Champions league final: AC Milan v Juventus!!

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
Many memories. Rui Costa's disallowed goal, Inzaghi's header hitting the post come to mind. Gattuso running like crazy in extra time. I think even Roque Junior played his part if I recall correctly. Dida! :thumbsup:

Didn't he get injured but stayed on :proud::proud::star:

Blade of Faith

A New Hope
Reaction score
This is the best Cl Final match I've ever seen. Cause it's a the biggest match between the biggest team in Italy.
I don't know but I'm sure that Day, Maldini will lifted up the trophy.

And yesssss the haters gonna hate again!!!
:fp:

Last edited:

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
i guess i was just 13 when this match took place, one of my earliest and still most fav memory of milan particularly because Shevchenko is my favourite footballer and it was his penalty that won us that game. SHEVA :proud::star::star::star:

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
sheva dida :proud:
the best final ever!

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Many memories. Rui Costa's disallowed goal, Inzaghi's header hitting the post come to mind. Gattuso running like crazy in extra time. I think even Roque Junior played his part if I recall correctly. Dida! :thumbsup:

You mean Sheva's disallowed goal?

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Didn't he get injured but stayed on :proud::proud::star:

Yeah, he could barely walk, but he still stayed on the pitch. Gotta remember Buffon's save on Pippo's superb header as well. One of the best saves I've seen in a CL final.

But ofcourse, Sheva looking over on the referee and then sealing the deal is one of the greatest moments.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
On this day 8 years ago :star: :proud:

I was 13/14 years old waiting for Sheva penalty curled into my Weah jersey.
When I saw Sheva step up I just knew he will score... sent Buffon one way and ball the other.

WAAAAOOOOOOW :star: :star: :star:

:)

I wanted to bump it yesterday but felt to post in history thread & so I did!
But nice somebody bumped it afterall. :D:)

I was so up for that night, watched Sheva scoring goal but got disallowed :( and than Gigi making a great shave of Pippo's shot on touchline soon after.

Watched till 120 mins but was so tensed to watch penalties (specially after '94 WC & '98 WC involving Italy, golden goals in Euro '00 & fcuking '02 WC loss ), dint like them at all so went to sleep :D and got to know about our win next day on news and watched again later that afternoon entire recorded match, was fun. :D

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
I was about 10.. My brother watched it upstairs and I watched it downstairs. He supports Juve. Imagine what he felt like hearing me cheer when Shev scored. Sheva and Dida celebration was classy.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Dida Nesta Sheva Maldini... Milan. :proud:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Thanks for bumping this thread, gonna read through it when I have time.

This game is very special to me because it's the only season that I wasn't able to follow Milan since I became a supporter around 1994.

02/03 I was doing my military service and saw only about 10-15 games the whole season... but the cl final was just when my service ended so I knew I was going to be able to watch it, so all season I was hoping for Milan to get there. The moment when Sheva scored and ran to Dida is something that no Milan fan will ever forget :proud:

I was 20 years old back then... man I feel OLD! :lol:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago

Fiero

Reaction score
This game :proud: :star:

It just happened that I was wearing my fake Rivaldo Milan shirt and opened the tv to catch the penalty shoot-out. Who could forget Sheva's penalty? He kept looking left, then to Buffon, then left, then to Buffon, then left, then bam, sends Buffon to the wrong side, campioni d'europa!

I remember those days, I used to play football by myself all day pretending to be Inzaghi. :D

Vecchio Ultra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Ambrosini - Boban - Savicevic - Dessailly - MVB - Costacurta - Bierhoff
That was one penalty shootout that I had almost multiple heart-attacks

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I watched this game on a bar (the same place I watched almost every Milan UCL game for two season till the defeat against Deportivo). There was some Gobbis around, but they were very friendly people. I was incredible nervous on the PK's. I just hold my glass of beer all the time (or maybe the beer was holding me lol) like paralized, I could not even drink, untill Sheva scored. It was a bit pathetic, but whatever...

