Get rid of the poll?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think this is known.

The ?stars? we will get will be still good/great who are not finding space in their big team because they have bought the new shiny toy on the market or the new annual manager doesn?t fancy them.

And since most money teams buy players just to buy, without them really fitting in their team, or just because they are the new ?hot name? we will always have these kind of players available.

That?s why Chealsea is a gold mine because in addition to that they change manager every 12-24 month, which automatically render 4-5 players useless ?not part of the plans?

As for youngsters. It will be player who are not hyped. Players that we catch early and close swiftly and quietly?like Bennacer, as you mentioned, and even Hauge?we will not get in bidding wars

And I love that strategy.
100% on point

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
the fact that we cannot give our key players 5-6M salary unless they are marketing assets is sad. But that's Elliott to you, we have what we have.

You don?t even know this, relax. Gigio was offered a very high salary, it?s not like they let him walk immediately because he was on mirabelli salary. They found a more than able replacement. Hakan too, he was inconsistent here and he wasn?t getting the big offers he anticipated. Inter is in a weird state where they can?t buy players and they need to replace eriksen, they probably saw a chance to take a player from a rival as well. But they were right with both those cases.

After letting two players walk of course the media is going to start trying to make the same claims with Kessie, Calabria, Romagnoli. Ibra haggled for more money and got it, it?s all about value and if they can find a replacement. The reality is they?ve been working on finishing up loan deals and buying tomori+Tonali, there is no way they consider Kessie a priority on July 1. As long as it?s done prior to the season starting everyone will be happy. Hold your horses

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think it's simple math. Ibra is paid for his status, James is easily worth the money just for exposure. Franck on the other hand is valuable for what he brings to his team, but his sheer value is mostly in his market valuation and potential resale fee. In terms of exposure, star power and jersey sales I'm not sure he's that valuable.

If that makes sense. I think this matter will be fixed without drama in the end.
However, are those 6-7M confirmed? Is that the base we are negotiating? I find it hard to believe somehow (perfectly knowing from which salary James comes from hence why I'm not yet sold those rumors have legs).

Local has a point too. IMO this management has never handed or proposed a higher salary to anyone than what the contribution in and off the pitch has been worth. It doesn't sound like us when we are suddenly giving a high salary to someone who hasn't quite set the world on fire in recent years mainly based on the amount of his Instagram followers.

For what has been last years contribution, no one deserves a higher salary than Kessie with the exception of Zlatan who is the guiding sheperd of this extremely young team. I don't think that Maldini would give more money to James than to Kessie. IMO, if James doesn't accept something below 5-6M (what we will probably hand out to Kessie), this deal won't be done.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You don?t even know this, relax. Gigio was offered a very high salary, it?s not like they let him walk immediately because he was on mirabelli salary. They found a more than able replacement. Hakan too, he was inconsistent here and he wasn?t getting the big offers he anticipated. Inter is in a weird state where they can?t buy players and they need to replace eriksen, they probably saw a chance to take a player from a rival as well. But they were right with both those cases.

After letting two players walk of course the media is going to start trying to make the same claims with Kessie, Calabria, Romagnoli. Ibra haggled for more money and got it, it?s all about value and if they can find a replacement. The reality is they?ve been working on finishing up loan deals and buying tomori+Tonali, there is no way they consider Kessie a priority on July 1. As long as it?s done prior to the season starting everyone will be happy. Hold your horses

I'm surprised they are letting Kessie go to the Olympics. Seems like a risk especially given there's a contract extension to worry about.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
But you do understand - this is how the world works.

I still don't understand, because Elliott's line of thought is to make superstars, not buy them. They've always followed this rule of thumb since 2019, with the only exception being Zlatan, but that signing is somewhat understandable because of its sentimental value.

Based on what Elliott's done so far, someone like Sabitzer would make a lot more sense than James, both tactically and economically. I want us to continue in this vein of signing undervalued assets on the market and abandon the James signing because we're potentially risking a Higuain 2.0. here.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I tend to STFU about Mirabelli because I and all of the fucking forum were singing his praises when we got our guys.

