The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
Raiola and Romagnoli will pick whoever offers them the highest salary and signing bonus.

I think he'll stay until his contract expires, or they'll push for a move to a club that's not willing to pay a significant transfer fee.

I dont think Romagnoli will accept from being a captain to 3rd choice defender.

Either he start showing he is better than Tomori or he may accept to leave at the end of the season.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan Eye @MilanEye

Probable lineup vs. Udinese according to Sky:
Donnarumma; Kalulu, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Theo Hernandez; Kessie, Tonali; Castillejo, Brahim, Rebic; Leao

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So we should hand out contracts based on tenureship rather than merit? Hakan probably had maybe 1 full season of decent football during his time here and Romagnoli has been stagnant in terms of his growth.

Both have been core pieces and especially Hakan is fitting very well into the plans (something which one can argue against Roma to a degree), I cannot see how we should build a top CL team if we sell players before their prime. If giving Hakan a proper rise is too expensive, whom of the current players would we grant it? Will we ship them all once they come into prime age and want to make a leap up the wage ladder?

To me the current wage structure is something temporary and nothing we can keep long term, if we want to be a great and not only a good team.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Both have been core pieces and especially Hakan is fitting very well into the plans (something which one can argue against Roma to a degree), I cannot see how we should build a top CL team if we sell players before their prime. If giving Hakan a proper rise is too expensive, whom of the current players would we grant it? Will we ship them all once they come into prime age and want to make a leap up the wage ladder?

Hakan has earned a +1.5m raise to 4m net + bonus.

Romagnoli is overpaid as it is.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
It's obvious someone with an interest for Milan planted the Romagnoli 6m euro story.. so fans like Mleite won't be upset when they ship his ass of

Does Roma still have a sell-on clause of over 25m euro on him?

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

To me the current wage structure is something temporary and nothing we can keep long term, if we want to be a great and not only a good team.

If they are playing well and vital to the team they will get increases

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Vlasic is and will be 2-3X the player Diaz will be. And will not cost more then Diaz. Or not much more. Im not concerned about Diaz leaving at all. He can stay on loan thats ok.

Mikan has bigger issues. How tonpay Tomori, vice Theo, DM, RW, Belotti or someone...

And to decide is Leao the guy or not.

To me, he has the potential to light up the league. Everyone already sees his lazy side though, so it gives you signs of a young Balotelli.

However, at his age he's able to handle defenders physically, isn't selfish so therefore does well on the wings. Has shown he can play as a striker, and more recently he did very well as an Attacking Mid.

It would be dumb to give up on him so quickly especially considering the investment in him. Plenty of other positions to worry about besides Leao, but he can be a back up for all our attacking positions as of right now

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If they are playing well and vital to the team they will get increases

Correct me if I'm wrong but we haven't been doing that without pressure from contracts nearing their end. That's imo a reason why players than want a bigger raise that accounts for several years.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Pioli:

“The numbers speak for themselves, unfortunately without fans, it’s not so decisive playing at home or away. There are more and more away wins that in the previous years, clearly playing in their own stadium can give advantages. Tomorrow will be an important match, Udinese are an organised team that put us under pressure in the first leg. We will need a great performance. The matches are all important, but also different. For me, it’s unfortunate to be spoilt for choice. Only tomorrow, we will try the starting line-up. I will choose the one who is better off. We arrive from a beautiful win, let’s give continuity to our results.”

“You are very good at finding the negative things. A few weeks ago, we were talking about a Rafael Leao who as decisive. Tomorrow he will have the opportunity to start. He doesn’t need to be pampered or helped, because he’s ready. Zlatan is our champion, but the leader must be our game, as we demonstrated last Sunday. If we play like this, we can do well even without Ibrahimovic and Calhanoglu. We have many players who can be decisive.”

“I would have been surprised if Ibra had said something different in the press conference. It’s right that he says certain things. We have to focus only on ourselves. We have to win as many games as possible and play our football. We are satisfied with the match in Rome. It’s the decisive moment of the season, we remain focused and try to get the most out of it. Then we will see what position we will be in.”

“The last few weeks have allowed us to change certain things. The team believed in what they were doing and were putting their habits into play. In Rome there was a great team spirit. We must continue like this.”

