Week 38: Atalanta vs Milan 23/05/2021 18:00 CEST

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
As mods you decide yourselves if you let this silliness play out :D

I'll do what any self-respecting Serie A club president does: reject their resignation and sack them later myself.

No, but seriously, this place would suck without those 3. We will reach an understanding.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Allow me... saves me from posting this on Sunday evening.

3vxb1g.jpg

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'll do what any self-respecting Serie A club president does: reject their resignation and sack them later myself.

No, but seriously, this place would suck without those 3. We will reach an understanding.

Just curious, wot happened to the money Andrei took off jen... did he share it with other mods?

jen is a fool, had it been me, I wudve told him to keep half and spend half on improving the forum a little.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Juve needs to lose. Believe in the power of Mihailovic.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali

Atalanta seems to line up with their strongest first 11. Calm down, Gasperini ffs.

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali
Gasp: 'We are not responsible for the fate of others'

Atalanta can be decisive in the top-four battle on Sunday and Gian Piero Gasperini stressed his men 'will play for second' in Serie A.

After the 2-1 defeat to Juventus in the Coppa Italia Final on Wednesday, Gasperini?s men focus on finishing the championship with a home game against Milan on Sunday.

The Bianconeri sit fifth, one point behind the Milan and Napoli in the top four, and Gasperini admitted everyone are looking at the Orobici to do them a favour.

?They all try to pull us by the jacket for this match,? Gasperini told the club?s official website. ?We have always done our duty, we are not responsible for the fate of others, everyone is responsible for their own.

?We have scored points and we will play for the second place, knowing however, that we have reached our target.?

I find the last quote very interesting. He clearly says that the are fighting for the second spot in the league, but he also admits that they have reached their target.

Also, he admits that "they all" are trying to pull them by the jacket for this match. Either Maldini innocently tried to man flirt with Gasp (nothing wrong with this), or Agnelli has tried to bribe him (which would be the biggest scandal of all time).. :D

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Agnelli doesnt have to do anything. I told you before that that club hates us and see us as rivals.

You can blame our mediocrity for that

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
It's do or die this time

Forza Milan

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Just curious, wot happened to the money Andrei took off jen... did he share it with other mods?

jen is a fool, had it been me, I wudve told him to keep half and spend half on improving the forum a little.

I genuinely don't know what you're talking about.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
It's almost like you're trying to get us all to accept that you're a tough guy. We get it, you're actually Vegeta. Now just calm down and act normal ffs :rolleyes:
What is a vegeta?

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Should get crazy for this game, pack the mid and change formations to either:

4-3-1-2 (Pack the mid)

-------Rebic---Diaz/Leao--
----------Hakan------------
----Kessie----Bennacer----
-----------Tonali------------
Theo--Tomo---Kjaer--Calab
----------Donna-------------

3-4-1-2 (Unleash The Theo)

--------Rebic----Diaz/Leao------
-------------Hakan---------------
Theo-----------------------Calab
--------Kessie---Benna---------
---Roma----Kjaer----Tomo-------
---------Donnarumma-----------

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Agnelli doesnt have to do anything. I told you before that that club hates us and see us as rivals.

You can blame our mediocrity for that

For those who want some context to why atalanta are considered rivals.

Atalanta are also part of the Lombardy region. It's Milans metropolitan area. Atalanta being a province and milan the capital. The history between the two dates back centuries to when both were duchys and were contested by french and holy Roman empire. Both were part of the alliance, the Lombard league which fought against holy Roman influence and was supported by the pope.Though I won't get too far in depth. Through the history of both cities many houses(families) were feuding over titles and eventually unified under the kingdom of Italy.

Last edited:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

jen doesnt have money
i thought you would have figured it out by now

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
jen doesnt have money
i thought you would have figured it out by now

Youve been helping him on the market and crypto stuff... I thought he might have made 500$ to name a thread.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Youve been helping him on the market and crypto stuff... I thought he might have made 500$ to name a thread.

I dont think he needs my help or needs to pay 500$ to name a thread.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I have the money

But.. damn, VB...

You are killin me :lol:

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes

i actually bought a lambo
Was gonna improve the forum w the rest but i chose to buy a charger instead
can't have my phone dying on me mid trip

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our last games against Atalanta:

Hakan - Leao - Suso
Bona - Bennacer - Kessie
RicRod/Calabria - Romagnoli - Musacchio - Conti
Donna​

Failed high press due to 2 cheaters at the front(Leao, Suso), which opened up space for Atalanta to exploit with very little effort.
Wantaway RicRod was forced to start due to Theo's suspension, and he looked just as rusty and uninspiring as you'd expect him to be. But things got really bad after HT, when he was replaced by an off form and out-of-position Calabria who tried to be Theo, the attacking force, but ended up looking like Theo, the drunk.
0-5

Ibra
Rebic - Hakan - Saelemaekers
Biglia - Kessie
Laxalt - Gabbia - Kjaer - Calabria
Donna​

The most solid display against Atalanta under Pioli, even though injuries and suspensions forced a lot of changes in the lineup. Laxalt kept Hateboer in check.
Ibra bullied Caldara all night and his aerial dominance saved the players at the back out of a lot of trouble. Biglia still managed to be a complete disaster, causing a PK which Atalanta missed. Krunic was a slight improvement.
1-1

Ibra
Leao - Meite/Diaz - Samu
Kessie - Tonali
Theo - Kalulu - Kjaer - Calabria
Donna​

Leao had a good first 10 mins, but him and Ibra spent the rest of the time as passengers.
Atalanta looked beatable in the first half, but the Meite CAM experiment failed miserably and the front 4 was a mess in both phases. The long balls to Ibra tactic wasn't as effective without Caldara's help - and this time Atalanta had prepared for them. Sometimes the balls reached Ibra, but he was dispossessed before he had made up his mind.
Kalulu was mostly good, but when he made mistakes it lead to goals. Then he got injured and replaced by Musacchio.
Kessie had a bad game - Tonali did his best but it was still mediocre.
Theo was his usual 2021 self.
0-3

What to take from this?
We need to make sure the high press works, if it's implemented.
No passengers. No unfit players. No unnecessary experiments. No Leao-Ibra-Theo combination.

Also, previously we've been very unlucky because the absences forced Pioli into fielding unusual or entirely new CB duos, back 4s, midfield duos, front 4s. If I recall correctly, that was Kjaer and Gabbia's first start together. Calabria only got the start due to Conti's injury. Then there's Kalulu, Musacchio, RicRod, LB Calabria, Laxalt, Tonali, Biglia....Atalanta have been lucky to face us in our least stable moments. They were cohesive, we were disjointed and that made the biggest difference in the 3-0 loss.
We're more fortunate this time. Pioli could field the same lineup from Torino and Cagliari. And I hope he does. This is the game where we need Rebic to spearhead the attack, the game where we need wide midfielders, like Hakan and Saele, instead of wing-forwards.
If Diaz and Theo do well individually then I'm certain that we'll walk out of here with 3 points and CL qualificaiton.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dont laugh, dont giggle@jen... the shame here is yrs! If you claim to do or to be... back it up with action.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i actually bought a lambo
Was gonna improve the forum w the rest but i chose to buy a charger instead
can't have my phone dying on me mid trip

I understand completely... bastard iphone making you buy the charger separate.

Can I borrow the car sumtime?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Unless its in one of those vibrant colours... then, er, no ty.

Schedule