The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fuck P$G.

And Bayern?s holier than thou attempt was laughable. They have bundesfodder teams by the balls financially and pretty much is already doing what people are saying the big teams will do to small teams under the Super League. So of course they can afford to come out and virtue signal, gtfo.

^ Bayern has a monopoly on bundes and all their talents.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Sumbody summon Nostradamus... clear this Germany position for us.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
we live in capitalistic society yet some people hate profits..... North Koreans don't have interesting soccer games.

We do, but that?s gonna end in a revolution if nothing changes :lol: Just look at political situation of US...

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Soon enough psg and bayern will look very not sexy for their players to maintain.

Players will not want to participate in the Mickey mouse cup.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
David shud ask gordon for sum of that infrastructure cheddar... cant join in a SL with the club forum looking like this... cant even post mp4.
Daddy general will throw some money on improvements.

Unless he's an imaginary millionaire.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
I hope FIFA imposes a life ban on players who decide to join this rogue tournament.

May not affect the top players, but for tier 2 players it would be too risky.

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
Also, please stop acting like you're going to gain something out of this.

AC Milan doesn't care about you. You're not going to get a single penny from this.

"We" stand to gain from this move. Fucking idiots. :fp::lol:

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I will put up a picture of Florentino in my house if this plan comes to fruition

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
I’m just glad we’re at 2nd place in Serie A during this period or else we’ll be the laughing stock of the football world same with Arsenal. Imagine not being in CL for so long then all of a sudden being one of the unremovable members of the soon to be biggest club competition. Feels like a cheat code. :lol:

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
We do stand to gain. We get to watch our club play with better players meaning we get to enjoy that more. And if we win the ESL we get to talk shit to others

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Watch them keep shifting the goal post

Next they will bring up history traditions. Then that we are Udinese in Super League. Then something soemthing fairness.

:lol:

That Perez interview is possibly the most badass thing I've ever read.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Florentino Perez: "AC Milan are one of the biggest clubs in the world and we are very happy to have them join us. Regarding Arsenal and Tottenham we honestly invited them because we needed more teams in the league”. #rmalive

As I said, absolute shame B&G are not around for this but they would 100% be all in on this. Florentino does not lose very often, he’s studied all the angles.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
fuck p$g.

And bayern?s holier than thou attempt was laughable. They have bundesfodder teams by the balls financially and pretty much is already doing what people are saying the big teams will do to small teams under the super league. So of course they can afford to come out and virtue signal, gtfo.

+100

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Is this the same bayern we are talking about?
5e1b67feb5717f514bba47b53a842a6c.jpg

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Florentino Perez: "AC Milan are one of the biggest clubs in the world and we are very happy to have them join us. Regarding Arsenal and Tottenham we honestly invited them because we needed more teams in the league?. #rmalive

As I said, absolute shame B&G are not around for this but they would 100% be all in on this. Florentino does not lose very often, he?s studied all the angles.

Lmao

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Florentino Perez: ?The 15 founding clubs are the ones that matter the most. Others like Napoli or Roma will have a chance to be in the competition one day or another. "

Perez: ?If PSG and Bayern reject the project, it will not be canceled.
This is bullshit. "

Florentino Perez: "UEFA thinks that we are theirs and that they can do whatever they want with us, but they are wrong. It's over. It's time for a new ERA. "

Florentino Perez: ?The major clubs of England, Spain and Italy must give a solution to the bad situation that football is going through. "

Perez: ?We came to the conclusion that by doing the Super League instead of the Champions League we could mitigate the lost income. "

Perez: ?At R?al, we lost a lot of money, we are all going through a very bad situation.
When there is no profit, the only way is to play more competitive matches during the week. The Super League will financially save the clubs. "

Florentino Perez: "Many big clubs in Europe want to find a solution to a very bad financial situation. The SuperLeague will save these clubs financially."

Florentino Perez: "Football has to evolve, as life evolves. It has to adapt.
Football has lost interest, 40% of young people are not interested in football because of unattractive matches. "

P?rez: "The 16/24 year olds are no longer interested in football. We are gradually losing interest in it, audiences are declining and television rights too. Something had to be done, and the pandemic has accelerated this process, we are ruined. "

Florentino Perez: "If we have more money it will be better for everyone, because we can sign players from smaller clubs for a lot of money, it will also help them financially."

Perez: ?It will become like a pyramid because we the big clubs will have more money and we will be able to invest it by buying players.?

Perez: ?A Real Madrid-Manchester or a Barcelona-Milan are more attractive than matches with modest teams participating in the Champions League. "

Sounds more like a rant than a serious plan.

bobdeboss

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Is this the same bayern we are talking about?
5e1b67feb5717f514bba47b53a842a6c.jpg

It's all about politics at this point for him, he's in line for a position in the ECA and heard bayern has business with the Qatari.

People are mentioning that the ESL will destroy the chances of clubs like ajax and leicester winning big trophies. When was the last time a "small team" won the UCL. As perez stated it's almost impossible for that to occur and it would be the same scenario in the superleague. From the 5 times joining in they would have the opportunity to upset the big dogs and earn much more money doing so than Uefa would distribute. JP Morgan definitely wouldn't be backing this if big money wasn't involved.

Uefa is definitely not against the superleague idea, FIFA has wanted to create something similar for years. The problem is they've been cut out financially, they're vocal because they want to dictate the ESL and I agree with the clubs, cut out the middle man and all the profits will be shared among them.

All the governments huffing and puffing will fall in line too because it's all about money, new taxes will be added and once they're benefiting, they won't give a damn about what Uefa or FIFA has to say.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A full breakdown of the interview Florentino Perez gave to Spanish television program, El Chiringuito, below:

Timing of the European Super League and the Impact of the Pandemic
“Why now for the European Super League? The big clubs of England, Spain and Italy have to find a solution to tackle the bad situation that football is experiencing. We’ve come to the conclusion that by replacing Champions League with the Super League, we’ll be able to alleviate the lost income due to the pandemic. You have to make profitable income by producing more competitive games. When you have no income other than the broadcasting rights, you come up with a solution of producing more attractive games that enable fans from all over the world to watch the big clubs play against each other. Real Madrid are in a very bad economic situation. Real Madrid, in two seasons, have lost more than 400 million euros — and that’s just Real Madrid!”

Appealing to a New Generation of Fans
Football is beginning to lose interest, audiences are going down and television rights too, something had to be done, and the pandemic accelerated this process. Without change, we are ruined. 16-24 year old fans aren’t interested in football. 40% of young people aren’t interested in football, because there are too many games of low quality. It’s in all the statistics and the studies. Teenagers are more interested in playing video games than in football these days, and we have to do something to bring them back. We had to adapt. The same thing happened in the 50’s, UEFA and FIFA were opposed to Bernab?u and the European Cup.”

“No one has interest in the Champions League until the quarter-finals. What generates the most interest? Let the greats play. We’re doing our best for the sport. The Champions League has lost its attraction, we have created the Super League to save football. We have to change something to make this sport more attractive at a global level. That is what we did with Bernabeu.”

“The television rights are what make us money. That money is for everyone. If those at the top have money, it goes to everyone because we buy players from those other clubs and we can be in solidarity.”

“Nobody understands the new format of the Champions League, and I’m sure it’s not enough to save football. I don’t own Real Madrid, I joined the club back in 2000 to save it from a very bad economic situation; now we want to save football because the situation is bad, we have to evolve the models.”

Threats from UEFA
“Players excluded from International matches or tournaments? That’s not going to happen. I want to assure every football player out there, they cannot stop you from playing with your National team. Threats from UEFA president? (Smirks) So be it. Real Madrid will not be banned from the Champions League. I guarantee it 100%, no one can take us out of the Champions League. UEFA has prepared the new format of UCL for 2024. In 2024, we will be dead. We’re not UEFA’s property, they can’t govern us. UEFA’s monopoly is over, a new era is coming.”

“What UEFA’s president did today was unacceptable, disrespecting Agnelli [Juventus Chariman]. UEFA has to change. It’s ridiculous that the UEFA president can allow himself to insult the president of a huge European club. We don’t need these type of people in football. Disrespectful and unacceptable.”

“How is La Liga going to lose value? How is Madrid not going to go with their best against Valencia? In Basketball we play the League and another competition like this which is the Euro League. They can coexist perfectly.”

Additional Invitees to the Super League
“We haven’t invited PSG yet for the Super League. Nor we have invited any German clubs. We will not cancel the Super League if PSG and Bayern do not join - that’s nonsense. We have 15 teams and another five teams will enter. It will not be a closed league. The five teams will earn their place every season. Again, I repeat, the Super League is not a closed league. That’s totally false. It’s an open league that any good team can reach, regardless of the name. If you win the UCL, you receive €120 to €130m from UEFA, but with Super League we will earn much more. Any team can enter — Sevilla is one of the clubs that can enter the League. It will not be closed. We believe in what the clubs can offer so they will fight to play in the competition.”

“This Super League is not a competition for the rich, it’s a competition of solidarity to save football, by the great and the modest. We want to start as soon as possible, we want to talk to UEFA and FIFA, but they should not get angry - they better know that. The big teams are more attractive, they are the ones who generate the most money. I do not think it’s more attractive to watch unfamiliar teams. We owe this change to the fans. Everything will be improved with the Super League, including VAR and the referees. Without the Super League, football will die before 2024. Big and small clubs will die.”

“One of our clubs panicking and leaving? No, they already signed — we all signed on Saturday. Barcelona are going through a difficult economic situation, Laporta immediately understood and accepted like all the great clubs in the world. This Super League will save the entire world of football. It wasn’t difficult to convince Joan Laporta because he has a responsibility to his club and it’s fans.

Financial Transparency
“We want to start the Super League next season, that’s why we announced. I was chosen as a president because of my experience.”

“I know LeBron James’ salary because it’s public, but I don’t know the UEFA president’s salary. Why? UEFA does not have a good image throughout it’s history, there needs to be transparency. I reduced my salary because of the pandemic, I don’t think the president of the UEFA or La Liga did that. We have problems even with our sponsors. Adidas and Emirates have had difficulties (financially), we also have to be in solidarity with them. There are people who think that nothing has happened since the pandemic. This isn’t a battle for money, this is a battle for football. We’re trying to save football, and some people don’t care because it’s not in their financial interest.

“We will do all of our efforts to try to reach a compromise with FIFA or UEFA. If we can’t reach an agreement, we won’t back down. We will continue working even if it takes more time. We will be able to watch the best games in world football two days of the week. Without compromising the matches of the respective leagues on the weekend.”

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's all about politics at this point for him, he's in line for a position in the ECA and heard bayern has business with the Qatari.

People are mentioning that the ESL will destroy the chances of clubs like ajax and leicester winning big trophies. When was the last time a "small team" won the UCL. As perez stated it's almost impossible for that to occur and it would be the same scenario in the superleague. From the 5 times joining in they would have the opportunity to upset the big dogs and earn much more money doing so than Uefa would distribute. JP Morgan definitely wouldn't be backing this if big money wasn't involved.

Uefa is definitely not against the superleague idea, FIFA has wanted to create something similar for years. The problem is they've been cut out financially, they're vocal because they want to dictate the ESL and I agree with the clubs, cut out the middle man and all the profits will be shared among them.

All the governments huffing and puffing will fall in line too because it's all about money, new taxes will be added and once they're benefiting, they won't give a damn about what Uefa or FIFA has to say.

For teams like Ajax the SL would actually be the only way how they could have their past success in this day and age.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
An amusing exchange I saw on twitter:

"Spurs, stop this nonsense! You're insulting our history and our fans!"

"Your what?"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
If those at the top have money, it goes to everyone because we buy players from those other clubs and we can be in solidarity.?

Perez you piece of shit. Drop dead you fucking cunt.

So trickle down economy it is then. At least they are not hiding anything.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
it hasn't started. You watched it already? You know the players were not professional. I was just saying that we should give the Super League a chance. Stop taking things out of context. Clearly you are used to hearing fake news that's why.

what? im talking about the person you quoted :fp:

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Florentino Perez: "AC Milan are one of the biggest clubs in the world and we are very happy to have them join us. Regarding Arsenal and Tottenham we honestly invited them because we needed more teams in the league?. #rmalive

As I said, absolute shame B&G are not around for this but they would 100% be all in on this. Florentino does not lose very often, he?s studied all the angles.
True love.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The SL without relegation is unfair, of course. But biggest clubs provide most of the revenue, while taking most of the risk.
Global pandemic or missing just one year of CL and you are 100+m in the red (except EPL).
Clubs like Atalanta with their 40m wage bill are not running same risk, but they don't have fans and don't generate money.
It may sound like I defend rich, but in reality almost all clubs barely break even. They earn more, but they spend more, even have to spend more
SL is necessary

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Like Atalanta's butthurt
#Atalanta full-back Robin #Gosens is 'shocked' the #SuperLeague is coming true: 'If #Arsenal or #Tottenham qualify forever without any sporting achievement, the foundation of football will be taken away.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule