The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Get rid of the poll?
Yes 13 4.94%
No 8 3.04%
Bennacer 21 7.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 19:43   #16221
Balo45
AC Milan Legend

I cannot believe that ~almost~ all of you don’t want Hakan. I get that nobody here can remember past 5 games, it shows that most want dalot who was ass for most of the season tbh. Remember against United we were desperate for Kalulu and rookie to start, go look at the match thread.

Like I keep saying, Hakan isn’t the hardest to replace but it makes it so much easier to extend him(it he accepts the wages) and just move that budget into a RW or whatever else. Hakan wasn’t at his peak during the stretch but stop lying and rewriting the narrative. We were better off when he was playing then when we missed him. Since last summer, which is a season and a half worth of games, he has been good for most of that, incredible for a good portion of it, and poor for a couple months.

Ideally we keep Hakan if it makes sense and they sign some talent to compete with him.
Old 03-06-2021, 19:44   #16222
Birsaforever
I hate Pink Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza AC Milan View Post
Did anybody watch Leao, Dalot and Diaz in action?
No but i think Leao was shit again because he was substituted at 64' minute by a very young player while still 0 - 0

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
zlatan and hakan AND tonali AND ibra are trash
Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen, Radiohead - The overrated frauds
Old 03-06-2021, 19:50   #16223
ROSSONERI7
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
Seems like he has a great attitude. The attitude of humility and hard work. Bodes well for his future.
specking of attitude.

just watched Leao (and Brahim & Dalot) in Spain v Portugal.

it was the same "swaggy stroll" on the field today ... then he got subbed out, same thing, going out on another side while sulking and throwing his arms around.

one of the most talented player we have had in a long time but damn...

at some point i thought Pioli had gotten to him, he was involved in the games for much longer periods...but it was just a phase of few games.

it's one thing to wait for one to unlock his talent...it's another thing when the holder of that talent seems so disinterested.

i highly rate Leao while i don't rate Tonali, but i'd be more inclined to be patient with Tonali than Leao if i was the coach.

rumours of Maldini maybe cashing in on Leao if the right offer arrives are starting to resonate as plausible to me.
whether Maldini is thinking about it or not...i'm sure he is at least starting to think "the talent is there, but the head is not there to make it flourish"
maybe another season in CL to raise the stock (while keeping a slight hope it's the year of his turnaround, mentally)

though, i won't be surprised if a sale happens....the "head" is very important to Maldini, as it should.

Signature
If we win 2020-2021, we'll win 2021-2022
Old 03-06-2021, 19:52   #16224
Birsaforever
I hate Pink Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balo45 View Post
I cannot believe that ~almost~ all of you don?t want Hakan. I get that nobody here can remember past 5 games, it shows that most want dalot who was ass for most of the season tbh. Remember against United we were desperate for Kalulu and rookie to start, go look at the match thread.

Like I keep saying, Hakan isn?t the hardest to replace but it makes it so much easier to extend him(it he accepts the wages) and just move that budget into a RW or whatever else. Hakan wasn?t at his peak during the stretch but stop lying and rewriting the narrative. We were better off when he was playing then when we missed him. Since last summer, which is a season and a half worth of games, he has been good for most of that, incredible for a good portion of it, and poor for a couple months.

Ideally we keep Hakan if it makes sense and they sign some talent to compete with him.
He did his best toward the end of his contract to earn a better new one and it's irrilevant to him if he gets it with us or elsewhere.

Once he gets it, he will be shit again.

Also, for the economical part, accepting Hakan requests could be worse than signing a new CAM.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
zlatan and hakan AND tonali AND ibra are trash
Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen, Radiohead - The overrated frauds
Old 03-06-2021, 19:56   #16225
Pingu
Pioli #1 Fan

Quote:
I cannot believe that ~almost~ all of you don?t want Hakan. I get that nobody here can remember past 5 games, it shows that most want dalot who was ass for most of the season tbh. Remember against United we were desperate for Kalulu and rookie to start, go look at the match thread.

