Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Sir Crookodile

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, K.Honda, Mugen, PRINCE, Ibra, Balotelli, Niang
bias always turn people into morons

yes, look at you saying Hendricks deserved the win 100% against Condit :lol:. By doing what? TK without damage?

--

And wtf is up with this post press conf? Fucking hated Dana ever since he let Okami go but this? All is money. He can go fuck himself - and JH says he put out 70%? GTFO.

DW: -"You owe it to the fans, to the belt, to the company and you owe it to JH to give him opporutnit to fight again.

Doesn't work that way. And I was in the ring, they knew they lost
IMPERSONALITY: I'm gonna take a year and half of cuz' I got some shit to do *scratches head*
"

JH: "I wasn't really tring to KO him out, I was putting about 70% on him, and it was enough. You know, 70% of my power was enough beca-
-DW: It wasn't enough, cuz you left it in the hands of the judges, it wasn't enough. Better do it 100% next time.

JH: "Well..yes yes, thank you Dana White *chuckle..OUCH! You know, 70% I was rocking him, I was doing it.
You know...I don't know how much better I could've fought that game, does that make sense? I went out there and did my gameplan, I, I ,I out-jabbed him..wrest, wrestled you know. End of the story you know?"

They can go both and fuck eachothers. Hope GSP retires so Dana White can cry in a corner like the little money-whore he is. And I srs lost a lot of respect for JH - he has said numerous times all he thinks about is the belt, even now he said he doesn't care who the champion is or whatever cuz' it's everything he's fighting for....and then he puts on 70%??????????????????????????????????

GTFO.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
fuck off :o - was a good call. Though looking at the scorecard they gave GSP round 1 which is wrong.

I had it 2, 3, 5 to GSP. And I actually dreamt the night before that the result would've ended 3-2 split dec to GSP :lol::lol:. Anyway, glad for my champ.

--

But something was off. He had NO movement in round 4 whatsoever...no jabb, nothing. Was pretty damn shocking for me to watch as a major GSP-fan :(. But fight was cool, props for Hendricks to matching GSP's wrestling in strength.

No way round 2 to GSP, he was almost finished and if not for Hendrick's mouth piece falling out he might have been KO'd, Hendricks did serious work to Georges that round. GSP didn't even really do any damage to Hendricks either, GSP had to go to the hospital, while Hendricks didn't seem like he'd been in a fight. But you say your a major GSP fan, so I think we got a lil bias here, since they seem to be the only ones saying he won the fight. And please I'm tired of the "you have to dethrone a champ" nonsense, so if a guy gets the shit beat out of him he should retain just cause he wasn't finished?

Sir Crookodile

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No way round 2 to GSP, he was almost finished and if not for Hendrick's mouth piece falling out he might have been KO'd, Hendricks did serious work to Georges that round. GSP didn't even really do any damage to Hendricks either, GSP had to go to the hospital, while Hendricks didn't seem like he'd been in a fight. But you say your a major GSP fan, so I think we got a lil bias here, since they seem to be the only ones saying he won the fight. And please I'm tired of the "you have to dethrone a champ" nonsense, so if a guy gets the shit beat out of him he should retain just cause he wasn't finished?

Da faq? Isn't this ROUND-based? What's the difference between GSP winning a round and Hendricks winning a round clearly? NONE.
IMO round 2 GSP used his feet very weel (connecting hifh) and worked his way backinto the round after half had gone. But I will re-watch it all tomorrow.

And this talk about dethrone is what I always go after when the margins call for it in champions. Look, had the same argument with closed friend of mine but IMO Hendricks lost against Condit. But I had no problem, could've gone either way.

BUT, when the same acenario is played (which I felt was the case) then the grabs is up for the challenger. If he ain't hungry enough, if he ain't determined enough to take that title then he should quietly wait in line like the next 5 guys in line.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
"Isn't this ROUND-based?"

and then talks about dethroning and stuff :fp:

--

GSP got away... no one's blaming him. But the refs make idiotic mistakes once in a while, and this was one of them. Hendricks made much more damage and was in control most of the game.

Definitely 3-2 hendricks, but maybe even 4-1.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
What did I say?

This isn't a huge thread, you can find and quote easily.

Sir Crookodile

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
"Isn't this ROUND-based?"

and then talks about dethroning and stuff :fp:

--

GSP got away... no one's blaming him. But the refs make idiotic mistakes once in a while, and this was one of them. Hendricks made much more damage and was in control most of the game.

Definitely 3-2 hendricks, but maybe even 4-1.

If you wanna play by Pride rules with whole fight being judged rather than rounda, then yes, Hendricks won probably because of damage done.

But that ain't the case. And I saw it 3-2 GSP and how you could say 4-1 is beyond me. But I'll get back after re-watching tomorrow.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Da faq? Isn't this ROUND-based? What's the difference between GSP winning a round and Hendricks winning a round clearly? NONE.
IMO round 2 GSP used his feet very weel (connecting hifh) and worked his way backinto the round after half had gone. But I will re-watch it all tomorrow.