“Ibra is an extra weapon for us, but the fact that the team did well without him, it means we have some qualities,” Pioli said about the Swede’s absence. Tonight, I will watch Juventus-Spezia. I spoke to Ibrahimovic. Unfortunately, Sanremo finished too late for me.”

“Only you talk about failures, for me they are simply choices. I talked to him. You can’t always have the same ideas, but the important thing is respect. Rebic is fine, tomorrow morning he can prepare and play against Udinese. On Sunday, he played a great game. His characteristics are important for us. There are no doubts about his qualities.”

“Ismael and Mario? They are progressing in the individual work. This week they work separately. I hope to get some good news this week and that they can be available. In my opinion, we have the opportunity to demonstrate that the extraordinary thing was the two weeks we didn’t play well. It can happen when a team plays so often and was not used to maintaining certain rhythms. We must show that we are a team that have an important growth path. We are not dwelling on the past. What we do from tomorrow and onwards will be decisive."

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Latest from Sky: Problems for Tomori and Calabria in today's training session, the two players are expected to be left out of the formation against Udinese.

Ah shit Romagnoli to play with Kjaer again.

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
6m is Roma?s opening offer, he probably wants like 4,5-5,5m. I?d find everything till 4,5 reasonable and would go up till 5 million.

Same with Hakan.

People here are worried about inflating wages which I understand, but at some point we also have to show players that they can spend their prime here too and that they can get beyond the 3-4m mark here. Even if we say no to Hakan and Roma it is norhing you can ultimately prevent if we want to get back to the top.

When that happened everyone else beside Roma and Hakan will postpone their contract talks and want an unjustifiable salary increment and when they fail to perform Milan cant sell their asses off because of their ridiculous salary demand and be forever stuck with Milan as a dead weight. After that because Milan spent so much on salary they have little to no transfer money for new player. And the vicious cycle contines. :fp:

At the moment Romagnoli earns 3.5m while Kjaer earns 1.2m

https://www.rossoneriblog.com/2020/10/10/milan-2020-2021-players-salary-chart/

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Latest from Sky: Problems for Tomori and Calabria in today's training session, the two players are expected to be left out of the formation against Udinese.

Ah shit Romagnoli to play with Kjaer again.

What the heeeellllllllllll

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
6m is Roma's opening offerr

Same with Hakan.

giphy.gif

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Sky: Donnarumma; Kalulu, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Theo Hernandez; Kessie, Tonali; Castillejo, Brahim, Rebic; Leao

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's obvious someone with an interest for Milan planted the Romagnoli 6m euro story.. so fans like Mleite won't be upset when they ship his ass of

"obvious"

umm...no. Romagnoli is no Messi.
There was no fan backlash. If anything there was a backlash when Pioli started Ale in the derby.

This seems to be planted or spread by someone that wants to destabilize Milan.
Gazzetta is owned by Torino owner Cairo, who made GdS scourge the Milan-Torino referee in the front page for the dumbest reasons.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
If Maldini can sell Romagslowly to Ladri he'd be contender for best SD in football history.

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
come on vulture :fp:

im on your side most of the time but i also stand for justice, equality, honesty and fertility

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
502oxw.jpg

Why is he still here? He's wrong even about his own words let alone anything football related.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Castillejo in the first 11 vs Udine? Hello nonexistant right side again :fp:

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
i agree but id just play silva there for me he is the obvious option for this current team since he can actually play football (who denies this is foolish). we didnt get played by mendes hes not a fraud but..it was just a very unnecesary buy for our current team...

silva young striker with good physique, decent technique and dubbed by c ronaldo himself as his heir and on low wages ..why would we sell him? loan him out like any sensible club would do

yungfreddy in 2017/2018

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
502oxw.jpg

Why is he still here? He's wrong even about his own words let alone anything football related.

He said it, but then, as he was sitting in his mom's basement and opening his unemployment check, he realized he had literally nothing else to do with his time.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We won the first game because we suffocated the space by playing low, while keeping Kessie single mindedly patrolling the space in front of Lukaku. So he was trapped with Romagnoli behind him and Kessie in front of him. Our mistake in the second game was playing high, leaving him space to run into and not having Kessie deep enough to control the zone in front of him. That's an oversimplification but generally we should have stayed low against Inter, that's how you beat them. If you press high you play their game.

giphy.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.