Even if some weren't great for us, they were good players at the time.
Having the coach mismanage a lot of the incoming players and injuries in the case of Conti has caused mass historical revisionism.

Ppl are forgetting #ThumbForce etc i guess :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

Even when people questioned some of the buys like Bonucci, we have posters saying ?when a chance to sign Bonucci comes up, you take it?

For Andre Silva, it was ?we are getting one of the best talents for 38m?, quite literally what people are saying regarding Tonali and Rafa Leao.

Then there was Musacchio, a player that our previous ownership scouted and flirted with the previous window already. Rodriguez, who everyone shat on, it would have been him or Kolasinac, we even beat Inter for Rodriguez iirc.

Samaldinho usually have insightful posts, but this one misses the mark wildly. Maybe too much personal emotional involved.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I still don't understand, because Elliott's line of thought is to make superstars, not buy them. They've always followed this rule of thumb since 2019, with the only exception being Zlatan, but that signing is somewhat understandable because of its sentimental value.

Based on what Elliott's done so far, someone like Sabitzer would make a lot more sense than James, both tactically and economically. I want us to continue in this vein of signing undervalued assets on the market and abandon the James signing because we're potentially risking a Higuain 2.0. here.

I?d argue Maldini did a hell of a job with his two experienced signings: Ibrahimovic and Kjaer.

I?m not huge on James, but Serie A might be perfect for him.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Evertons website has James at 4.5m pre tax.

“6m for James but no more then 4m for Kessie” :lol:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I?d argue Maldini did a hell of a job with his two experienced signings: Ibrahimovic and Kjaer.

Based on what? Honest question, no offense.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I think it's simple math. Ibra is paid for his status, James is easily worth the money just for exposure. Franck on the other hand is valuable for what he brings to his team, but his sheer value is mostly in his market valuation and potential resale fee. In terms of exposure, star power and jersey sales I'm not sure he's that valuable.

If that makes sense. I think this matter will be fixed without drama in the end.

I'm aware of the star power he could potentially bring here, but we're a modern club nowadays and have moved on focusing on that.

James Rodriguez would've been a quintessential late-2000 Galliani signing alongside Ronaldinho and Beckham for PR reasons.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
6b355f5c4f920de44cc57762b1a736a3.jpg

dc7d0a6c76f846d6904f5427bc190127.jpg

Samu doing more damage on twitter than on the pitch :proud:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Nope not at all.

Sabitzer is 27 and still a relatively unknown player. For players of this status, Elliot prefers 25 and under. He?s going to want a sizeable contract as he is entering his prime, yet he doesn?t have any real following to justify Elliot investing that much money on him.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Vitiello on James...

@AntoVitiello
Proposed to Milan. It's probable they are evaluating, but at the moment I don't think there's negotiations.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Evertons website has James at 4.5m pre tax.

?6m for James but no more then 4m for Kessie? :lol:

If it's 4.5m pre-tax, then I can see him staying around the same + the tax laws mean the gross cost isn't super high. Maybe Maldini can even convince him to lower his salary and play for a club who will compete to win. :cool:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
According to MilanNews, who also confirmed that the game against Nice will go ahead, Milan want to take on Real Madrid. Talks are already underway and it’s believed that it could be played in August.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm aware of the star power he could potentially bring here, but we're a modern club nowadays and have moved on focusing on that.

James Rodriguez would've been a quintessential late-2000 Galliani signing alongside Ronaldinho and Beckham for PR reasons.

:lol: because you say so? Why did we renew Ibra for 7.5m if we are so ?modern?

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't see how James fits how this current Milan team plays

No way he has the work rate to play that role

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score

One more reason to get him Paolo!

