Videogames Thread

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
^
great game yes... scariest game ever yes... gives you nightmares yes... :(

i just went on an epic game-searching quest. went through almost 20-25 reviews in an hour (and a couple of vids).

two games that impressed me:

1. Crusader Kings II - strategy game where you 'get to control one of the great Christian dynasties of the West, attempt to conquer all of Europe, and liberate the Holy Land'.

seems very similar to a game i used to adore when i was smaller called of Knights of something. can't remember the name. :tongue:

and, for you Az., there's an awesome fan-made Game of Thrones mod - http://kotaku.com/5913709/there-is-an-awesome-game-of-thrones-video-game-you-can-play-it-right-now

2. Sins of a Solar Empire - basically Star Craft. :tongue:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Haven't played Crusader Kings 2 but I have played Europa Universalis 3... incredibly in-depth.

Don't try to play it for 30 minutes, expect to sink hours.

Sins of a Solar Empire is good, played that one too.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Haven't played Crusader Kings 2 but I have played Europa Universalis 3... incredibly in-depth.

Don't try to play it for 30 minutes, expect to sink hours.

Sins of a Solar Empire is good, played that one too.
went through wiki:

The game has over 300 playable countries, including giants like Ming China, regional powers like Bohemia and Kazan, and tiny nations like the Maldives.

and tiny nations like the Maldives

like the Maldives

the Maldives

Maldives

jammin approved. :thumbsup:

my dream come true:

2011052600010.jpg

Last edited:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
has anyone played fall of the samurai?

it's an expansion from the total war series

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
currently downloading this:

psx_knockout_kings_2000_3.jpg

can't wait for my match against butterbean tonight :proud:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
mass effect 3 new ending set for free download on 26th of june. #getin

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Is Europa Universalis 3 anything like Knights of Honor?I used to love that game,spend hours/days building my empire:D

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
They were both made by Paradox, I believe.

But I don't know if Knights of Honour has more depth. It seems unlikely, looking at the Wiki page.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
currently downloading this:

psx_knockout_kings_2000_3.jpg

can't wait for my match against butterbean tonight :proud:

Oh my god! I had that game!

I remember being De La Hoya(I think... it was some South American/Latin American) and I used to just upper cut over and over again.

I remember playing the first Europa Universalis ages back

Was addicted to it

I'm fucking terrible. Well not that bad, but not great as I don't know how to do anything. Yet, I still find myself wanting to play over and over again.

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^
still as frustrating as i remember it to be, especially when playing in career mode as a crappy boxer haha.

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Brigandine%20-%20The%20Legend%20of%20Forsena2.jpg

One of the most challenging games back in the days :lol:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
hooked up my ps1, started playing the first crash bandicoot, plan to finish all 3.

already had a couple of rage quit moments.

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
I see retro-gaming's the new sexy here..good thing!

@Sage..why not get an ePSXe emu? The ROMs are pretty easy to get too..all you need is on the ngemu forums.

Talking emus, just decided to set up the PCSX2 I got from my bro in like March..and it's got all the plugins + the BIOS. Only thing is to update some Direct X library for the Graphics plugin, maybe that's because I'm not using an nvidia chip...but I'm on DX 11!! :conf:

I guess I'll do that before the week runs out..got Kingdom Hearts 2 to test the emu..all things go ok and the torrenting continues....

MGS 3: Snake Eater, first on the menu. :proud:

----------------------

Just for laughs now..try playing this video on VLC media player (the one I use cos of the many, many allowed extensions :thumbsup: ) or any other..play it at x3.00 (thrice the speed)..I guarantee you'll split a vein or five laughing.

Or your money back. :lol:

Anyone play MK2011? Haven't yet, but I have so many .flv vids on it..though it may not be übercool, it's pretty nice.

Fsr reason I find Mileena's 2nd costume (the naked with strips one) so much of a boner-kill, while the 3rd costume is the one to fap to. :D And I find Syndel REALLY attractive.

Sheeva's 2nd costume has some fappable potential. :o :pervert:

Johnny Cage's secret fatality (in the vid ofc) has to be one of the goriest in the game. In short, his two fatalities...someone must've pissed him off real bad before the current tournament. :)

WARNING: Sonya's 2nd costume = sticky palms. :D

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Played MK 2011. Its incredible. U can do loads of combos without hitting too many buttons which is fun. 20 button combos are just annoying (street fighter take note). I really enjoyed playing Noob saibot and stryker. However Kratos was a major disappointment. Man is slow as fuck in the game.

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The only games I miss from PSX 2 were Disgaea, Final Fantasy X and Dynasty Warriors 5 : Empires.

