The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I just want us to get a proper right sided attacker. Whether it's an attacking mid or a winger. Saelemaekers is good as a backup RW but isn't yet ready for a starting CL team

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
I just want us to get a proper right sided attacker. Whether it's an attacking mid or a winger. Saelemaekers is good as a backup RW but isn't yet ready for a starting CL team

I guess so,
But considering that Milan will play a lot of defensive football & a lot more counter attack in CL,
Saele/Florenzi are very good options.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
unpopular opinion - I think Roma-Fikayo should be the starting CB duo. They complete each other. Roma's main problem is his speed and Fik compensates for it, and other than that Ale is more clingy, and has bigger size than Simon, who is also good, but not as reliable as in form Rom. And don't tell me Lukaku raped him, cause that donkey bullied the whole league. Also don't forget Ale was a starter during the first half of the season when we were on top of the league. He did crumble with the team when a couple of bad matches happened but since then he had overwhelmingly more good matches as a second option than bad matches.

Last edited:

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score

we already have one, he's just slightly not in form :lol:

on a serious note, Diaz is a great option for RW (he was even loaned for that position and played there initially). He's quick and can dribble + make good low crosses or passes into the area. If only Pioli had the balls to try Tonali at AM :(

Last edited:

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah people overreact big time. Teams like man city have been blown out at anfield 5-0 by basically the same Liverpool team that they have this season.

Remember Atalanta first season in CL? They lost like 4 or 5 nil to fucking Zagreb, blown out by City, first three games were losses. Ended up making it out of the group and barely losing to PSG who would lose 1-0 in the final. Mentality and experience is everything at this level. The players need to learn. Luckily I think having a few leaders like Ibra and giroud, along with being at a club like milan and having a San Siro fortress will speed up the process. But young teams typically need a whole season to adjust to CL.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’m looking forward to seeing how the squad responds against Juventus.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Yeah people overreact big time. Teams like man city have been blown out at anfield 5-0 by basically the same Liverpool team that they have this season.

Remember Atalanta first season in CL? They lost like 4 or 5 nil to fucking Zagreb, blown out by City, first three games were losses. Ended up making it out of the group and barely losing to PSG who would lose 1-0 in the final. Mentality and experience is everything at this level. The players need to learn. Luckily I think having a few leaders like Ibra and giroud, along with being at a club like milan and having a San Siro fortress will speed up the process. But young teams typically need a whole season to adjust to CL.

I think it goes beyond the score, Zboban were talking about playing style/stats, etc.
But in general, i agree with you. the lost isn't that humiliating, since Milan literally fought back and gave them pressure.
it wasn't an easy win for Liverpool, asked Reds fans.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I?m looking forward to seeing how the squad responds against Juventus.
Me too. I expect a very motivated performance. They will be eager to prove a point.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What if?

We didnt rush contract extensions so we could see how players fare against champions league competition. After cl matches we can have a better picture of the players quality, what they deserve to be paid, and who we can build around.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fight them shoulder to shoulder physically. I expected kessie to do this. Instead he trembled. How dare he ask 8 million net...

Kessies game was the most disappointing from the whole lot. No confidence and very uninspiring.

Out of all our players I expected him to show more character, thought he would be a good match for a physical epl team.

If true, he played his cards wrong by trying to use the fans support to get the bigger contract. Fans are fickle and just as fast as you can get that love respect and title of ?president? you can also loose it.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think the team was honestly shocked at the pace that Liverpool played at. The game is much slower in Italy, but, I also think the team was overawed by the stadium, being away, they looked scared--and they were making mistakes, basic ones, and they just looked like they hadn't been there.

Yeah i think the main problem was a mental one rather than a quality one.
Noticeably we were making uncharacteristic moves. We were playing a deep line the whole time even on counters. Our attackers weren?t pressing any defenders. DMs weren?t moving efficiently and reading space. Our wingers were always loosing mark of fullbacks.

I think thats also why not many people are pointing fingers at pioli. It wasnt the tactics we approached the game with, we barely even saw the tactics because the players couldn?t execute.

But the mental side of the game is still important. Pioli and the players weren?t prepared mentally for that game. Thats where i think a Zlatan personality would have helped. But regardless through the experience alone the players will learn, and eventually execute our game.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
What if?

We didnt rush contract extensions so we could see how players fare against champions league competition. After cl matches we can have a better picture of the players quality, what they deserve to be paid, and who we can build around.

:star::star:

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
241497744_10216791042362964_6586631643623835160_n.jpg

Last edited:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Me too. I expect a very motivated performance. They will be eager to prove a point.

Both teams actually. Sucks they have 24 hours more rest

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I guess so,
But considering that Milan will play a lot of defensive football & a lot more counter attack in CL,
Saele/Florenzi are very good options.

No they are not. Florenzi is absolute trash as a RW even against mediocre teams in Serie A and Saelemakers is decent but not Milan current starting quality.

We need starting quality CAM and RW and a healthy striker to make the next step

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Some people are seriously overreacting for that loss. Yes, they were all over us for like 75 minutes and could've humiliated us, but they didn't. One way or another we fought back. It was the debut of 6 players in the competition against one of the favorites for the trophy on away ground at one of the most hostile stadiums in the world. And on top of that Liverpool are probably the best pressing team in the world.

Many players didn't deliver (to say the least) and looked bad, but this is how a team grows. Next game is crucial. If we lose to Atletico it is pretty much game over, but if we draw or win, we would have pretty decent chances to advance. I watched an extended highlight from Atletico-Porto and Atleti couldn't create shit. There's a legit chance to take some points from them and then from Porto.

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali
Kessie was an embarrassment against Liverpool.

He was the king of Milano before his actions in relation to the contract extension. Now, every Milan fan will judge his performances with great negativity as he needs to show that he is worth the pennies he is demanding. So far, he is not.

Besides, he was arguing a lot with his team mates during the match and his body language throughout the game was poor. For the first time in a long time, I actually want a sale of Kessie this winter mercato. Kessie has to play if he is in the team as he is one of our best players. But if he stays for the remaining year, this will have a bad impact on the team and on his own games.

This saga reminds me of Hakan - in the end, no one will want him, and if he stays, he will not be a fan favourite anymore which I don't know how he will react to. Hakan wanted to play a great Euro but failed doing so, Kessie so far, has failed as well on the biggest stage.

He was playing with fire and he ended up burning himself.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don?t think anyone sees Lazio as a scudetto contender like what?

That being said it is clear the league has taken a hit this year. Juve are nothing to be feared of even by us and we ourselves haven?t got so many stars

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Also, the whole agent thing that is going on in the football world right now just shows how money has ruined football.

Players like Kessie, Hakan and Donnarumma buys a service from an agency or in Donnas case, a fat cow, and the agencies work is to land the best deal for the player.

In Kessies case, Kessie might want to play for Milan for years to come. But he did hire an agency to get the best contract possible. Therefore, the agencies don't give a damn about the players loyalty as their main objective is to score the best contract whether it is in Milan or in Paris.

I miss the times with Nesta, Maldini, Ambro and so on - times where the players got a decent salary but where the players were mainly focused on playing for the club they loved. The extra millions a year couldn't change their mind. Compare this to Hakan. A man that sold his soul for an additional 500k a year.

Speaking of the fat cow, I read that Mino Raiola wants to hold for the contract of Pogba next summer. I wonder if his commission fee is included in this auction.

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
By the way guys Lazio is a team with a good coach but very thin on quality. A lot of people were misled by our win over them. They have 2 midfielders who could play regularly for a top 10 side in the EPL (SMS and Luis Alberto) and they have 1 defender in Luis Felipe who could as well and maybe Lazarri for a mid table to lower table team. Their other midfield options are frankly rubbish (Old Lucas and fodder like Cataldi, Escalante, Akpa Akpro etc) same with their defense.
Arcebi is mediocre, same as Hysaj and the rest are Serie B material at best

The rest of their team especially their attack is really poor and thin. Their attacking options are Immobile (who is crap outside Serie A and crap internationally), finished Pedro, journey man Felipe Anderson, an average Zaccagni and donkey Muriqi.