It was a dull and boring game for outsiders. Extra caution from Lippi and Carlo. Defensive, tense, very few goals chances or attacking or flair. Also, these defenses where two or three levels above everyone else in football those days.

Dida was a total hero in this game (and in almost every PK decision he was part on his career btw) cold and solid as a rock. One of the best penalty stoppers I've ever seem. Gattuso was just his normal warrior self in big games.

BTW the penalty from Seedorf that Buffon stopped was amazing. Seedorf took it well, but Buffon was just too agile. Kaladze was the only bad taker from Milan.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Yeah. Rui Costa was the one that was allegedly offside there.
Wasn't there like 4 our players in passive offside? :lol: Stupid people used the number four like it was an argument :o Markus Merk :head:

We had an extended table at a pub that day. And once Sheva scored that disallowed goal I jumped so a lot of beer was spilled.

I kept this lousy quality video(it was so special back in the day):

Maybe I'll watch this game tonight :proud:

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
@ Jasper, brilliant video, slightly poor quality as you said but fantastic editing, just sums it all up for me.

There was a 10 minute long video of the shootout in black and white with some striking music, I've searched high and low for it, seems to have disappeared, that was so very evocative for me.

kriegpaolo_23

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Ambrosini, Nesta, T.Silva
Wasn't there like 4 our players in passive offside? :lol: Stupid people used the number four like it was an argument :o Markus Merk :head:

We had an extended table at a pub that day. And once Sheva scored that disallowed goal I jumped so a lot of beer was spilled.

I kept this lousy quality video(it was so special back in the day):

Maybe I'll watch this game tonight :proud:

Rui Costa and Inzaghi were in offside position, I think back then that although you are not involved in the play but if you are in offside position then the goal is disallowed. Some others say that the goal was disallowed because Rui Costa obstructed Buffon's view.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Shevchenko's goal should've stood. Besides, Montero did a handball regardless so it should've been a PK at worst.

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
the requiem for a dream souindtracked vid that gets jacked a lot, i think (better to save) - https://twitter.com/sports_ua/status/1398233498813710337

cc: Epic Pics thread
E2eA1TbWUAAYNya

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Thanks for bumping this thread, gonna read through it when I have time.

This game is very special to me because it's the only season that I wasn't able to follow Milan since I became a supporter around 1994.

02/03 I was doing my military service and saw only about 10-15 games the whole season... but the cl final was just when my service ended so I knew I was going to be able to watch it, so all season I was hoping for Milan to get there. The moment when Sheva scored and ran to Dida is something that no Milan fan will ever forget :proud:

I was 20 years old back then... man I feel OLD! :lol:

Damn... I felt old then? :lol::fp:

Wrote that 10 years ago... Fucking hell

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I saw this game live, it was one of the best days of my life.. I arrived at the stadium 5 minutes before kick off and both sets of fans had their choreography on display it was like a fantasy. I had a French exam the same morning of the match and I flew all the way to England and then to Manchester and thank the good lord that Milan won the match.

It was the greatest period of my life, the victory was made sweeter when you recall the path we took to reach the final, we had some tough matches vs the likes of Bayern, Dortmund, Real Madrid, Depor.. I was still a teenager but all I could think about those years were AC Milan and how they were returning to greatness. I even remember the summer of 2002 I was at a friend's basement on a holiday and I spent all day refreshing the predecessor to goal.com (forgot the name) to see if Milan were going to sign anyone and that was the season they bought Rivaldo and Nesta on deadline day.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
I saw this game live, it was one of the best days of my life.. I arrived at the stadium 5 minutes before kick off and both sets of fans had their choreography on display it was like a fantasy. I had a French exam the same morning of the match and I flew all the way to England and then to Manchester and thank the good lord that Milan won the match.

It was the greatest period of my life, the victory was made sweeter when you recall the path we took to reach the final, we had some tough matches vs the likes of Bayern, Dortmund, Real Madrid, Depor.. I was still a teenager but all I could think about those years were AC Milan and how they were returning to greatness. I even remember the summer of 2002 I was at a friend's basement on a holiday and I spent all day refreshing the predecessor to goal.com (forgot the name) to see if Milan were going to sign anyone and that was the season they bought Rivaldo and Nesta on deadline day.