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
According to Vito De Palma of ESPN, he has been told by sources that Milan ‘are very close to closing’ a deal for Rodriguez. He adds that there is talk of an €18m net salary over three years for the player

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milannews: The Serie A clubs, meeting today in the Assembly, complain of a state of crisis that is no longer bearable, caused, in particular, by the economic losses suffered due to the absence of spectators in the stadiums in the last two sports seasons.

To start the next championship, and not to disregard the desire of 38 million fans, the clubs of Serie A, unanimously, require a meeting with the Prime Minister Mario Draghi, with the Minister of Economic Development Giancarlo Giorgetti and with the Undersecretary for Sport Valentina Vezzali.

This meeting is necessary to find, in concert with the Government, suitable solutions for the damage of 1 billion and 200 million euros suffered so far by the Clubs due to the pandemic and, at the same time, to establish ways to favor the total return of the public in the stands since the first day of next season, in complete safety for the fans and contemplating the use of the vaccine passport.

How about forcing players who make millions for playing calcio to reduce their salary by 50% before asking the government for money that actually poor people need after lockdown crisis?

And not only in Italy. Everywhere in the world.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Nope not at all.

Sabitzer is 27 and still a relatively unknown player. For players of this status, Elliot prefers 25 and under. He?s going to want a sizeable contract as he is entering his prime, yet he doesn?t have any real following to justify Elliot investing that much money on him.

One year left on his contract, available for a fee less than 15m when his value in fact is closer to 30m and wages considerably lower than James'. Quality stats for Leipzig over the past seasons and can cover several roles in midfield - that's very much an 'undervalued asset on the market' in my book.

Sabitzer being unknown has no relevance at all to this. Our recruiting team is made of people working closely with analytics to hit a goldmine, and we'll see a battalion of unknown players linked. Even yesterday I saw the name Gabriel Gudmundsson linked. Ergo, it would be no surprise if we're targeting Sabitzer solely because of his numbers.

From Elliott's perspective, his age is the only blemish, but I can understand Maldini and Pioli wanting someone in their prime to replace Hakan - and not some inexperienced youngster.

:lol: because you say so? Why did we renew Ibra for 7.5m if we are so ?modern?

He's already been here for 1 and a half season and proved his worth to the club & team. Scored in nearly every big game for us last season and is one of the few experienced heads at the club. The management are acutely aware of his value on and off the pitch.

If we made a mistake by giving an injury prone Zlatan 7.5m/a year, let's not do the same mistake twice and sign James. We've already used up that quota.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
james is injury prone yes, but i think the risks are a lot less in series a as opposed to him in the epl, talent wise between him and hakan??? LMAO. instant significant upgrade.

we just need a rw now, and if sabitzer is available... i dont know how we dont jump all over this dude, he can play anywhere in the midfield and he might be the best mid we would have.

A midfield of kessie, benna, tonali, sabitzer... good god man

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Milannews: The Serie A clubs, meeting today in the Assembly, complain of a state of crisis that is no longer bearable, caused, in particular, by the economic losses suffered due to the absence of spectators in the stadiums in the last two sports seasons.

To start the next championship, and not to disregard the desire of 38 million fans, the clubs of Serie A, unanimously, require a meeting with the Prime Minister Mario Draghi, with the Minister of Economic Development Giancarlo Giorgetti and with the Undersecretary for Sport Valentina Vezzali.

This meeting is necessary to find, in concert with the Government, suitable solutions for the damage of 1 billion and 200 million euros suffered so far by the Clubs due to the pandemic and, at the same time, to establish ways to favor the total return of the public in the stands since the first day of next season, in complete safety for the fans and contemplating the use of the vaccine passport.

How about forcing players who make millions for playing calcio to reduce their salary by 50% before asking the government for money that actually poor people need after lockdown crisis?

And not only in Italy. Everywhere in the world.

Because they don't give a shit about the average working person who pays tax. They'd rather them pay more taxes or something the government scrounges up to cover it than ask any of the players to take a mandatory "cut" to help clubs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule