What The Fuck ????

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Wild said:
Well
First am really sad about the fact that some of the users that became Mod don’t post as much as b4.
I mean ppl like Gaizka or Italian Tsar were better 4 the forum as users than Mods coz we used 2 enjoy there posts & now , maybe coz of life or their duty , post much less.
In fact, most mods didn't post enough maybe they had more jods need to do. I realized Gaizka and Italian Tsar posted less than before but they still posted logical and great things.
Let's just talk about the mods:
David: He usually didn't post a lot in the Milan section but he did a lot of jobs in the Rule section like helped user changed names and answered questions to new or changed new polls.
BWM: She made discussion about Milan and other football news but usually she copied news from other website or she did more on Dida than others (Maybe because Dida is her favourite player). She also did a lot about move some similar topic thread into another existed thread or closed some useless threads.
Schartaz: I only remembered he made the section for "Discuss 2006 WC" and some topics in off-topic. Also, he just quited the mod couple weeks ago.
Kyara: I remembered she posted a lot in every part but i didn't see her long time.. (Especially after Sheva left us, but maybe this is not the reason).
Gaizka and Italian Tsar: They, zZ[-_-]Zz, menon inc, Puppone, Billy1969 (although he was banned), r3dman, Besikaka, San Paolo, crazy4milan, Passion for 9 and Wild (Although i don't like all of them, but i just talked about their contribution for this forum) contribute the most great posts in my opinion. (And all of them are older Milan fans have enough knowledge about Milan + also older than most of us so their idea are more logical and mature).
milan my love: I only saw him opened prediction and calculated the points for that.
Rex: Somtimes he talked about football (I mean the international whole world football) more than talked about Milan. He also posted some great things but less than the people i mentioned before.
unrossonero: Because he works for Italian section i didn't know Italian and i didn't read in that section. But i guess maybe he posted a lot good things.

adrian_milan

Revolutioners at works !!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano, Pato, Ibra
Yuchen Fish said:
Yes, you are right. For example, i read some some old threads in the "Game" were only 5 or 6 pages, but most posts were logical and great ideas. Today, we could find even more than 20 pages, but almost 90% of them were just 1 line sentences or something like "I had a feeling that we would win" and "Yes, i agree with you" or just posted a prediction or formation.
I remembered from last September to now, there were a lot of people joined forum and they made pretty good introduction and did some good discussion about the games or players or other ideas, however, that was justed continued less than 2 weeks and they disappeared. :head:
But i think there are still other reasons that maybe some people are really busy right now, like Besikaka is studying for his law degree, R3dman got a greater job so he needed to work hard, persik had lots languages needed to study because he is a linguist and so on.
Fortunately, we still had a lot of good writers are doing good posts in this forum. Although i don't agree with all of them's points and don't like all of them's personalities, their posts are logical and directly have deep relationship with Milan or the topic.:)
Well ... i dont think writing short is a problem ... if all writing is long, wont be too good either...
Yeah a lot of arguing has happened ... i'm one of them to ...
I guess it wouldn't be good if we only spirit Milan all the time ... we need everyone to express their feeling ... The frustration begin when Milan is on a bad period and will end when Milan overcome bad period ...
Not everyone can make a good analytical post all the time ... we do need some simple words such as "I have a feeling we will win" or "Yes, I agree with you" ... somehow if someone agreeing with you, it feel goods ... Im sorry to say this ... i prefer those simple words rather than long posts with nothing in it ...
I must say this forum has make me more of a milanisti than ever ...
people can come for a visit .... two weeks ... one weeks ... and they're gone ... it's their problem ...
My suggestion is ... how about the admin give expirity time to the new member ... who don't post for a month ... just erased them ...
but it still is a good thing because when new member arrives ... it shows that this forum is spreading ...
We're all friends here ...

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Yuchen Fish said:
In fact, most mods didn't post enough maybe they had more jods need to do. (........)
milan my love: I only saw him opened prediction and calculated the points for that.
Marginal. Unfortunately it is so. Even if not precisely. By the time you joined the forum i have had 95% volume of my current post status delivered. I have had some personal challenges to overcome. I did my job as SAPL mod anyway i could last year due to lack of time. In fact i only visited the forum once a week and that to post new thread or to update scores and vice verca. I hadn't had time to even check the community forum. I got back this year, however and i am well and am doing the given role normaly now.

Rather than pointing out "thread merged" , "thread moved" or "thread closed" i do it quietly. (well most of the time anyway) + I was never a 8.91 posts per day free style junkie. The old guys here know exactly what i mean. ;)

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
milan_my_love said:
Marginal. Unfortunately it is so. Even if not precisely. By the time you joined the forum i have had 95% volume of my current post status delivered. I have had some personal challenges to overcome. I did my job as SAPL mod anyway i could last year due to lack of time. In fact i only visited the forum once a week and that to post new thread or to update scores and vice verca. I hadn't had time to even check the community forum. I got back this year, however and i am well and am doing the given role normaly now.

Rather than pointing out "thread merged" , "thread moved" or "thread closed" i do it quietly. (well most of the time anyway) + I was never a 8.91 posts per day free style junkie. The old guys here know exactly what i mean. ;)
When I mentioned ppl who post much less after they became mods I meant gaizka + Italian tsar.
If u ask me users who post quality shouldn’t become mods simply coz they r already doin the forum a favor & we should not give em duties.

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
Yuchen Fish said:
Gaizka and Italian Tsar: They, zZ[-_-]Zz, menon inc, Puppone, Billy1969 (although he was banned), r3dman, Besikaka, San Paolo, crazy4milan, Passion for 9 and Wild contribute the most great posts in my opinion.

You forgot someone :head:

;)

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
Milanista10 said:
I totally have to agrre with you on this one. As a matter of fact, seniority and post count should have nothing to do with the forum. as long as everyone respects everyone, there will be no problems, and alot less bullshit going around.
true man........but den we dont see ne one showing of der post count do we??

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Wild said:
When I mentioned ppl who post much less after they became mods I meant gaizka + Italian tsar.
If u ask me users who post quality shouldn’t become mods simply coz they r already doin the forum a favor & we should not give em duties.
I can assure you my real life job contributed to the condition wherein I post much less. I still feel the same way about the forum, regardless of being a mod or not. My average posts/day remains the same for the last 12-18 months :D Thanks for your concern anyway :)

But another reason why I post a bit less is because nowadays there is simply not enough interesting posts or interesting exchage of ideas anymore, especially in the "Discussion, Matches, Football" threads. You need equally good posts that challenge you to produce something equally good, filled with analysis, facts and original ideas (call me old fashion, but I feel proud or happy whenever I can post something that I believe is good). We need someone to raise our bar.

But sadly at the moment there isn't much around. But when I found it (whether it's a good thread or a good post), then it gets me going.

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
Its very rare now that I read anything here that makes me feel interested enough to respond, seems it's all crap transfer rumors, arguments people complaining about all our players being shit. BORING! :rolleyes:

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
pippoinzag}{i said:
seems it's all about all our players being shit. BORING! :rolleyes:
I was wondering if there's a connection between lesser quality post with the current performance.

adrian_milan

Revolutioners at works !!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano, Pato, Ibra
gaizka22 said:
I was wondering if there's a connection between lesser quality post with the current performance.
I think it is related very much ... The number of the post is increasing whenever Milan win , and the argue is decreasing ...

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
gaizka22 said:
Im sure its something to do with it, people are much more likely to want to post if we are comfortably beating every team we face and morale is sky high.

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
PPL who think there isnt quality posts enough maybe they should try 2 change that + post rather than 2 hide.
In fact , there isnt quality maybe coz they dont post as much.

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
Zed_darkx said:
true man........but den we dont see ne one showing of der post count do we??

stop worrying about your post count!! lol, seriously..that's the problem. people are so worried about their post count, that they spam and post useless things.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wild said:
PPL who think there isnt quality posts enough maybe they should try 2 change that + post rather than 2 hide.
In fact , there isnt quality maybe coz they dont post as much.
That's a bit of expecting too much from them. People post whenever they feel like there's something interesting, created by other people or hopefully by them. If they don't create something interesting, maybe because they're passive - active. Passive when it comes to create but active when something good comes up.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
ads216 said:
I joined this forum in 2002 and here were many football relevant threads plus in the off topic section there were lively debates in a whole bunch of topics and games etc.

Now there are tons of new members but about 90% of the older members do not visit the forum anymore. And if you look at the threads, it's the same thing over and over again. There are so many redundant threads on the exact same topic with very slight variations. and the forum is far less interesting than it used to be.

Even though there were plenty of arguments before, the arguments now seem to be on a much more personal level and insulting men vs. women etc. There are a lot of members who think they can simply write a lot of insulting stuff about whoever they want to without getting banned or warned and this has dramatically reduced the quality of the forum. If you read the older threads, the mods made sure the posts were kept inline with the topic and posting irrelevant stuff or taking the thread in a completely different direction was discouraged. Nowadays, most of the threads start off as onething but along the way, the posts are on things that have nothing to do with the topic.

When this forum was started there were plenty of members who were from Italy and who contributed a hell of a lot to the English forums. But now they never post on the English forums because they say all they see is nasty fighting in the forums instead of actualy repartee there used to be. So they all are confined into the Italian section and do not post anything in the English section anymore.

I think a serious revamping on the policies and the behavior is needed. otherwise the forum will keep getting more and more boring. The diversity of the members is what made this forum interesting but now with the personal attacks and the redundant threads, the forum is losing its attraction.
Some of the veterans are still here amico. ;)

I agree with this commentary though. I usually don't even bother looking for responses to my comments unless about 10 or 11 people have replied to that thread. You knowledgable ones know who you are.

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaizka22 said:
That's a bit of expecting too much from them. People post whenever they feel like there's something interesting, created by other people or hopefully by them. If they don't create something interesting, maybe because they're passive - active. Passive when it comes to create but active when something good comes up.
LOL , so all of u guys r passive –active ?
I mean where did the active-passive went ?

U guys r been lazy or busy(which is ur right by the way).
Show the new + old comers how it should b done rather than 2 leave the forum 4 em + nag.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
One of the reasons I love the word 'Fuck' is because it can have so many different connotations.

Here it happens to concern itself with Mods' apparent lack of interest or lazyness to post after their elevation to the office, which in turn has led to posts drying up.

All of which, I must admit, are partly true :D. I am speaking for myself alone.

But its not a question of Interest. I am as interested and passionate about Milan now as I was before being offered this position.

Its a question of lazyness. Let me be frank here. After becoming a mod, I've not felt the same urge to post as often as I did before I became one. Maybe, it has something to do with the subconscious feeling that there is nothing (or almost nothing) left to prove anymore.

But I have tried not to allow that to interefere with my functions as a moderator, and I have to say that I feel I've been successful so far in that respect.

I've also had some personal issues to sort out of late, and even now, I am posting away from home.

I'll do my best to post more often, as that is what I enjoy most :)

Last edited:

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Exactly + I know exactly what u mean.
And that’s why I said :
Wild said:

When I said active + good users shouldn’t become mods I didn’t mean it in a bad way.
I just felt that a good poster should stay free of duties that might affect his posts

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And by the way , 2 b a good user is much harder + appreciated than 2 b a good mod.

PS : Again , I ask if there is a way 2 eliminate the post count.
I think it’s a way of solving stupid posts.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Well to be fair to Gaizka, he's kept the fire burning from his end even after becoming a mod. It was I who slackened a bit.

But based on recent experiences, I don't think its fair to surmise that good posters should be kept away from positions of responsibility. Not all take the pedal off the gas. People can stagnate. But I believe they'll be just fine in the long run.

Wild said:
And by the way , 2 b a good user is much harder + appreciated than 2 b a good mod.
It better be ;) Everyone knows being a mod is a thankless job :tongue:

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
No good deed ever goes unpunished ;)

takahan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If the moderators find it hard to find time for the forum, maybe you guys shouldn't be moderators.
I think everyone is tense up about the quality of the post.
However is there an universal rule or agreement on what is meant by good quality post?
In my personal opinion a good forum should be a place free for everyone to voice their opinion whelther is the idea stupid or brillant.
The problem of this forum is not lack of quality post, but it is due to lack of fun.

Many forum members including the moderators are acting like Police man, telling people what to do and what not to do and calling people stupid.
I also find that the forums rules are disencouraging people to start new thread. Everyone wants their post to get attention, and not be buried in some other thread ith other topic. What is the big deal of starting a new thread about Gila's red card than to post in the existing Gila's thread.
I see no crime in it and it is pretty boring when we are not allow to open new thread but to dump our opinion in a thread that has many topic.
ie. I wish to wish Gila's good luck, but I got to dump it into the Gila's thread which also consist of other topic from Gila's hater like firing Gila.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Yuchen Fish said:
Kyara: I remembered she posted a lot in every part but i didn't see her long time.. (Especially after Sheva left us, but maybe this is not the reason).
No it's not :)

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
takahan said:
If the moderators find it hard to find time for the forum, maybe you guys shouldn't be moderators.
I think everyone is tense up about the quality of the post.
However is there an universal rule or agreement on what is meant by good quality post?
In my personal opinion a good forum should be a place free for everyone to voice their opinion whelther is the idea stupid or brillant.
The problem of this forum is not lack of quality post, but it is due to lack of fun. Many forum members including the moderators are acting like Police man, telling people what to do and what not to do and calling people stupid.

I also find that the forums rules are disencouraging people to start new thread. Everyone wants their post to get attention, and not be buried in some other thread ith other topic. What is the big deal of starting a new thread about Gila's red card than to post in the existing Gila's thread.
I see no crime in it and it is pretty boring when we are not allow to open new thread but to dump our opinion in a thread that has many topic.
ie. I wish to wish Gila's good luck, but I got to dump it into the Gila's thread which also consist of other topic from Gila's hater like firing Gila.

i agree with the bold part!! BRAVO

but i think the mods we have now are just perfect, they're doing a fantastic job and i think having a official thread for the players is perfect!
like i'm a member in a forum which has abt 40 000 members and 3 mods :eek: :eek: :eek: it's too much mess everywhere and people just does whateva they want! they don't care abt having a forum where they can discuss or find/look for pics and stuff

i love this forums design, colours and the rules! the sig rules are great too even if some people does not obey them because in other forums, the sigs does take away the attention from the post :head:
abt quality posting, people just want to say what they feel, sometimes they post really great and sensible posts other times they just want to say their opinion, thats what a internet forum is for!!!

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Well since the subject has been completly changed:
-I'm also in favour of taking away the post count (or at least hide it). Sometimes, I feel like it preassures the newbies too much that they feel like they have to post any single ridicule thing.
-If mods have a hard time for the forum, then most likely they aren't doing their job the way it should be done (and even the admins, I understand that most of you probably have jobs+other important stuff, but come on, 5 minutes of your day...won't hurt).
-It also doesn't matter if you aren't much around the forum, the important thing is that when you are, you post quality (even if it's only 1 post every month).

That being said, a while back I was looking for an old thread...and got carried away looking at other older threads, and there was a lot of crap too, maybe not direct insults towards the other members, but there were a lot of useless topics..

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
crazy4milan said:
Well since the subject has been completly changed:
-I'm also in favour of taking away the post count (or at least hide it). Sometimes, I feel like it preassures the newbies too much that they feel like they have to post any single ridicule thing.
Why don't they have it so it's only in your profile and not displayed where it shows your join date etc.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The responsibility to keep the good posts coming should not be the responsibility of the mods alone. I take my mods responsibility as a regulator, trying to ensure that the forum is run according to its rules. Not and never as someone who will always contribute to the quality posts of the forum.

I just can't find sufficient words to assure you that my lesser posts is not due to my moderating jobs. It's truly and really because of real life job. I don't know if I've told you guys that I don't have internet connection at home (hell, I don't even have phone connection at home :D) and my sole source of internet is from the office (or internet cafe at weekend, just like when I'm writing this post). And with the sudden increase of work load (won't bore you with what I do) I just can't do it as much as I once did or wanted to. Of course I can sneak around a bit or do it at night when the load is decreasing, but ask any normal working man, they would prefer to go home.

But my point is, my time is becoming limited in the last 3 months. I can still browse around or leave 1-2 one-liner posts that are mostly in off topic.

But whenever I find some very good posts that really fired me up, all I can do is copied it then write my thoughts or response at home (there was one post in the game thread vs Red Star that required 3 hours of my time because I wanted the facts to be correct). Then I will post it the next morning at the office. I know it will be quite late, but that's the least I can do to keep the so-called quality posts running from my side. I am, first and foremost is a member of this forum, who just happenned to be selected as moderator.

As for the overriding urge to erase the post count, I'm all for that.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Kyara said:
No it's not :)
Where were you and what things made you so busy last couple months ?

gaizka22 said:
The responsibility to keep the good posts coming should not be the responsibility of the mods alone. I take my mods responsibility as a regulator, trying to ensure that the forum is run according to its rules. Not and never as someone who will always contribute to the quality posts of the forum.

I just can't find sufficient words to assure you that my lesser posts is not due to my moderating jobs. It's truly and really because of real life job. I don't know if I've told you guys that I don't have internet connection at home (hell, I don't even have phone connection at home :D) and my sole source of internet is from the office (or internet cafe at weekend, just like when I'm writing this post). And with the sudden increase of work load (won't bore you with what I do) I just can't do it as much as I once did or wanted to. Of course I can sneak around a bit or do it at night when the load is decreasing, but ask any normal working man, they would prefer to go home.

But my point is, my time is becoming limited in the last 3 months. I can still browse around or leave 1-2 one-liner posts that are mostly in off topic.

But whenever I find some very good posts that really fired me up, all I can do is copied it then write my thoughts or response at home (there was one post in the game thread vs Red Star that required 3 hours of my time because I wanted the facts to be correct). Then I will post it the next morning at the office. I know it will be quite late, but that's the least I can do to keep the so-called quality posts running from my side. I am, first and foremost is a member of this forum, who just happenned to be selected as moderator.

As for the overriding urge to erase the post count, I'm all for that.
Good !! I just forgot you, BWM, Rex, milan my love are all around 30 or even more, so you have much more important things need to do in the jobs and families. I know Italian Tsar also had some jobs :cool: .
The older people have more logical idea and viewpoint than young students but you are not as free as us.:tongue:

Schedule