And this talk about dethrone is what I always go after when the margins call for it in champions. Look, had the same argument with closed friend of mine but IMO Hendricks lost against Condit. But I had no problem, could've gone either way.

BUT, when the same acenario is played (which I felt was the case) then the grabs is up for the challenger. If he ain't hungry enough, if he ain't determined enough to take that title then he should quietly wait in line like the next 5 guys in line.

What do you mean isn't this round based? I'm telling you in the second round GSP got the shit beat out of his and was almost KO'd lol, compare the damage done to GSP that round to Hendricks. And I don't understand what you mean by if he ain't hungry enough, Hendricks is the first man since Matt Serra to beat the shit out of GSP, you don't do that without being hungry, not every fight can be a finish, especially when you're facing a guy like GSP.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I mentioned a couple of posts before or after that I too think Condit won against Hendricks. But that was probably an even closer fight than this one.

Hendricks deserved the shot in the sense that he's won against so many in the division.

Sir Crookodile

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What do you mean isn't this round based? I'm telling you in the second round GSP got the shit beat out of his and was almost KO'd lol, compare the damage done to GSP that round to Hendricks. And I don't understand what you mean by if he ain't hungry enough, Hendricks is the first man since Matt Serra to beat the shit out of GSP, you don't do that without being hungry, not every fight can be a finish, especially when you're facing a guy like GSP.

Ppl had 1st round close one, but I had the 2nd one. Regardless, a close fight is within the reach for BOTH dighters but we never hand out a draw. Maybe in boxing due to the number of rounds.

So what it boils down to is how you play the rules, to me, a champion is always in favor when it is called for a close round. It's unfair but that is my call for sorting the field - you can only have one champion at the time, and unless you are one...you better grab that extra point that round regardless if you believe you won or not.

Hope that makes sense. And maybe I'm way off round 2 (is it the one GSP took uppercut and stepped backwards?) but my initial scoring was 3-2 GSP.

Sir Crookodile

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I mentioned a couple of posts before or after that I too think Condit won against Hendricks. But that was probably an even closer fight than this one.

Hendricks deserved the shot in the sense that he's won against so many in the division.

Got it, I was wrong then sorry

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wow where do I begin.

I have seen bouts judged so favorable to wrestling that the judge would have given R3 to Hendrix.

In my books, I gave it to Hendrix 4-1. The only rounds that are EVEN close are 1 and 5. I don't know how you can give R2 to St. Pierre, and I am just going to have to disagree with whatever your logic is. And even in those 2, R5 would be more closer than R1. R1 was obviously Hendrix, both had 1 td, and neither did anything with it. Hendrix landed more and harder shots on feet.

The thing that kind of bothered me was, again, Marc Laimon. After R4, Hendrix's corner thought it was 3-1 when it was in reality 2-2. Instead of telling Hendrix to fight hard to finish it, they were telling him he had it in the bag and to be safe. Laimon has had a history of doing that and costing his fighter fights. Phil Baroni vs. Pete Sell jumps to mind. But I felt like Hendrix won R5 even though GSP started out the round well. If Hendrix would have gone all out in R5 he would have somehow won over at least 1 more judge.

As of the post fight conference, I think it is clear GSP is distracted. Yes Dana White is a businessman but he is also all about fighting. I think that is part of his personality and he just doesn't like it if someone is not in it 100%. Especially at the top level, you can really get hurt. Plus, later in the press conference when they keep asking Georges about his personal troubles it was clear he was uncomfortable so Dana stepped in and took over. I genuinely think Dana cares about the top fighters.

Last edited:

Sir Crookodile

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wow where do I begin.

I have seen bouts judged so favorable to wrestling that the judge would have given R3 to Hendrix.

In my books, I gave it to Hendrix 4-1. The only rounds that are EVEN close are 1 and 5. I don't know how you can give R2 to St. Pierre, and I am just going to have to disagree with whatever your logic is. And even in those 2, R5 would be more closer than R1. R1 was obviously Hendrix, both had 1 td, and neither did anything with it. Hendrix landed more and harder shots on feet.

The thing that kind of bothered me was, again, Marc Laimon. After R4, Hendrix's corner thought it was 3-1 when it was in reality 2-2. Instead of telling Hendrix to fight hard to finish it, they were telling him he had it in the bag and to be safe. Laimon has had a history of doing that and costing his fighter fights. Phil Baroni vs. Pete Sell jumps to mind. But I felt like Hendrix won R5 even though GSP started out the round well. If Hendrix would have gone all out in R5 he would have somehow won over at least 1 more judge.

As of the post fight conference, I think it is clear GSP is distracted. Yes Dana White is a businessman but he is also all about fighting. I think that is part of his personality and he just doesn't like it if someone is not in it 100%. Especially at the top level, you can really get hurt. Plus, later in the press conference when they keep asking Georges about his personal troubles it was clear he was uncomfortable so Dana stepped in and took over. I genuinely think Dana cares about the top fighters.

Funny thing is that GSP corner said the opposite going into the 4th.

And honestly, I'm not sure how you gave Hendricks 4 rounda but clearly we all saw something different. I just have to re-watch it but as for cage control and aggression it really felt up for grabs. Wrestling was nullified mostly, but maybe Hendricks had the edge when up against the cage (turning GSP). Striking department was a mix aswell - GSP much cleaner kicks than Hendricks hits to the thigh, whilst Hendricks overhand landed better than GSP's combo (when he went 1-2 body and face)

The jab? I felt it was GSP's.

All in all thought it was a close call and damage wise Hendricks won (overall, per round no). That was my take when watching it first time.

And I still think DW is a prick, but my guess it's boiled down to his psycho traits...

Gotta sleep. Was ufc

Sir Crookodile

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RE-VISION. That is, I've watched the rounds a few times over now.

R1-H
R2-H
R3-GSP
R4-H
R5-GSP

So sadly yea, GSP lost :(. I still love him til death :o.

Reasoning would be:
R1 which many argue but I didn't. The thing is this, even though you take away all those knee attempts by Hendricks which I did first place, he still loses because of those 5 shorts elbows and that he stuffed a TD. The reason about the knees is, while it might have looked as if GSP took a lot of them, IMO, he "checked" them - elevating his own foot, and then just let the leg swing whenever Hendricks hit with his knee whever on the the leg he did. Why did he win? Cuz unlike GSP, Hendricks couldn't move (or didn't want to move?) his stomach..and that was the target for GSP in their knee-exchange.

but he still lost this one.

R2, which was my inital for GSP.

It ISN'T as bad as people make it seem but the strikes are there. What I mean is that GSP recovered very well and for the remainder of 3 minutes he was the one out-jabbing, landing some big shots, and he won the knee-department. But this is all after minute 2 or so. I mean, he still took a bit too much in the early minute and that cost him for me this time (even the knees were of different kind cuz' this time Hendricks had him against the cage, and he couldn't guard against them).

R3 Can't see much of the fuss, GSP had this one.

R4 Same but for Hendricks

R5 GSP's strongest round.

So yeah, there you go. And I watched this without Joe lol. He can be a bit pesky.

EDIT: Also lol wtf was that initial TK by GSP in r1??? Almost looked as if Hendricks was about to tap. tss.

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Nope you did not:

and please, stop with the "stole condits title shot" :fp:... hendricks deserved the title shot 100%.

Or maybe in your universe, loosing a fight makes you deserve the title shot 100%.. then sure you did.

Oh btw Carlo's win streak was just as good as Hendricks, in case that was your whole argument for the 100% bull shit deserved title shot.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
ffs

you're confusing things now.

i agree with you that condit should have been given the win against hendricks. but he wasn't.

the refs gave it to hendricks, which is outside UFC's control. how many times haven't we seen Dana White flip out on decisions? it was a stupid biased wrestling decision that hendricks got.

but like i said, outside UFC's control, and they can't give condit another title shot after losses agains GSP and hendricks. don't see what UFC could have done differently here.

condit is a beast and will get the title shot again. hopefully he's using this time to work on his take down defense.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Really? I thought the Condit fight was not that controversial. I felt Hendrix won that fight.

Sir Crookodile

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Really? I thought the Condit fight was not that controversial. I felt Hendrix won that fight.

To me it was, his takedowns were good - very solid, it was element to nullify gameplan. But no damage whatsoever from that position and that feel short.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
To me it was, his takedowns were good - very solid, it was element to nullify gameplan. But no damage whatsoever from that position and that feel short.

Also Condit did damage off his back.

@ MB: not my fault u make contradictory posts:D

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Anyway, even though I think GSP lost this bout clearly, the decisio was not his so he cant be blamed. And if he wants to take a break, Dana should leave him alone. GSP didn't look like himself and you could see that he was very unhappy.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyway, even though I think GSP lost this bout clearly, the decisio was not his so he cant be blamed. And if he wants to take a break, Dana should leave him alone. GSP didn't look like himself and you could see that he was very unhappy.

Spot on and i just hope it won't be the same situation with Silva. I really hope his focused and wants in, i don't think Silva is passed it from a physical point of view the guy is fit and he did not exactly take a lot of serious beatings trough his career.

Next up is TUF 18 FINALE LIVE ON BT SPORT 1 - MAYNARD VS. DIAZ. May be wrong here, but wasn't TUF for guys who just start out?

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I think he should vacate the belt if he wants to go on a vacation and nobody knows how long he wants off...

milan07

Security
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Djokovic, Diego Armando Maradona
Anyone with the video of the fight?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Anyone see the Hunt vs. Silva? I suggest watching the fights on that card...amazing.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Just saw it

:eek:

That was fun to watch, seeing them fucked up & gassed out, taking turns almost k.o each other :lol:

JOHNSON VS. BENAVIDEZ 2 up next, honestly that's probably gonna be boring unless you like to watch midgets fight.

WEIDMAN VS. SILVA 2, can't wait for that its going to be legendary.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Yeah anything under light weight division is crap to me.

Schedule