Like I keep saying, Hakan isn?t the hardest to replace but it makes it so much easier to extend him(it he accepts the wages) and just move that budget into a RW or whatever else. Hakan wasn?t at his peak during the stretch but stop lying and rewriting the narrative. We were better off when he was playing then when we missed him. Since last summer, which is a season and a half worth of games, he has been good for most of that, incredible for a good portion of it, and poor for a couple months.

It's less that people don't want Hakan, and more that Maldini and co. have offered him a deal - and even bettered it with bonuses - but he isn't making his mind up even after securing CL. Instead, he goes into EURO 2020 not having made up his mind. You think management will wait around all month on a decision? No.

I'd be happy if Hakan will accept the offer made. But he isn't - that's the issue. He's asking for 6m+ apparently, and based on his overall performances since he joined, and even his patchy form this season, we won't break our wage structure for it. So he either accepts, or he walks for his 8m in Qatar, or goes to Juventus/whoever else will give him the 6m he wanted here.

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Old 03-06-2021, 20:00   #16226
MilanBG
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza AC Milan View Post
Did anybody watch Leao, Dalot and Diaz in action?
Leao was arguably the best player for Portugal in offense. Made like 3-4 very good runs and was denied a penalty. Kind of soft, but quite possible to be whistled. Actually, a typical Leao game. Some great plays, then turns himself off for 10 minutes. No idea why he was subbed.

Brahim was ok. Nothing very impressive, but had some good plays. Almost scored on 2 occasions. The more I watch him the more I want him to be our player. He is very useful against low blocks. Can beat him man out of nowhere which can unlock the whole defense.

Dalot with an average display IMO. Bryan Gil destroyed him a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birsaforever View Post
No but i think Leao was shit again because he was substituted at 64' minute by a very young player while still 0 - 0
Nope. If it wasn't for him, they wouldn't have reached the box of Spain. Drove to the flank a lot and destroyed Mingueza (the future of Barcelona ) a few times but did not record an assist because they did not have an adequate CF. He needed a classic CF in the box, instead he was playing with a donkey from Monza Leao beats him man and then has nobody to pass to because this guy is outside of the box U21 football is funny

Signature
Top 4
Old 03-06-2021, 20:00   #16227
brk
AC Milan Icon

Quote:

I think most of us want Hakan to stay. The problem is if he keeps insisting on 5m+ then that will start an unsustainable wage inflation in the squad.
Old 03-06-2021, 20:00   #16228
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
you barely beat denmark. remember you won in penalties.

Shots fired
Old 03-06-2021, 20:01   #16229
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Quote:

Do u want Hakan on a 5,5 M contract when hes in his 30s?

I sure do not
Old 03-06-2021, 20:09   #16230
Balo45
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neruda View Post
Do u want Hakan on a 5,5 M contract when hes in his 30s?

I sure do not
No I don?t, I said only if it makes sense. Meaning he accepts what he will get from the club.

The only thing is, I get why he and his agent would want to wait some. He does have the euros and even if we don?t think so his stock is higher than it?s been for the last couple years, Milan had a good season. Luckily Maldini and them are smart and know we cannot wait, and we did qualify for CL which is something I?m sure he was waiting to see.

In the last couple days they reached out and gave an ultimatum, smart thing to put the pressure on him. We don?t know if he will take it or not
Old 03-06-2021, 20:11   #16231
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
you barely beat denmark. remember you won in penalties.
Still won

Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Old 03-06-2021, 20:13   #16232
Polotelli
#vivoazzurro

Quote:

We don't need a player that doesn't really want to be here

Hakan can be our saviour but also the one that is holding us back, if that makes sense

so no, it's not that bad if we lose him
Old 03-06-2021, 20:14   #16233
stevan
AC Milan Legend

Bayern Munich are offering €80M for Sa?l Niguez. Atl?tico will replace him with Rodrigo de Paul for €40M, beating Juventus, Milan & Leeds to his signature.

