Week 38: Atalanta vs Milan 23/05/2021 18:00 CEST

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Atalanta are a better team than us. They are the 2nd best team in Serie A this season behind Inter. They destroyed us at home and could have won 7-0. We were shambolic.

We could win this game but then again I could also win the lottery 3 times before this game takes place. Let's be realistic winning in Bergamo will be a miracle.

I have absolutely no faith in the majority of these players. They are as soft as pig shit.

Besides us winning, Napoli or Juve chocking could be our way into CL.

I know it's a long shot, but we did surprise everyone by chocking last week. :lol:

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Those miserable half hour pen at rio ave can't compare to the wait for this weekend. This match will be our reborn or permanent death

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Yes.

However, if you read the posts above, they want to finish 2nd for the first time in their history.

HOWEVER, they HATE juventus.

Only God knows what will happen.

Another 6 days with anxiety and depression.

They hate us more than juventus

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Everyone in Italy hates the corrupt pigs more than any other big club. It’s a fact.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
We'll get CL, if not by winning vs Atalanta then by Napoli or Ladri choking

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
We'll get CL, if not by winning vs Atalanta then by Napoli or Ladri choking

I'm hoping for the former because the only club I expect to choke on recent experience is us :cry:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
do or die now.

fuck atalanta, lets wreck them

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
This game is literally our CL final lol.

On a positive note, 7 points from the last 3 matches is a pretty good result and more than most fans expected.
That Juve win raised our expectations a bit.

10 from the last 4.

Just sucks the draw came when it did.

This game is winnable. But if they play with the same nervousness as yesterday, forget about it.

FuturisticMilan

Primavera
Reaction score
And now the italian dicksucking corrupt league have postponed our game against Atalanta to 20:45 from 19:30 ... so sick and tired of this. Just play the game early so we can breathe the other half of the day

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Last time we went until the last fixture we beat Spal but other results were not good for us. Now we have everything in our hands but a 100x better opponent. I honestly see Napoli failing rather than jube..

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
giphy.gif

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
We had the chance to build our squad in the winter market to cover injuries and have a good chance for the scudetto. Instead we bought fucking Mandzukic and Meite. I believe this is where we lost it.

Yes! For other clubs winter market is a chance to give themselves a boost but for us the winter market was a detriment.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I am optimistic for 5 reasons:

1. Our away form
2. Atalanta are not going to defend like Cagliari so more spaces to exploit for us
3. Atalanta has not won Coppa Italia for at least the last 55+ years, they are going all out for this on Wednesday evening given the below
4. They have already secured CL spot
5. We will be more fresh and they will be more fatigued

We just need to have a similar attitude we had against Juve and we are good, I still believe.

Thanks for this - these embers may help me get in the right frame for the rest of the week.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Yes.

However, if you read the posts above, they want to finish 2nd for the first time in their history.

HOWEVER, they HATE juventus.

Only God knows what will happen.

Another 6 days with anxiety and depression.

Let's hope the Coppa Italia Final goes to extra time on Wednesday and they exploit a lot of their energy into that.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
i hope jube tears a couple of assholes in the atalanta squad on Wednesday

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not even after what Agnelli said last season?

What did he say?
? but did you also see what their fans said after they beat us 3-0 few months ago

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
What did he say?
? but did you also see what their fans said after they beat us 3-0 few months ago

"Juventus President Andrea Agnelli caused controversy by suggesting Atalanta shouldn't have access to the Champions League without international history and thanks to just one great season."

sauce - https://www.football-italia.net/150852/agnelli-should-atalanta-be-champions-league

Honestly, Juve has as much chance of messing up their game against Bologna as we do given the form of all the teams, the entire context.

We can remain hopeful:)

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
I am optimistic for 5 reasons:

1. Our away form
2. Atalanta are not going to defend like Cagliari so more spaces to exploit for us
3. Atalanta has not won Coppa Italia for at least the last 55+ years, they are going all out for this on Wednesday evening given the below
4. They have already secured CL spot
5. We will be more fresh and they will be more fatigued

We just need to have a similar attitude we had against Juve and we are good, I still believe.

1. Somehow this is true, even tho i'm not convinced, as there is no specific reason why our away form is so much better than our home form. As a matter of fact, it doesn't even make any sense. Especially with no audience allowed.
2. The times Cagliari broke out, they were almost always dangerous. Some miracle-saves by Donna kept us alive. I don't know whether I prefer a team that is parking the bus against us, or one that is actually very dangerous in attack. We looked vulnerable on both occasions.
3. There is a 4 day-gap between both games and we're talking about topsporters here.. They sure can handle two games in a week one last time.
4. Cagliari was also sure to stay in Serie A. They literally had nothing to fight for, while Atalanta actually has a few millions to gain by finishing as high as possible.
5. Look at point 3. This fatigue-thing is so overrated on this forum. There are clubs who play for months and months two games per week. Even when Atalanta was playing CL against Real during midweek, they looked amazing in the weekend. I often read on this forum: "our players look/are tired." Then I always wonder: tired of what? Most individuals of our starting line-up missed 25-30% of the games this season, and next to that, we had a rather easy EL campaign until ManU.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If only we had Ibra, I wouldn't be scared of Atalanta.

Really?
He was there(barely) the last time we got destroyed by Atalanta.
One of too many passengers that night.

The lack of passengers is the reason I'm more optimistic this time.

We had Suso and Leao for the 0-5.
Ibra and Leao in the 0-3.
An unusual CB pair in Kalulu-Kjaer, which ended with another unusual CB pair in Musacchio-Kjaer after Kalulu's injury.
The failed Meite CAM experiment.
Calabria at LB.

This time we could field a balanced XI(as balanced as it could get with Theo).
An XI that also started the previous games together.
This is the type of game where we need someone like Rebic up front.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Now the entire ship went straight to hell.

Our midfield will have to be playing the best football in the world this day.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
I can see us drawing this game. Consider that a favour from them. They will stay 2nd that way, then our fate is up to other results. Hang in there people :)

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I hate this match even before it's started

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I accept. So far you and Raz have stepped up to make the bet.

Draw kicks us all out

Thats fucked up man.
I was probably the one who invented this bet thingy in this forum years ago but the stake was a sig or things for giggles & fucking around.
Permaban a brother for a bet ?!!!!

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
My belief is growing! We're strong away and this game will be more open than what made us struggle vs Cagliari. In my mind we're also at a better place defensively than we were last time vs Atalanta.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Please let iZ have team talk before the game

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

FuturisticMilan

Primavera
Reaction score
I can see us drawing this game. Consider that a favour from them. They will stay 2nd that way, then our fate is up to other results. Hang in there people :)

If Atalanta draws and Napoli win then Atalanta and Napoli will end up at 79 points. Napoli has better head to head goal difference so Napoli will end up at second place and Atalanta third place. So Atalanta will do everything to win the game.

Schedule