Week 28: Fiorentina vs AC Milan 21/03/2021 18:00 CET

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Thats the thing in England - for the money teams they just overload and swap out players like flavour of the month so certain players dont get to develop fully and good players get pushed off to lower clubs quickly then when the shiny new toy starts making similar mistakes the merry go round continues to spin.

Its why I said that he wouldnt really stand out at most teams there because they actually devalue the players by making fans believe they are all interchangeable.

Yep..but delusional Chelsea fans are still saying "he's got the last word, I think he would rather come back to his youth academy club" yaddi yadda..if we decide to exercise the option I dont think there's any doubt that Tomori will say yes to staying here

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
I dont think theres even a slight doubt that Tomori is staying at Milan. You can see how much he is integrated into the team already when you see how he celebrates with his teammates.

Also , which defender can say no to Paolo. They will just melt and bend over. :proud:

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
I dont think theres even a slight doubt that Tomori is staying at Milan. You can see how much he is integrated into the team already when you see how he celebrates with his teammates.

Also , which defender can say no to Paolo. They will just melt and bend over. :proud:

The professional and footballing sensibilities lead to a yes for his permanently move.

But let?s not forget he is an Englishman who may still have personal and social ties in London that he may need to contemplate before moving his entire life to a new country that he is still only learning the language and customs. Plus you can be certain that Chelsea has his number and can easily reach out to him an improved contract offer. He is still their player at this stage.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
The professional and footballing sensibilities lead to a yes for his permanently move.

But let?s not forget he is an Englishman who may still have personal and social ties in London that he may need to contemplate before moving his entire life to a new country that he is still only learning the language and customs. Plus you can be certain that Chelsea has his number and can easily reach out to him an improved contract offer. He is still their player at this stage.

If we start using personal and social ties as reasons, then players won't leave their own respective country to play football

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Thats the thing in England - for the money teams they just overload and swap out players like flavour of the month so certain players dont get to develop fully and good players get pushed off to lower clubs quickly then when the shiny new toy starts making similar mistakes the merry go round continues to spin.

Its why I said that he wouldnt really stand out at most teams there because they actually devalue the players by making fans believe they are all interchangeable.

It?s a very big part of Chelsea?s business model loaning out tons of homegrown talent and selling players for big profit even though they?ve never even set foot on the Bridge. And even though they?ve made some huge mistakes in the past by letting go of players too early (i.e. De Bruyne and Salah) this model is one I wouldn?t mind copied by Gazidis & Co. in the future.

What you?re describing is actually not far from the mentality of RnB. Let?s not forget that Romagnoli has been fan favorite #1 since his arrival at the club.
I?ve seen him described as world class numerous times... He never deserved the amounts of praise he got, just like he doesn?t deserve the shit he?s getting now.
Tomori brings something very different and much needed to the team, and he has rightfully earned a starting spot in the team. That being said I?m happy if Maldini sees out the rest of season before making any final decisions

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Rage - > Cheer - > Rage --> Cheer

repeat for ? 90 minutes.

Brilliant game though :D

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
If we start using personal and social ties as reasons, then players won't leave their own respective country to play football

Well it has been widely publicised that angel de Maria never adapted to life in Manchester which was a key reason he put in a transfer request which was duly granted. There?s always the human element to consider on why players can be unsettled.

I hope tomori signs tho. He has been immense for us.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Well it has been widely publicised that angel de Maria never adapted to life in Manchester which was a key reason he put in a transfer request which was duly granted. There?s always the human element to consider on why players can be unsettled.

I hope tomori signs tho. He has been immense for us.

Apparently it was because he had a house break-in that shook him and his family up. They were talking about it when the PSG players got also broken into (of which Di Maria was one).

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Little burglaries dont make players change clubs. Guy didnt fit in well with the group and LVG didnt make things any easier on the pitch.

More than everything his missus hated Mcr.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tomori was born Canadian.

Yeah his family lives England, he has a contract with Chelsea, he plays for England national team.

But he is still a Canadian immigrant in England. I do not think he has that big of a feeling of being an Englishman. The guy is just a professional footballer who really knows what is best for his career.

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
tomori was born canadian.

Yeah his family lives england, he has a contract with chelsea, he plays for england national team.

But he is still a canadian immigrant in england. I do not think he has that big of a feeling of being an englishman. The guy is just a professional footballer who really knows what is best for his career.

facts!!!!

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Oh, feck... this much worse... guy is a light American.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Yeah his family lives England, he has a contract with Chelsea, he plays for England national team.

But he is still a Canadian immigrant in England. I do not think he has that big of a feeling of being an Englishman. The guy is just a professional footballer who really knows what is best for his career.

That's a really good point

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score

He moved to England as a toddler, chances are he feels more English than Canadian. But I too think that at this moment he?s gonna want to make his stay at Milan permanent. It seems like the best option for all parties involved considering Chelsea?s near perfect defensive record since Tuchel came in

Schedule