Champions League Group Stage: Liverpool FC - AC Milan 15/09/2021 21:00 CET

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
This will be a good test

But even if we lose, I wont take too much out of it. Liverpool are at a different stage in football compared to us.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
This will be a good test

But even if we lose, I wont take too much out of it. Liverpool are at a different stage in football compared to us.

Yes. We are on our way up and they are slowly dipping

Will not shock me if we win

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Literally me at 0-1 Leao goal

giphy.gif

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Will ibra asking for first minute?i hope giroud starting since he is always score there vs pool.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
G
Leao-brah-sae
Kes-ton
Theo-tom-kja-cala
M8

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
still not 1 prediction here. cmon peeps

milan win by 1 goal difference

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
This will be a good test

I will be satisfied with a good fight ala ManU.
Would prefer it over playing bad & wining.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So my guess about the lineup is:

Maignan, Calabria, Kjaer, Tomori, Theo, Tonali, Kessie, Saelemaekers, Brahim, Leao, Ibra.

Subs:

Leao -> Rebic
Saelemaekers -> Florenzi
Tonali -> Bennacer
Ibra -> Giroud
Brahim -> Balo-Toure (I really liked this one, allows us to play 442 with
basically two fullbacks on each side, great if we're winning and want to sit back)

Pioli might want Giroud to start over Ibra if he hasn't been affected by covid at all. I can see Pioli keeping Ibra for later in the game and not want to burden him too much so early after returning, but it is Ibra and I don't think there's any chance he's not going to start.

Last edited:

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Pleased to see nothing but good mentality. Major improvement from last season.

I want to put forth a motion that any person(s) from this point onwards that brings loser mentality prior to champions league matches be temporarily muted for the duration of the game.

A season goal at rnb is to not have a biggest loser award and instead all of us stand together having won.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
:lol: at those thinking any team can score on us

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

icculus71

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Need more hype for this one...hesitantly confident.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I think I prefer Giroud for this one. But aint no way in hell Zlatan wont start this :lol:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Liverpool will most likely play with : Allisson, Trent, Matip, VVD, Robertson, Thiago, Fabinho, Henderson, Salah, Jota, Mane.

No Firminho and obviously the young kid that dislocated his ankle.

I’ll have more thoughts on the game later I’m still thinking about it, but the key for Pioli is how to deal with their press and how to use Maignan. Theo is going to be our weapon exploiting the space behind Salah, with Kessie and Tomori making sure that zone is protected behind him. Brahim breaking behind their midfield line once we break their press will be crucial. Ibra or Giroud are needed of course as a way to escape their press and bypass the midfield. There will be a lot of space in front of Leao, with TAA being a bit more attacking than Robertson on the other side. As long as they don’t overload Theo too often, which is what they’ll be looking to do, we will try to attack that space as much as we can, behind Salah.

I have a feeling Pioli might take the more conservative option and opt for Rebic from the start for this one, as he can more reliably track Trent and still have energy to press him.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score

Zlatan, 120 games, 48 goals, 27 assists.

Zlatan can get to 7th in the all time scorers this year to equal Henry on 50, he's currently tied 9th with Sheva. Di Stefano has 49. Maybe he can equal 6th placed van Nistelrooy on 56. :D

He's also close to the top 10 of most appearances, Clarence is currently 10th with 125. Although Muller has 124.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Whatever we end up with a result this Wednesday, I think it's important to stay strong for the boys.

Because it looks like they are strong. We already had a great and growing foundation last season, and in my view the squad has been strengthened and deepened. It appears the good vibe and the understanding of what Milan is and should be is alive and well within our new squad.

I'm expecting our honor to be intact, not necessarily a result. Do I think we can win? Yes. In italics. But could we very well be taught a lesson from a superior and more experienced squad? Yes. Does that mean this squad isn't as exciting? No.

It's unbelievable to be back. I grew up with Milan being supreme in Europe, my 20s have been tough. But I believe we are on a path towards #8.

Forza Milan!

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I will be satisfied with a good fight ala ManU.

Would prefer it over playing bad & wining.
Wtf. Three points motherfucker! I want to progress!

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Zlatan, 120 games, 48 goals, 27 assists.

Zlatan can get to 7th in the all time scorers this year to equal Henry on 50, he's currently tied 9th with Sheva. Di Stefano has 49. Maybe he can equal 6th placed van Nistelrooy on 56. :D

He's also close to the top 10 of most appearances, Clarence is currently 10th with 125. Although Muller has 124.

A Zlatan goal means he?s the oldest ever goalscorer

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Whatever we end up with a result this Wednesday, I think it's important to stay strong for the boys.

Because it looks like they are strong. We already had a great and growing foundation last season, and in my view the squad has been strengthened and deepened. It appears the good vibe and the understanding of what Milan is and should be is alive and well within our new squad.

I'm expecting our honor to be intact, not necessarily a result. Do I think we can win? Yes. In italics. But could we very well be taught a lesson from a superior and more experienced squad? Yes. Does that mean this squad isn't as exciting? No.

It's unbelievable to be back. I grew up with Milan being supreme in Europe, my 20s have been tough. But I believe we are on a path towards #8.

Forza Milan!

I?d agree with you, but I also know that the sort of team and strategy that puts Liverpool in trouble are also our strengths. So I?m optimistic for a good performance.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I?d agree with you, but I also know that the sort of team and strategy that puts Liverpool in trouble are also our strengths. So I?m optimistic for a good performance.
Of course I am too, but this will be the most competent attack our defense has yet faced.

I relish the challenge! If Theo can stay disciplined we have one of the strongest backlines in Europe. Kjaer struggled with exactly no one this Euro, and he is rested before this.

Let's fucking GOOOOOOOO!!!

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The specimen Wild will swallow over the next few weeks.
a6620d7fadd0130f8129b004263ff002.jpg

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Liverpool fans are calling this clash Football royalty vs Football royalty

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Liverpool fans are calling this clash Football royalty vs Football royalty

I expect their fans to give us a nice welcome back home. They were in a similar position as us, although nothing comes close to our downfall, and they know how we felt all these years

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I expect their fans to give us a nice welcome back home. They were in a similar position as us, although nothing comes close to our downfall, and they know how we felt all these years
I sort of gave Liverpool my adoration when they came back and played super football under Klopp. I was like "Alright they have the history and they have an exciting history". When they won #6 I became cautious suddenly.

They may be a club of history but if history is a topic of conversation they should bow, and bow deeply, towards the greatness of Milan!

The Kop can suck leaf.

Schedule