Am jealous you got to watch this live in person.

This was a great Milan team - I watched and taped the CL matches on VHS. I can't believe I don't have those anymore.

For the final I remember walking back home from uni that evening to watch the match on my own as most of my close friends were predictably EPL fans and I just wanted some peace and quiet.

I bumped into an acquaintance I played football with and since he was an AC Milan fan who was also looking for a calm place to watch, we went back to my place, ordered Domino's Pizza and watched it on my tiny 14 inch TV.

We should have won in normal time but penalties made for a nail biting finale. Having grown up on the highs of the all-conquering Dutch trio Milan and then Capello's Milan and the lows of the wilderness years it was a great feeling to be back on top of the world where we truly belonged.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Am jealous you got to watch this live in person.

This was a great Milan team - I watched and taped the CL matches on VHS. I can't believe I don't have those anymore.

For the final I remember walking back home from uni that evening to watch the match on my own as most of my close friends were predictably EPL fans and I just wanted some peace and quiet.

I bumped into an acquaintance I played football with and since he was an AC Milan fan who was also looking for a calm place to watch, we went back to my place, ordered Domino's Pizza and watched it on my tiny 14 inch TV.

We should have won in normal time but penalties made for a nail biting finale. Having grown up on the highs of the all-conquering Dutch trio Milan and then Capello's Milan and the lows of the wilderness years it was a great feeling to be back on top of the world where we truly belonged.
I still can't believe I got to attend the match, it was a gift from my aunt who is an incredibly kind person, she knows how to make things happen.

I can understand the feeling when you say there were few Milanistas around as that has been the story of my life even when Milan were kings of football it always seemed to me that the most popular teams were Madrid and United. However, that made it special for me to be "the true fan of good football", I felt like I was a flag bearer of AC Milan at school and that was a time when football coverage was a lot more limited than it is today and people used to come up to me to know the results of matches.

I am actually so proud that one of the first things people identify me with is AC Milan and I've come to form a respectful bond with people who like the club, so even when I play pick up games, if someone has a Milan top on then I recognize that he can't be a bad player (at least he understands football is my logic) and for the most part that is true.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Wait

So this CL winning match thread in 2003 finished with 3-4 pages and no one posted during the match? Seems like match build up posts and then celebration posts?

Wtf?

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Tonight, is the niiiiiiiiiiiiiight, when 5 becomes 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

FORZA MILAN!

MILAN! MILAN! MILAN!

I totally lack inspiration and I'm sure you all understand me. I'm half paralised now.

FORZA MILAN! :devil:

cd7.gif

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
I still can't believe I got to attend the match, it was a gift from my aunt who is an incredibly kind person, she knows how to make things happen.

I can understand the feeling when you say there were few Milanistas around as that has been the story of my life even when Milan were kings of football it always seemed to me that the most popular teams were Madrid and United. However, that made it special for me to be "the true fan of good football", I felt like I was a flag bearer of AC Milan at school and that was a time when football coverage was a lot more limited than it is today and people used to come up to me to know the results of matches.

I am actually so proud that one of the first things people identify me with is AC Milan and I've come to form a respectful bond with people who like the club, so even when I play pick up games, if someone has a Milan top on then I recognize that he can't be a bad player (at least he understands football is my logic) and for the most part that is true.

That's sweet of your aunt. :)

Yes those days were horrible. It is kind of the same now except I guess since I am older I tolerate it better or maybe just accepted things. I remember back in was it 1999 - I think our first season back in CL when we played Chelsea in the group matches, my friends and even the TV commentators were rooting for Chelsea and I was exasperated that they are not even in the same league in terms of prestige. It was hard watching us draw both group matches with them. And in 2000 Leeds winning their home fixture and drawing at San Siro was just so frustrating.

And you're definitely right on the other point - being an AC Milan fan is an excellent indication of taste and of good football. :D

Schedule