Signature
Old 03-06-2021, 20:16   #16234
Master Smurf
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
I think most of us want Hakan to stay. The problem is if he keeps insisting on 5m+ then that will start an unsustainable wage inflation in the squad.
That seems a stretch. I would think its more like Balo said.

I think many want an upgrade - If one can be bought great because new and shiny is always preferred but if Hakan returned to 2020 post lockdown form thats also great.

Personally I just dont think he is that good and I'm firmly in the jettison camp - mentally and technically he isnt good enough in my book. But setpieces yes, all day everyday.... but even that has a caveat - his direct freekicks didnt live up to billing.
Old 03-06-2021, 20:20   #16235
milanator
AC Milan Legend

Hakan for 4m+0,5m is just ok imo, if it goes towards 6m we might as well pay a medium/high transfer fee.
Old 03-06-2021, 20:31   #16236
Ryo
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Kaka Billy George Marco Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
Marca: Brahim Diaz is not in the plans of Carlo Ancelotti for next season. Milan wants to keep the player for next season! https://t.co/1Y160eWKRg

Welcome back Brahim
You mean thank you Uncle Carlo

Take him on loan with option to buy. I'm okay with that.
Old 03-06-2021, 20:33   #16237
Forza AC Milan
AC Milan Legend

Quote:

I would keep Hakan and get a competitor for him to force him to up his game. He is used to Pioli's tactics now and the coach likes him.

Even if we get another player like RDP (who is very expensive) we should keep both.

If Hakan signs the offer lets go get a top notch RW. Same first 11 (minus Donna plus a real RW and better depth would make us compete for Scudetto)
Old 03-06-2021, 20:33   #16238
Meez
Fly on Maldini's wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
Yeah, exactly this. I would like Hakan to stay but it has to be at an appropriate price range.

He obviously values himself and/or his skills more than scouts do. You don't see other CL teams jumping in to offer him 5-6m per year. They could, he will be a free agent, but they aren't. They still might, I don't know, but they aren't biting now. It's why Hakan wants to wait to try to showcase his skills to get a higher salary.

Secondly, for the salary he's asking, are there better options? Our GK situation was the perfect example. Dollarumma? Good GK but not worth 8-10m. Mike M? Incredible signing at 2.5m + bonuses. Mike M was not only an astute business deal but the guy is an incredible GK, and for me & others an upgrade over Dollarumma with all things considered.

Third, AC Milan has a lot of positions to fill or improve on and the money available needs to be spent judiciously. Getting top 4 again in Serie A is not automatic and Milan needs to have enough players available and prepared for the campaign ahead.

Fourth, Maldini said it the best. Milan will not get involved in auctions. Plain and simple. Maldini was already the GOAT on the field, now he's the supreme GOAT in the mgmt boardroom. Kudos to him. Damn. We're lucky as shit he came back.
Old 03-06-2021, 20:34   #16239
Samaldinho
AC Milan Icon

Hakan with a pretty nasty back-heel assist for Turkey.

I'd take Kamada over De Paul.
Old 03-06-2021, 20:37   #16240
Hitchens
Right when it matters

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingu View Post
it's less that people don't want hakan, and more that maldini and co. Have offered him a deal - and even bettered it with bonuses - but he isn't making his mind up even after securing cl. Instead, he goes into euro 2020 not having made up his mind. You think management will wait around all month on a decision? No.

I'd be happy if hakan will accept the offer made. But he isn't - that's the issue. He's asking for 6m+ apparently, and based on his overall performances since he joined, and even his patchy form this season, we won't break our wage structure for it. So he either accepts, or he walks for his 8m in qatar, or goes to juventus/whoever else will give him the 6m he wanted here.
100%.

Signature
Closed Thread