Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
giphy.gif

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Will he make it easier for us and leave for $ or we gonna have another Gattuso-Montolivo situation?

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Not asking for much.

Just gonna need him to do the only thing Italians are naturally good at - pretend you're injured ... Only I need you to do it for the rest of the season ...and hopefully fuck off after that.

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
Romagnoli can probably rotate with Kjaer, but we can't field them bother together, especially with Theo at LB, who leaves acres of space that both Kjaer and Romagnoli are both too slow to cover. Tomori is forcing himself to starting XI and you can't deny that his qualities are just too good to be on bench

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
And he would bench Sule too, that slowpoke german giant

I get the salt is high right now as last night's W must have felt like a massive personal L given how hard you have simped romaguire. Marinate in it a bit.

Meanwhile "slowpoke" Sule after shafting mbappe and Neymar :

images

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Use this downturn to grow Ale....I believe in you :)

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Maldini: "Surely Romagnoli is not happy to be benched, this is normal. There has been rotation for everyone. If Milan has 17 points more than last year, we owe it to those who have played every game so far and Alessio is one of them."

He will come back better.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Romagnoli is slower than the ball boys at bayern. It's a no contest.

Nonsense.

Even Kaladze with an avenue in front of him showed what he was able to do. My point is, Romagnoli doesnt have a 'speed' problem, is more deep than that.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maldini: "Surely Romagnoli is not happy to be benched, this is normal. There has been rotation for everyone. If Milan has 17 points more than last year, we owe it to those who have played every game so far and Alessio is one of them."

Maldini meant we managed to get 3 points in Rome thanks to Roma sitting on the bench. He sugar coated it.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Even Kaladze with an avenue in front of him showed what he was able to do. My point is, Romagnoli doesnt have a 'speed' problem, is more deep than that.

It's deeper alright.

He doesn't just have a speed problem. He has a positioning , strength , brain and instinct problem to go along with living life at 0.75x speed.

I have to check if my stream stopped working every single time hes involved.... "Oh nope. Romagnoli.exe is just taking time to load again" ..

Last edited:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
It's deeper alright.

He doesn't just have a speed problem. He has a positioning , strength , brain and instinct problem to go along with living life at 0.75x speed.

I have to check if my stream stopped working every single time hes involved.... "Oh nope. Romagnoli.exe is just taking time to load again" ..

Just wait 4 years, when he will start peaking.
I still believe he would do better with Tomori or Kalulu next to him instead of Kjaer, Musachio or Bonucci did.

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
It's deeper alright.

Not really sure what you have been watching, it's clear he struggles physically but so would most given the amount of games he has played. I fully believe fatigue is the issue, he is a smart defender who relies on his positioning and football iq.

The knee jerk reaction is hilarious by some of you, let the guy get some rest and get back to his original form.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I still believe he would do better with Tomori or Kalulu next to him instead of Kjaer, Musachio or Bonucci did.

Inshallah , and may Bari benefit mightily from this :thumbsup:

He will do better relatively because they will look worse in his presence.

Strong hunch he hampers their development if they play with him given his 0 leadership skills. Might even get more mileage from starting gabbia and kalulu together.

I fully believe fatigue is the issue, he is a smart defender who relies on his positioning and football iq.

He has always had the stamina of an aids patient running a 10k to raise awareness. Breathing looks like a difficult chore to him.

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inshallah , and may Bari benefit mightily from this :thumbsup:

He will do better relatively because they will look worse in his presence.

Strong hunch he hampers their development if they play with him given his 0 leadership skills. Might even get more mileage from starting gabbia and kalulu together.

He has always had the stamina of an aids patient running a 10k to raise awareness. Breathing looks like a difficult chore to him.

Too much football manager, starting Gabbia and Kalulu together?

So if he has always had rubbish stamina and physicality and nothing has changed why has he perfomed well enough for the past few years. It's a rough patch of form largely down to fatigue.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score

So if he has always had rubbish stamina and physicality and nothing has changed why has he perfomed well enough for the past few years. It's a rough patch of form largely down to fatigue.

Performed well for the last few years ?

By what metric?

Certainly not clean sheets, goal difference or ...

Our position on the league table.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
It's deeper alright.

:lol:

Be patient, italians defenders tend to rise late. Romagnoli will be at his best around 32, 33.

Only reason to lose our patient with him, is him asking 6m/year to Milan.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score

lol...4 years to start peaking? Should we loan him out for 4 years then and wait for him to peak? Imagine waiting 4 years for your captain to peak. :lol: Selllll!

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Performed well for the last few years ?

By what metric?

Certainly not clean sheets, goal difference or ...

Our position on the league table.

I mean by actually watching his peformances. Not just in the last few weeks.

Typical stats peddling by your metrics you would never by a player from a lower league club.

Stick to football manager

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I mean by actually watching his peformances. Not just in the last few weeks.

Typical stats peddling by your metrics you would never by a player from a lower league club.

Stick to football manager

Yeah how can any stat even come close to capturing the magnificence of moments like these.

HeftyNimbleBovine-small.gif

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah how can any stat even come close to capturing the magnificence of moments like these.

HeftyNimbleBovine-small.gif

My oh my you found a gif of a footballer making a mistake.

Must mean hes worth 1 euro.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
My oh my you found a gif of a footballer making a mistake.

Must mean hes worth 1 euro.

Yes, stats which represent an aggregation of his performance should not be a consideration.

Unlimited videos of him getting pushed around in all sorts of priceless ways should not be a consideration (obviously there's a lot more where that came from).

The only thing we should consider are ur choice of anecdotal evidences.

Lol run along. He's gone in the summer. Let's see if milan manage to recoupe even what they bought him for. That should be evidence enough of how much his existence has cost us.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think his tackles per 90 stats shows a clear regression this season.

wOXtAGS.png

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score

He had performed well in the past few years because the rest of the CB are poor in quality and most of the mistakes were committed by other worst off defenders and any mistakes by Romagnoli is immediately forgiven because he was the favorite and star man of Milan. Now that the standard are getting higher with Kjaer, Tomori and Kalulu, it has becoming increasing obvious that Romagnoli has not been up to par.

I still rate Romagnoli as a good defender but to be great he has to improve a lot more on his tackling and physical. All defenders are primarily judge by his ability to dispose or win the ball back during a 1 on 1 situation, something that Romagnoli need to seriously improve.

Last edited:

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes, stats which represent an aggregation of his performance should not be a consideration.

Unlimited videos of him getting pushed around in all sorts of priceless ways should not be a consideration (obviously there's a lot more where that came from).

The only thing we should consider are ur choice of anecdotal evidences.

Lol run along. He's gone in the summer. Let's see if milan manage to recoupe even what they bought him for. That should be evidence enough of how much his existence has cost us.

What are you even talking about, anecdotal evidence? Stats are not the only measure when assessing a players performance. If that was the case you would not buy from lower leagues, you can morph players and players can also go through rough patches, that's why I understand management benching him and letting him recover.

By your reasoning we would get rid of a player every time they had a bad patch, might as well get rid of the whole team then.

Anyway Let's see if he is sold and to whom, we have differing opinions lets see how it turns out.

Last edited:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

So is Samu :proud::proud::proud:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
https://i.imgur.com/wOXtAGS.png

Dribbled past %

20/21: 43%
19/20: 17.6%
18/19: 8.3%
17/18: 20%
16/17: 21.4%
15/16: 17.6%

Theo and the high press is more challenging for him than Grintics and RicRod, but he was good even under Pioli until the July injury.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
I never understand how some people seem to revel in players in terrible form who play for the team they support.