Videogames Thread

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Guys, im bored and have free time these days. I want a war/strategy game like Age of Empires/Starcraft/Rome wars etc. Can any of you recommend a recent game like that ?

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
cant believe that they cancelled the new true crime say gay

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
Guys, im bored and have free time these days. I want a war/strategy game like Age of Empires/Starcraft/Rome wars etc. Can any of you recommend a recent game like that ?

Have you tried the Total War series? It's not like those games. It's better.

Anyway, this video here is a GTA4 mod that will make some rage over having a console :D

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.

I'm sorry this is coming late, my love :tongue:..just saw your post.

I can't recommend any recent war strat games now because I haven't tried any out (for now) but you'll LOVE what I'm prescribing here.

Check for a game called Battle Realms (by Liquid Entertainment, published by Ubisoft)..addictive as it gets I must say. There's an expansion pack/patch called Battle Realms: Winter of the Wolf. Get the two but start with the first.

Game came out c. 2001 iinm but even then it stood out as one for the future. It's mediaeval-style with a heavy East Asian theme..yin and yang playing a MAJOR role in the habits of the four clans there..Dragon, Wolf, Serpent and my favourite, Lotus. :) They have different belief systems..Dragon: honour/Bushido code, Wolf: Nature, hardwork and freedom, Serpent: trickery, ruthlessness and deception, Lotus: dark magick, corruption and decay. As usual there are the peasant and warrior classes, buildings and something called Zen Masters........... Your clan can run out of rice and/or water. There are horses that can be tamed/eaten and wolves that can be tamed by guess what clan.. :)

The 'conquest mode' is quite long (Kenji's Journey) and you can either play as the leader of Dragon or Serpent. Has lots and lots of maps (plus DLCs, both official and current mods) and the graphics are still excellent for an 'old' game. And all this is just in the first Battle Realms, haven't even started about the WotW expansion patch...

A must-play.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
Just done Gerudo Fortress, heading for the spirit temple next, after that, on to Ganondorf!

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Dreamcast ftw :star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Umbrella_Corporation

This just has to be the funniest thing I've read today..and believe me I read lots of funny shit this evening on. :lol:

*to get the humuor behind the article you should understand the Resident Evil universe..that's why I posted it here, duh.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I'm currently laughing heartily at Capcom cancelling Megaman and all the Otaku/people with no taste getting all up in arms.

So funny. I never liked Megaman... just seemed rehashed samey crap with every installment. "Oh no, Dr Wily(Really, Capcom?) is being evil and wily. Stop him and his horde of horrendously named enemies!!!"

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
Bought Battlefield Bad Company 2 week or so ago for my PC. Probably the best thing I've ever played, MP kicks ass! I ran over single player last year but MP is much more fun!

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
I'm currently laughing heartily at Capcom cancelling Megaman and all the Otaku/people with no taste getting all up in arms.

So funny. I never liked Megaman... just seemed rehashed samey crap with every installment. "Oh no, Dr Wily(Really, Capcom?) is being evil and wily. Stop him and his horde of horrendously named enemies!!!"

That's funny, 'cause you will find more likeness among modern FPS games than Megaman ones.

You use steam samir? I stopped playing bad company a while back, but I can dl it again :thumbsup:

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
Yeah, I bought it and download it via steam but afterwards (few crashes) I've download it from torrent and just entered valid serial, updated it and it works flawless for few days.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
That's funny, 'cause you will find more likeness among modern FPS games than Megaman ones.

You use steam samir? I stopped playing bad company a while back, but I can dl it again :thumbsup:

I'm only really a fan of Halo of the modern FPS's, and that's because of the campaign. Not a COD fan myself.

I recommend everyone here play Kotor2. Playing it now.... Left in awe of the plot, backstory and dialogue. Absolutely astounding.

shimec

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaka, Bierhoff, Weah, Savicevic, Boban, Zidane, Raul,
I think that Kotor 1 was better that sequel, but I enjoyed both.
Out of all games that I have played, Max Payne is the one that I liked the most. Phenomenal dialogues, great person of Max Payne.

Recently I have been choosed to play Battlefield 3 Alpha Trial, and I must say I enjoy that as well. It will be a great game, but for now it's still buggy. I played over 300 hours of BF: BC 2 multiplay over last year and a half.
Mostly I play my games on PC, but when I get toggether with friends we play Mortal Kombat or FIFA or something like that on my XBox360. That are great times, and sometimes a game of MK can turn to be more interresting than FIFA. We played PES on PC a couple of years ago, but now it's FIFA on console, because it's much better game! :)
And, of course I play with Milan :)

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
The Knights of the Old Republic games are great, of course. It's a shame they were turned into another MMO.

I would play it if it didn't require you to pay not just a monthly fee, but also a full game price at the beginning. Loads of bs that is.

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
You can't really explain why it's such a good game, you just have to find out for yourself. Don't skip to the second one. Gotta try both, if at all.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
I think the second is better, but I thoroughly recommend starting with Portal as it's fantastic

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Just installed the game of Xmen: The Last Stand some minutes back..there was this Direct X scare (I've got 11 but it like wanted me to install 9) so just to be sure all was well I just slashed all that anger off Sabretooth on the Statue of Liberty..went ok so I quit.

Atm I'm installing this game called Cryostasis..it's based in the Artic so that's one for you :star:fred:star:..

I'd really like to see the so-talked-about PhysX water effects..better be worth it as it's taken quite some time to get installed..

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Okay..just test-ran the game for a few minutes and it DOES look great!!!

You folks'll have to excuse me..I've got my hands full. :D

Hopefully the both games allow me use my USB gamepad unlike the Punisher game I got last week...almost strained my wrists trying to expertly dodge crackhead killers..and that's just the first, first stage!!

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I wouldn't wish for anyone to play some (if not MOST) PC games without a Controller/Gamepad/Joystick(except it's war strat or FM :D)..you'd just end up mucking up all the bones in your wrist.

An example is the XMen game..Wolverine or Nightcrawler's part, maybe one can get through that with the standard 'WSAD' keys but Iceman...forget it. And that was just Iceman in the Danger Room. :(

One rather irksome thing about XMen games is the fact that you have to learn the button config for various characters...the '1' button on my controller is Quick Attack (Wolverine), Ice Beam (pretty obvious :D) and Punch (Nightcrawler). And you've got like 8 button sets to memorise for each character (minus the analog stick [axis] controls). Now we're talking just those three, but it seems I'll be using Colossus and Storm pretty soon too..phew!

Right now it's soon class, but nighttime we continue and try out the Cryostasis game fully.

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
As long as it's pretty playable, I'm game (planet of the puns! :tongue:).

I'm not about ego trips, I'm about gaming. True gamers sample all there is to get the best, distilled experience. All there is as long as it's post-2000 or something. :D

Besides, if I had a clone maybe I'd go trawling for those spanking new titles. But unfortunately I'm just my trillions of cells in just ONE body bag..there's only so much time when you're spending a great deal of the day poring over and cannibalising all sorts of original research in .pdf format just to create the ULTIMATE outline and a bunch of Powerpoint slides.

And that's after class.

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
As long as it's pretty playable, I'm game (planet of the puns! :tongue:).

I'm not about ego trips, I'm about gaming. True gamers sample all there is to get the best, distilled experience. All there is as long as it's post-2000 or something. :D

I agree with you, its just that in your earlier post you mention how great the graphics looked which i felt was incorrect.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Anyone who will buy Hitman: Absolution when it comes out?

Schedule