The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: Are you for or against Sheva's return?
For 132 67.35%
Against 64 32.65%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2008, 16:11   #7401
Kuzimoto
Forza Milan!!!!

Fav. Players: Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano

it was his goal afterall.
Kuzimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 16:23   #7402
Lisa
Super Moderator

Fav. Players: Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini

Sheva: I can see the light

Andriy Shevchenko’s goal midweek marked the end of his dark period. “I’ll be back at the top and Milan will win the Scudetto and UEFA Cup.”

The Ballon d’Or winner’s career tumbled after his £30m move to Chelsea and since his summer return to San Siro there has been precious little sign of the Sheva of old.

“I expect to improve and play a couple of years at a high level,” he told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I know I’ll manage it, as I worked so hard over the last few months and never lost faith. In life everything changes, all things must come to an end, but I can still achieve a great deal in football.

“After two years in the dark, I owe that to myself and those who love me. In these months in Italy I realised how many people had not forgotten me.”

The Ukrainian is slowly rediscovering his form and scored a fine goal in Wednesday’s 2-1 Coppa Italia defeat to Lazio.

“I have no psychological problems,” he assured. “I had some physical difficulties and that is why I was not myself on the pitch.

“In the last year I have had two operations due to a protruded disc in my back. If I remember how I was in England compared to now, I realise just how far I have come.

“At Chelsea there was a time when I couldn’t even move without feeling pain. It felt as if the others were driving cars and I was on a moped.”

With Pippo Inzaghi, Marco Borriello, Ronaldinho, Clarence Seedorf, Andrea Pirlo, Daniele Bonera and Massimo Ambrosini out injured for today’s match with Catania, Sheva has a great chance of starting again.

“Milan can do better, but we are not even halfway through the season yet and can catch Inter. We started the campaign convinced we could win the Scudetto and UEFA Cup, so we haven’t changed that view.

“In football you need a little bit of luck, too. For example, we had it in Bergamo, but not at Lecce. Such incidents are not enough to quash our belief.”
ch4

Signature
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 16:40   #7403
Kuzimoto
Forza Milan!!!!

Fav. Players: Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano

FT AC Milan [1 - 0] Catania

32' G. Sardo

33' E.A. Carboni

44' A. Pato

65' [1 - 0] A. Shevchenko

80' G. Gattuso

90' P.M. Ledesma
Old 07-12-2008, 17:10   #7404
Andromeda
^AC.Milan Girl^

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Sheva: I can see the light
Slow but sure I think he can back to good again. Just dont put the expectation too high it will make a burden for him. Let him back and find the way to his glory days again.

Signature
Life Goes On
Andromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:08   #7405
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Improved performance against Catania. Picked up pace, haven't seen him run like that in a while. Still a bit rusty, though decision making has tended to be rather poor although when he gains confidence and top condition he will start scoring again.

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 13:51   #7406
Kuzimoto
Forza Milan!!!!

no chance he will start with juve.
x-mass three with Pato upfront,that would be Carlo's tactics.
And that's the mistake.Sheva more than anyone need to play as much as it possible.Only that way he could regain his form.Cos' everytime he comes as a sub,on 65th,75th min he feels like he need to prove something and there's always not enough time.
Old 08-12-2008, 16:40   #7407
milan's jedi
col Milan nel cuore

Fav. Players: Maldini, Van Basten, Baresi, Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Ibrahimović

Probably he will start according to official site
http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=77173

Last edited by milan's jedi; 09-12-2008 at 11:01.
milan's jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 17:33   #7408
GreatKalu
I still believe!

As much as I hate what he did to us, I can't help but feel sorry when I see him play. He was sublime, and now, even the goal against Lazio, is simply painful to see. He's not even half the player he was ... yes he is improving, but its a pain to see such a great player fall from grace.

Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 17:43   #7409
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

I just hope stupidity triad werent stupid enough 2 sign him.
Was never against selling player @ soon as they hit 31 & selling him was smart but the stupidity triad cant afford 2 b smart so they brought him back

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 17:58   #7410
GreatKalu
I still believe!

I believe Kuzi clarified that indeed G. brought him back PERMANENTLY

Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 20:47   #7411
Lisa
Super Moderator

Fav. Players: Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini

MILANELLO – This is Andriy Shevchenko, today, at Milan Channel. Very often protagonist of games between Milan and Juventus, many times decisive. However, Sheva started from Gattuso: “It was a big surprise for us this injury. On Sunday Rino had finished the game, he was fundamental as always. I’m very sorry for what happened to him. He's a leader for us, we shall feel a lot his absence. For some of our players, especially in midfielder, this is an important moment, but the thing I mostly want to do now is to wish Rino a speedy recovery. I’m convinced that already from the rehabilitation phase, his presence at Milanello will be important.”

The Andriy spoke about the team and himself: “After two defeats it was very important to obtain a result in front of our public and we managed to do so against Catania. Now we must continue, we will all be very happy to obtain a good result in Turin on Sunday against Juventus. I’m fine, I’m reaching my best condition. I scored in the Coppa Italian and I created chances in the league. I feel much better and I feel able to give my contribution to the team.”

Then on Juventus: “A game like this is the most important in Italy in terms of wins. The two teams who won most in Italy and on the international scene will be facing each other. Now in the standings we have the same number of points, both teams want to win and it will be tough for us as well as for them. The Scudetto? The road is still long, we at Milan must always play to win. Me and Nedved Golden Ball winners of 2003 and 2004? Yes, important years, Nedved is a great player, he had a great career. I recently read that he regrets never to have played a Champions League final and I understand him perfectly. However he still gave a lot to his national team and the same Juventus in the Champions League.”
acmilan.com

Signature
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 21:26   #7412
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

The deal is a loan, not permanent, though I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Galliani is campaigning for the latter.
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 21:39   #7413
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer
The deal is a loan, not permanent, though I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Galliani is campaigning for the latter.
does anyone know the fee in question?

ps I dont mind sheva or pippo.....but not both, thats 2 old strikers, taking up too much space...

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 21:52   #7414
italian_devil
Ac Milan Club Montreal

Fav. Players: Pirlo,Sheva ,Nesta, Maldini,Kaladze, Kaka, R80, Totti,Pipoooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
MILANELLO – This is Andriy Shevchenko, today, at Milan Channel. Very often protagonist of games between Milan and Juventus, many times decisive. However, Sheva started from Gattuso: “It was a big surprise for us this injury. On Sunday Rino had finished the game, he was fundamental as always. I’m very sorry for what happened to him. He's a leader for us, we shall feel a lot his absence. For some of our players, especially in midfielder, this is an important moment, but the thing I mostly want to do now is to wish Rino a speedy recovery. I’m convinced that already from the rehabilitation phase, his presence at Milanello will be important.”

The Andriy spoke about the team and himself: “After two defeats it was very important to obtain a result in front of our public and we managed to do so against Catania. Now we must continue, we will all be very happy to obtain a good result in Turin on Sunday against Juventus. I’m fine, I’m reaching my best condition. I scored in the Coppa Italian and I created chances in the league. I feel much better and I feel able to give my contribution to the team.”

Then on Juventus: “A game like this is the most important in Italy in terms of wins. The two teams who won most in Italy and on the international scene will be facing each other. Now in the standings we have the same number of points, both teams want to win and it will be tough for us as well as for them. The Scudetto? The road is still long, we at Milan must always play to win. Me and Nedved Golden Ball winners of 2003 and 2004? Yes, important years, Nedved is a great player, he had a great career. I recently read that he regrets never to have played a Champions League final and I understand him perfectly. However he still gave a lot to his national team and the same Juventus in the Champions League.”
acmilan.com
Woww that pumps me up!!!! Forzza Sheva! Can't wait for this game, I wanna silence all those annoying juve fans!
italian_devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 23:07   #7415
Madridista
not exactly a lightweight

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco, Jese

Sheva looked tonight like its the first time he plays football in his life. The worst performance I've ever seen. Ronaldo with one leg is better than him.

Signature

#ForeverMario
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 23:30   #7416
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo9
Sheva looked tonight like its the first time he plays football in his life. The worst performance I've ever seen. Ronaldo with one leg is better than him.
Nope, reference: Milan-Siena last season, both legs were there.
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 01:09   #7417
drucurl
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva

R9 would have played better than this rotting pile of feces if he swam from Brazil and spent the entire first half catching his breath........Hell ADP at his prehistoric fossilized state at least has the control and precision of old $hitvac wasted ball after ball and even screwed up a simple through cross for Inzaghi....really pathetic and worthless in every regard. Hate me all you want but Ronaldo would do a hell of a lot better job than $hitvac Pato, Borri and Pippo only need to wake up in the morning to be better than the traitor
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 01:45   #7418
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
R9 would have played better than this rotting pile of feces if he swam from Brazil and spent the entire first half catching his breath........Hell ADP at his prehistoric fossilized state at least has the control and precision of old $hitvac wasted ball after ball and even screwed up a simple through cross for Inzaghi....really pathetic and worthless in every regard. Hate me all you want but Ronaldo would do a hell of a lot better job than $hitvac Pato, Borri and Pippo only need to wake up in the morning to be better than the traitor

Stop beating the dead horse ,why the fuck do u need to compare him to r9 ?

Ronaldo is as much of traitor as Sheva is,only difference is that Ronaldo left more clubs than Sheva,its that simple.

I don`t like inter,and i don`t like saying this,but what he did to inter is as bad if not worse then what Sheva did to Milan when he left.

So stop the crap.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 02:10   #7419
drucurl
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az.
Stop beating the dead horse ,why the fuck do u need to compare him to r9 ?

Ronaldo is as much of traitor as Sheva is,only difference is that Ronaldo left more clubs than Sheva,its that simple.

I don`t like inter,and i don`t like saying this,but what he did to inter is as bad if not worse then what Sheva did to Milan when he left.

So stop the crap.
hmmm lemme see...Ronaldo was all about the glory from day1....he never fronted and faked and pretended like he wanted to be a legend or a club symbol....compare that to the shit $hitvac spoke while we were on the rise and you'll see a difference....ronaldo's like the hot bitch who makes it clear that she's with you temporarily and because you're rich.....you KNOW you'll lose her someday....$hitvac is like the highschool sweetheart you got engaged to and then left you for a richer guy...but before she did she broke up with you claiming that your relationship has problems when she really wanted the other guy for the money....it's the lying and the bullshitting that hurts ME the most because at one point believe it or not I actually lived Sheva more than Ronaldo. I simply couldn't shut up about him.

Ronaldo left Barca for Inter then for Real then for us...I can't remember him ever asking to be captain or kissing a badge...he's a ho too no doubt but even some ho's have principles....it's those 'nice girls' who grew up going to your church that f**k with your heart. Give me the sexy ho anyday...at least I know where I stand

Ronaldo left Inter as Cuper was starting the ever-so-sucessful Argentine revolution. They didn't see eye to eye and at the time all the best players were leaving to go to Real....Figo and Zidane also left their big clubs to form the galaciticos. He left Real after Capello kept benching his ass for RVN and Raul.

Plus Ronaldo f**ked Inter over....if anything he deserves an award

Ok but seriously ronaldo is NOT the answer to our problems...it's just if we're going to buy some old, past it striker as is our usual trend these days.....my choices would be 1) Drogba 2)Ronaldo. Toni and Crespo are also good options in the "past-it" isle that we love to shop in One thing's for sure...he's better than $hitvac

In an IDEAL world (one where Berlu gives a shit) we'd get Torres/Adebayor/Eto'o but such players are only good for making statments talking about how they could have come to Milan

Last edited by drucurl; 15-12-2008 at 02:18.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 11:54   #7420
Kuzimoto
Forza Milan!!!!

Last edited by Kuzimoto; 22-12-2008 at 12:51.