Official: Stefano Pioli Thread

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Congrats Pioli. Well done.

I trust the team and their effort, I think a football team needs to know how to suffer in short competitions like Champions and we are doing amazingly. Now were in the semi again, and whatever happens, happens.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@Casualista may have a small penis but it's the size of the brain, and not penis, that matters in football IQ discussions.

And not only do you have zero football IQ but you also speak like a castration victim.
You would know how castration victims speak, right?
Probably the same type of talk that comes from Pioli fangirls. :proud:

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Pioli always do the oposite that he should do in moments like this.

You enter with your big guns, make the score and then administrate, you can't put the big guns as firemans, the subs gets frustrated, the starters get frustrated, what he do is a no win situation, its dumb, plus, the starters could have be resting from the 45' or even earlier in the first half, instead, they are pissed frustated and tense for been there fighting a fire until 95'.

We better go practice hard penalty shooting, its our only chance to win the CL and be in it next season.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Starting the game with a reserve lineup when the battle for top 4 is a bloodbath...
Yet another example of Pioli's trademark stubbornness and dumbassary.
Our chances to win CL are a lot smaller than nailing top 4 if we fucking focus on it.
But Pioli is on track to flush the entire season down the toilet and there's no hope for a turnaround.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Since it was certain that a team like Cremonese will defend compactly, I think it was wrong to start (and finish) the game with Brahim Diaz who is simply not so good in such situations and especially if he is asked to play centrally. I also think it would have been better to start with a CF who can battle with their CBs, just to disrupt their defensive organization.

Ideally we should have gone with:

Giroud
Origi, CdK, Saelemakers
Vranckx, Krunic/Bennacer
FBT, Thiaw, Kjaer, Kalulu

You keep applying pressure until the floodgates open up and then when the opponent is forced to attack you can bring in the likes of Diaz and Leao and you rest the likes of Giroud, Krunic/Bennacer, Kjaer for Lazio.

It was poor management by Pioli with his initial team selection and the substitutions he made and ultimately our key players used up a lot of energy on an unsatisfactory result and lowered the team morale.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Since it was certain that a team like Cremonese will defend compactly, I think it was wrong to start (and finish) the game with Brahim Diaz who is simply not so good in such situations and especially if he is asked to play centrally. I also think it would have been better to start with a CF who can battle with their CBs, just to disrupt their defensive organization.

Ideally we should have gone with:

Giroud
Origi, CdK, Saelemakers
Vranckx, Krunic/Bennacer
FBT, Thiaw, Kjaer, Kalulu

You keep applying pressure until the floodgates open up and then when the opponent is forced to attack you can bring in the likes of Diaz and Leao and you rest the likes of Giroud, Krunic/Bennacer, Kjaer for Lazio.

It was poor management by Pioli with his initial team selection and the substitutions he made and ultimately our key players used up a lot of energy on an unsatisfactory result and lowered the team morale.
The problem is that we dont have players to control possession, our possession usualy envolves a midfield circulating between the defenders and thats all.
Knowing that we dont know what to do with the ball and we just wait for a space so Leão can make his runs, the opponent just give us the ball and wait, Cremonese did perfectly, and just waited for a mistake.

I team like Napoli for example, that controls the ball, suffered allowing Leão some spaces and pay the price. (4-0, 1-0 and 1-1).

I dont think Inzaghi will come full force towards us, if he do, Leão will damage them.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Missing out on top 4 will be an absolute disaster for the club unless a miracle happens and we win the CL.

The team selection in a must win home game against 2nd from bottom Cremonese was criminal.

We played nearly every sub and if that didnt motivate the opposition I don't know what would. The team selection was so arrogant suggesting our 2nd string would beat them. Origi and Charles have been next to useless this season, I simply have no idea what Pioli was expecting.

As it stands we now need to pretty much win the remaining 5 games or CL is gone.

This season has been a rollercoaster and it's been a great run in the CL. However the league form at times has been truly embarrassing. I won't forget humiliating defeats away to Lazio or the home game to Sassuolo.

4th place is a bare minimum without CL glory and if Pioli fails on both counts he must be replaced.

The squad is good enough for top 4 and if that is not achieved Pioli must be replaced.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know what this guy think, qualifying for the CL is much more important than playing (not winning) the CL final, you need to keep the money flowing, i blame maldini for the useless scrubs we call attack, but again he can do much better as we don't have any movement plan up front is the worst i've probably seen in my life even in the banter era.

I do really hope de zerbi take over, at least he would know what to do, this guy seems out of clues how to coach a team.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan also have the worst last 5 match run out of all the teams competing for top 4.
No matter how this ends, Pioli has lost it and must go.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The "worst nightmare" everyone sane has been warning about is happening.
I don't know how you can turn a scudetto-winning team into "this".
Thank you for the Scudetto and goodbye.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
He should have been given the boot in January. At least then we would have made top 4 in the league.

It has been a season of truly awful performances in the league.

Time to go.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Go to jail and do not pass go.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He should have been given the boot in January. At least then we would have made top 4 in the league.

It has been a season of truly awful performances in the league.

Time to go.
That was really stupid,to keep him after that January horror .

Shadow47

Young Assassin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery
all that talk with curva sud just to field the same players with the same tactic again

next please

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Thank you for the Scudetto but this season especially Serie A has been an absolute disgrace.

The change of ownership in the summer affected the transfer market. That didn't help but with a good coach 4th place would have been easily manageable with this squad. For that Pioli has to be replaced.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
The iq in this thread is going to be very low for a while but I'll just sum the squad outside his starting 11 he has had to work with this season. A squad lord Paul the second built for him :

Tata - trash
Mirante - trash
Vazquez - trash
Kalulu - trash
Thiaw - average
Gabbia - below average
Dest - trash
Food balo - trash
Florenzi - injured
Bakayoko - trash
Pobega - below average / average
Vrancx - trash
Cdk - trash
Adli - extreme trash
Rebic - trash
Messias - below average
Salad - average
Origi - trash
Ibrahimovic - injured.

Don't talk about how he doesn't know how to raise younger players. All the players you jerk off on are worth whatever it is they are worth because of him bar donnarumma.

Yeah why didn't he do more this season with this ? Why did he fail everytime he rotated?

I await the next coach that will come and see how many of these players they will turn into world beaters.

My guess - not many.

Don't @me.

Last edited:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Thank you for bringing back the pride of playing for Milan, I'll always be grateful for overcoming that whirlwind of a task.

I think the team has now surpassed the coach in their level of development, they need someone a little bit more ruthless and more attentive to details.

Thank you and good luck

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
No ones saying the squad is world beaters but it's better than the results Pioli has got this season.

We have been hammered by Sassuolo at home and Lazio away were 2 of the worst. We can't beat teams in the bottom 3. It's time for him to go.