They are worse quality wise than Arsenal for example yet some people here think they are title contenders. Any league this Lazio team is a title contender for is not serious and they won?t contend for any title in Serie A for sure

Valid points, but if Lazio put a run together you know there will be people coming out of the woodwork claiming Acerbi is the best CB in Serie A, that we made a huge mistake letting Pepe Reina go and that Muriqi is the true heir of Ibra.

That is simply how it works.

Teams are either so great in the run up to our matches that they will demolish us, and therefore Milan are shit, or are so shit that we'll lose to them anyway and therefore we are shit again.

Thankfully this seems to be happening less and less nowadays but my god was it irritating on here.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Milan won?t be a relegation side in EPL at all. We would comfortably be a top 7 contender

Teams like Westham and Leicester that competed for top 4 till the last day of the campaign are not teams that are ?far ahead? of us in quality at all. Last seasons Man Utd were better than us but they were not stratospherically ahead of us and they finished 2nd

It?s foolishness to say Milan would fight relegation in EPL. Stupid talk

We will not fight for relegation but we will never play Cl + we will be physically KOed.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Also, the whole agent thing that is going on in the football world right now just shows how money has ruined football.

Players like Kessie, Hakan and Donnarumma buys a service from an agency or in Donnas case, a fat cow, and the agencies work is to land the best deal for the player.

In Kessies case, Kessie might want to play for Milan for years to come. But he did hire an agency to get the best contract possible. Therefore, the agencies don't give a damn about the players loyalty as their main objective is to score the best contract whether it is in Milan or in Paris.

wait... what??? cmon man, are you really justifying kessie and saying he's at the mercy of his agent? lol. no. nobody is at the mercy of their agent, they can fire them, they can get a new one, they can even say fuck my agent i want to sign and can go sign. sorry but no.

i do however agree about agents as a whole and about money ruining the game, it's gone way too far and it's gross. a way to mitigate this is that they should have rules saying that you have to play a certain amount of players from your team's country and you need a certain amount on roster from youth system (and needs to be significant, not 1 or 2 since there are some rules already like this but are very light). that way only a handful of the players will have been bought on the team for ridiculous fees and not the entire 11 stacked.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just spent like 30 minutes calculating our matchday revenue for CL. Just for the Atletico game we will pocket around 4 m. Would've been 7-8 if SS was open at full capacity. 12 m in total if all games are sold out (likely).

Random Serie A game brings between 1.5 and 2 m

12 + 19 home games = ~ 45 m compared to 0 last season. And there's talk that SS will be open at 75% for Liverpool and if they do the same in Serie A, we will easily cross the 50 m mark.

Last edited:

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
wait... what??? cmon man, are you really justifying kessie and saying he's at the mercy of his agent? lol. no. nobody is at the mercy of their agent, they can fire them, they can get a new one, they can even say fuck my agent i want to sign and can go sign. sorry but no.

i do however agree about agents as a whole and about money ruining the game, it's gone way too far and it's gross. a way to mitigate this is that they should have rules saying that you have to play a certain amount of players from your team's country and you need a certain amount on roster from youth system (and needs to be significant, not 1 or 2 since there are some rules already like this but are very light). that way only a handful of the players will have been bought on the team for ridiculous fees and not the entire 11 stacked.

My point was that Kessie is greedy. He wants the highest possible salary and he wants to stay at Milan.

I don't belive that Kessie is demanding 8m a year. His agency thinks they can squeeze this amount out of Milan since his contract is expiring and since "Kessie is now holding the knife" as his pussy agent said to the media.

If Kessie wants to continue to be a fan favourite he should stop this saga and sign for a realistic salary. But he won't. I bet he has this mentality that "I'm focusing on my football, and my agent is focussing on my salary". But this has consequences for his status among the fans.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Commentary with Suma avaiable on Milans Facebook page. I love hearing his voice when we score goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule