Alessandro Matri Thread

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Just look at Pazzini's signing last summer. Same timing, same reactions, and same complaints about the fee. And look at how people view Pazzini now. I think the casual (read: not very intelligent) football fan just doesn't think much of poachers. Just look at how Pippo was regarded by non-Milanisti pre-Athens.

Some may think we need a defender or a midfielder more, but Allegri clearly doesn't think so. And Allegri knows his team better than any of us, so just let the man do his job.

And whoever doesn't think Matri is a good CF is a certified moron. His job is to score goals and he does that well. Goals win games.

The guy already played at a big club - and scored important goals against us and Inter -, already worked with Allegri, and is a product of Milan's primavera so is more or less familiar with the surroundings and hopefully wouldn't take long to settle.

wait is this actually an intelligent post? on this forums? my god.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
my problem with him isn't about whether he's a good player or not. he's on the same level with pazzini I think.

but I dont see the need to buy him, unless we plan to sell pazzini. and in that case, obtaining matri on loan with option to buy is a safer bet. I dont like the obligation to buy rumors.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
my problem with him isn't about whether he's a good player or not. he's on the same level with pazzini I think.

but I dont see the need to buy him, unless we plan to sell pazzini. and in that case, obtaining matri on loan with option to buy is a safer bet. I dont like the obligation to buy rumors.

i kind of like terms

seems we'll buy him for 2-3 mil upfront w/ rest in 2-3 mil in multiple yearly installments

Meaning we'll only pay 2-3 mil. Cause i'm positive we'll sell pazzo or matri for the remainder owed to juve.

juve won't get money upfront, and we won't ever end up paying a lot.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Unless Robinho becomes the Robinho of the first year (which I highly doubt) or Niang plays like El Shaarawy last year, we need a striker to be able to play well both in CL and Serie A. Balotelli as a lone FC is not enough and Petagna is not a proper substitute.

Forget PSV, all Serie A teams have better defense and the only way to force them from parking the bus is to have a strong FC who can poach, make headers and play with back to goal.

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
Actually Matri is a definite need in this team . We have Balo and then what ? If he gets suspended or gets injured for a month who plays ? Pazzo will only be back mid/late november but he will only probably be game fit come january( after the winter break) . Petagna is a good prospect but is way too young . Niang is not a front man , and he too is still raw . Ideally i would sign Matri and loan out petagna to a club like Sassuolo . The problem is milan have other needs aswell . 1 Am and 1 Cb would help out . But as i said we could live without the Am if we keep the 4-3-3 , with Boa-Niang and maybe even Saponara playing as RW .

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
i kind of like terms

seems we'll buy him for 2-3 mil upfront w/ rest in 2-3 mil in multiple yearly installments

Meaning we'll only pay 2-3 mil. Cause i'm positive we'll sell pazzo or matri for the remainder owed to juve.

juve won't get money upfront, and we won't ever end up paying a lot.

:thumbsup:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Just look at Pazzini's signing last summer. Same timing, same reactions, and same complaints about the fee. And look at how people view Pazzini now. I think the casual (read: not very intelligent) football fan just doesn't think much of poachers. Just look at how Pippo was regarded by non-Milanisti pre-Athens.

Some may think we need a defender or a midfielder more, but Allegri clearly doesn't think so. And Allegri knows his team better than any of us, so just let the man do his job.

And whoever doesn't think Matri is a good CF is a certified moron. His job is to score goals and he does that well. Goals win games.

The guy already played at a big club - and scored important goals against us and Inter -, already worked with Allegri, and is a product of Milan's primavera so is more or less familiar with the surroundings and hopefully wouldn't take long to settle.

The bolded part is what matters the most.

Since Pazzini's return date is uncertain, it does make a lot of sense to have a backup for Balotelli (and not just a backup. Balo-Matri together upfront can be quite potent against certain types of teams.. just like Balo-Pazzini)..

However, I really hope this is not the last of the signings. The need for a midfielder is still stronger - particularly considering the injury records of Muntari, De Jong and the over-work that this could result in Montolivo.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score

:proud::proud::proud:

This is what I think as well,Matri for the money rumored is just ludicrous loan only!As we know Tevez went for 10M,Ljajic 8M etc. But now we qualified for CL we have 10-12M to WASTE on Matri who will NOT see himself as probably 4th option(CF) surely this is a smokescreen,because it doesn't make a lot of sense unless as you mentioned Pazzini is sold.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Matri to Milan will be done withing hours. 11 million straight or 10 + 2.
Matri-Milan, questione di ore: la Juve dice sì
http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/matri-milan-questione-di-ore-la-juve-dice-si/

@carlolaudisa 1h
#Milan pronti 12 mln per #Matri: in rate di 3 anni? Oggi contatto al telefono con la #Juve #gds

Meanwhile Spurs sign Eriksen for 12 million on 3 installments, less than for a 29 year old Matri! This is just funny
‏@dimarzio 17m
Three players on medical now for @SpursOfficial: #lamela, #chiriches and #eriksen too. #footballtransfers

So Matri is worth more than Tevez, Eriksen and Yilmaz? Legit. Not to mention his huge wages..
Marrotta outshone :g: once again.

Nikfes

Fresh rumour.
Reaction score
12-099-RUSSO-GQ-01107_f.jpg

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
- Mediaset reports that Matri will get a 4 year contract worth €2.6m a year

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
in my next life i want to be a italian

they get all the free flowing hair and good facial features:p

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Mediaset: Matri and Milan have agreed terms - €2.6m per season until 2017. His current salary at Juventus is €2.2 million.

What the fuck is this ? :lol:

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good signing will be Matri.He is a youth Milan product and sure he will give all for the team.We cant relly on Balotelli all the time,he need rest sometimes,and i believe that Matri will do the job.Pazzo is out for long, and till his comeback we need striker.It will be good to have competition in striker department Pazzo vs Matri.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
shit shit and shit

littlewing

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I am sorry but this is a horrible deal.
Juventus have the best midfield and the best playmaker in the league and yet Matri only managed to score 10 goals and 2 assists all season playing as a striker..
Even fucking Giovinco outscored him and i doubt anybody would want him here in Milan.

I agree that Milan needs a replacement for Pazzini but a GOOD one. Not another fodder player that will retire here without contributing anything.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
ma vaffanculo

littlewing

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Seems like the mods of Juventuz.org already removed his thread from the player section.. #AbandonAllHope

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Seems like the mods of Juventuz.org already removed his thread from the player section.. #AbandonAllHope
Last hope of jinxing. :pray:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Add poll who thinks this signing makes sense.

Giving money to gobbi for their deadweight, signing a striker, giving a 2.6mm 4-year contract for a 29 year old. :conf:

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
Funding juve like a boss :g:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Like he funded inter for pazzini :star:

Schedule