Official: Pierre Kalulu Thread

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
I dream of having a rocket speed CB...

Its a cheat code really.

Still remember how good TSilva was simply because he was such an athlete.

In an ideal dream world Kalulu goes out on loan to Pippo's side and gains experience to become WC and return to take over from Kjaer :proud:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
For having hardly played any professional football that was really good. He looks more like a CB than a FB.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I was so impressed with his performance. He got caught out on a couple of occasions, but showed real promise.

- Quick, fast, and very good in the air
- Very good passing both short and long range, competent on the ball, and like how he moves off the ball or after hitting a pass

I think he needs to get bigger to play CB in Serie A, but the talent that causes Milan to sign him was on full display.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Kalulu has the kind of calmness that you normally see in veterans. Kid is rock solid at 20 in his first professional game. Really good mentality, very professional and assured. I think with his physical abillities and mental strength he could become an equally good central defender or right-back. My prediction is Kalulu will take Calabria?s spot eventually sometime next season.

bola

Primavera
Reaction score
Kalulu has the kind of calmness that you normally see in veterans. Kid is rock solid at 20 in his first professional game. Really good mentality, very professional and assured. I think with his physical abillities and mental strength he could become an equally good central defender or right-back. My prediction is Kalulu will take Calabria?s spot eventually sometime next season.
Have you seen him play a professional game as a fullback before?

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He looks so good

Glad to see hes showing what all the talk around him was about despite only getting his first chance in Dec

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

No chance that he takes the starting spot of Calabria (or the main CBs) in one year, but especially not Calabria, his attacking game wasn't really there when tried in pre season.
He doesn't even come across as being a FB imo, if anything more like a DM.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score

I was so impressed with his performance. He got caught out on a couple of occasions, but showed real promise.

- Very good passing both short and long range, competent on the ball, and like how he moves off the ball or after hitting a pass

I think he needs to get bigger to play CB in Serie A, but the talent that causes Milan to sign him was on full display.

solid. many would say 'masterclass'

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo

I was very impressed by him. It was a short display but, I honestly think he has higher ceiling than all of our CBs mainly because of his physical attributes. I can see him becoming something like Koulibaly or TS as he gets older, if he can manage to put on some more weight. His character, reminds me of TSilva somehow, being the quiet and focused type. IF he can improve the tactical reading of the game and put on some weight, he will be an absolute beast.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Have you seen him play a professional game as a fullback before?
Nope, only highlights from Youth Champions league and Milan preseason. That being said, I predicted this when we signed him from said highlights.
No chance that he takes the starting spot of Calabria (or the main CBs) in one year, but especially not Calabria, his attacking game wasn't really there when tried in pre season.
He doesn't even come across as being a FB imo, if anything more like a DM.
He isnt nearly as polished as an attacking threat which is why he doesnt seem like a modern fullback, but lets wait and see.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The way he was controlling the ball out of pressure and turning his man with ease late in the game makes me think of him as a center back. That and his aerial ability with his tendencies to use his speed and quickly step up into an interception.

I don’t see him much as a right back. All his qualities so far seem like a player built for the middle of the field, he’s just faster than the typical centerback. Very excited about him, and it’s worth saying that judging a young defender, really any defender, early into the their time with the time is just silly. Like Maldini said he is good at 1v1, things like language, movement patterns, press and offside triggers, those are all learned.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kalulu can be surprise of the season. Great move from Pioli to give him chance instead of Duarte.
I also agree that Kalulu could excel in midfield. Versatile player for sure.

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
I have high hopes for this guy.

He got a bit carried away on the first goal, trying to help Romagnoli, most likely eager to impress and lack of experience.

He did also fail to win the aerial duel with Destro, which is unlike him, as he has been, so far, excellent with his head.

He is short for a CB but still manages to win his aerial duels all over the pitch, because he anticipates the ball well and can jump really high. Most importantly, he actually tries to win them, unlike most in our team who can't even be bothered to fake jump, even just to disturb the opponent.

Seems to be more talented than Gabbia but just lacking the experience and match fitness to show his worth.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I am also happy for him. He moves with fluidity. I just think that it would be good for him if he doesn't lag so much before passing the ball. Sometimes that kills the switch of play that we need to advance the ball forward.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He definately isnt a cb lol, the way he got violated by destro

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
I want to see him either as right back or DMF, they say he is 184 cm but I believe he may be shorter.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
giphy.gif

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is his 3rd professional game

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Just dont think he is tall enough, I think he can be a great RB though, and we can ship conti off and not bother with dalot, and get a proper LB- vice theo

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
not good enough in defence

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
not good enough in defence

His passing is good enough and he can be really useful as a fullback, but just not as a cb, especially vs target men like dzeko

He could be alright vs napoli when they play with isigne or mertens up front, but his height is a huge issue, no matter how much we want to dress it up

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
He did good other than losing that header to Destro.

He is 6 ft so I think he can be a good CB since he has a very good leap. Inexperience more than anything is killing him currently but considering the circumstance he has deputized well

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
He did good other than losing that header to Destro.

He is 6 ft so I think he can be a good CB since he has a very good leap. Inexperience more than anything is killing him currently but considering the circumstance he has deputized well
I agree
In Italy you need to defend so tight especially inside the box. Destro capitalised on his inexperience. He basically ignored Romagnoli and went after Kalulu and he won most of the duels and many fouls that eased the pressure on them.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
People give him too hard a time. Sure he got owned by Gervinho but I mean so does Chiellini. Sure he made mistakes tonight, but the positives from his last two appearances are more than enough to fortify my belief.

People are saying he won't cut it because he wasn't peak Nesta in his two first games in Serie A :lol:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I have high hopes for this guy.

He got a bit carried away on the first goal, trying to help Romagnoli, most likely eager to impress and lack of experience.

He did also fail to win the aerial duel with Destro, which is unlike him, as he has been, so far, excellent with his head.

He is short for a CB but still manages to win his aerial duels all over the pitch, because he anticipates the ball well and can jump really high. Most importantly, he actually tries to win them, unlike most in our team who can't even be bothered to fake jump, even just to disturb the opponent.

Seems to be more talented than Gabbia but just lacking the experience and match fitness to show his worth.

Well in defence you dont need only talent, you need tactics, maturity, physique and more. Gabbia to me has been much more solid. I don?t get the hate on Gabbia, I think this season he has done very well.

Gabbia has trained in Italian system, if there are italian players that I trust more, they are defenders.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
He is the most skilled (drible, vertical passing, wide passing) cb in the squad, maybe try dm like some poster said.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i think this guy has kante attributes, he is aggressive, good dribbling and passing skills but short to be a CB, and shouldn't be the last man to defend, i would really invest in training him as our DM, he can come out huge for us.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Anyone who say Kalulu is short and can't play CB i say Puyol was one of the best defender of his generation with 1.78cm.
Give the kid time,he was good last night.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Only thing I remember from yesterday is Kalulu running to get the ball from the net after Destro's second goal. Mentality.