Most of my memorables games are on PSX :lol:

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
Saw the Kratos complaint in those vids..tbf, he was just :thumbsdown: in every aspect..BORING fatalities, BORING movesets, wanted to add BORING costumes but that's Sony's fault :), and like you rightly pointed out, SLOW AS FUCK. Which he isn't in GOW even with his 1 billion tonnes of muscle :D..he's very agile in that game. Here, he just sucks Kitana's fannie mae. :tongue:

Talking combos, that's where MK's at..you haven't totally played it if you haven't executed what MK Deception called Branch Style combos..if you don't sprain your wrist/bust a thumb then you haven't started..

On Deception the Conquest mode was the place to be. Really, really tight idea.

Fsr I skipped Armageddon :( the only MK in the series I missed, with the Mythology games..Shaolin Monks was epic though I left home before I could complete it.

Hopefully there's MK '11 for Windows now.

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hopefully there's MK '11 for Windows now.

Turns out there won't be any :cry:

Probably the only 2011 cross-platform game without a PC port..screw you Boon!! :devilfuc:

Instead they chose the PSP Vita. Just wow.

:lol: at NetherRealm Studios swallowing Sony/SCE cock just because they gave them rights to use Kratos. :mad:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
MK9 is sexy. Noob Saibot (as usual) is a BEAST. but, my main man will always remain :star:Baraka:star:. :proud:

Deception and Shaolin Monks are :star:. tho Shujinko is a shit character. :o

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shujinko just learnt so many styles from everyone, went to all the realms as an errand boy and then got ass-fucked by Onaga. :D

But he was rather cruel even as an old man..would like to see him again though. And Havik. Hotaru, the Onis Moloch and Drahmin, Lee Mai, Bo Rai Cho.....I know MK9 was set around the time of the first tournament, but those characters should've made a comeback, at least as DLC.

MK Deception :proud:

MK9/MK2011/MK Ed Boon blowing Warner Bros and Sony at the same time :) seems pretty swell from the gameplay vids. :thumbsup:

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baraka is a perverted sadomasochist who makes Mileena do awfully sexy things to his withered warrior cock every Outworld night...everything apart from blowjobs please!! :lol:

Every night just before she does Shao Khan.

Where the heck is John Tobias nowadays?

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Is it true that performing fatalities is easier in the newer MK games? I remember it was extremely difficult to do in MK3 :D

Ali Daei

Kaliris
Reaction score
Is it true that performing fatalities is easier in the newer MK games? I remember it was extremely difficult to do in MK3 :D

Oh god that shit was hard. Something like up,down,up,down,left,up,left,,right, down, down,down,up,left,left,right,left,right,up,right, right.........by this point I just said fuck it lol.

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Unfortunately, yep. In this emo MK2011 for example, they even have a Fatality tower where you can practise Fatalities..imagine that! :mad: Just to appeal to these new, LAZY breed of gamers who can't even string a 3 hit combo talkless of a branch style.

Back in the day when gaming was still hardcore I remember me and my neighbours/pals filling like the last four leaves of our school notebooks with Up Up Down Back Up B :) all sorts of fatality, babality, brutality and animality codes..and we had to memorise them!! Not like these spoilt emo gamers of today. :thumbsdown:

I remember we used to test who could throw continuous Hadokens for like 5 minutes on Street Fighter..believe me, that's blister territory.. :proud:

But it made us the ace gamers that we are today.

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Most of the time I just ended up punching the enemy :lol: MK 2 is easier, although there is some easy yet difficult fatality moves, like Raiden's (hold one button for one sec, simple really, but it means you have to start holding it when you're still fighting because no way you'd have 10 secs to perform fatality).

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:)

Naw what you do, just as you're about to strike the last hit, hold the button..can't recall but I think it was Back. You'd have started charging it before the 'Finish Him' comes up. And then you have like 8 seconds to demonstrate you're a Master Chief. Or the opponent falls and you're an awkward pussy. :D

And heaven helps you if that happens at the local arcade....that's clowning dawg. :lol:

It's like Bison's Psycho Crusher, the normal level ones or the Supers..you can actually fly off just after a LP LP Forward LK HP combo..but it means you're holding Back for the last two hits, since Psycho Crusher = Back for 2 secs, Forward P.

Hard to pull off but worth it, on any Street Fighter game. Knee Press Nightmare, Double Knee Press, etc...works the same way.

Other charge moves to try that with..Blanka's Rolling Ball, Vega's Izuma Drop, Guile's Flash Kick/Sonic Boom/Opening Gambit.....

Schedule