The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Community > Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support

Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support Announcements released by administrators, feedback plus solving any problems you have regarding the proper functioning of these forums or the main site.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 25-04-2007, 19:22   #1
Kyara
¤ Il Poeta ¤
 
Kyara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Fav. Players: MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Default Suggestion box

Two years ago (if my memory serves well), we had a change in the forum’s overall layout and last year the Multimedia forum was added. Both changes added value to the boards and revived them for a while, which is why I believe change is good in tedious times and I feel it’s time for a bit of change right now

I doubt that you have much time on your hands David, but I’ve got a few suggestions that I hope will be taken into consideration whenever you’re thinking of additions or updates. Let's keep this thread as a suggestions box whenever we have any new/innovative ideas

There are some wild ideas below; I just let my imagination loose

Suggestions to reduce useless posts and one-liners:

- Why don’t we add a shout box? I know that we’ve already removed the post count but a shout box would fulfill the need for off-topic chit chat and one-liners. That way we can have more of quality posts in the real threads.
- What about a forum chat room? This was suggested by Wild months back. The chat room on the main website doesn’t work anymore and I honestly think it would have more exposure if it’s in the forum.

Suggestions for entertainment (these are pretty heavy so we’d be lucky to have at least one of them fulfilled ):

- The Multimedia forum is great, but searching for certain images and videos becomes a bit difficult after a while especially that the threads tend to get longer and longer. Wouldn’t it be easier & more organized to have an image gallery and a video gallery instead?
o The image gallery: all users should be able to add images and comment on them but 2-3 members are to moderate/supervise, ensure high quality of images and that none are offensive, repeated, etc
o The video gallery: would making it like youtube be too much to ask? I know it requires a lot of web space, but the videos that are already available at youtube, or any other website, can be linked and whatever we have on our hard drives can be uploaded. Again, 2-3 members are to moderate this as well
- AC Milan Online Fantasy Football League: and I’m not talking about posting and calculating the scores manually but having an automated game. I don’t know if there are ready templates for this but we can also merge it with the prediction game so no one has to calculate the scores manually. I’m willing to help if required

- Arcade? The last time I asked, you refused it completely but I’m giving it a try once again

- Star of the forum: give your favorite members a star and see who has the most stars in the forum. So instead of the post count we have a star count I know it’s cheesy but kinda cute

And my brain is exhausted

Anyone else who has suggestions, just shoot

Last edited by Kyara; 25-04-2007 at 21:13.
Kyara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 19:25   #2
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤
 
menon_inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Malaysia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyara
Two years ago (if my memory serves well), we had a change in the forum’s overall layout and last year the Multimedia forum was added. Both changes added value to the boards and revived them for a while, which is why I believe change is good in tedious times and I feel it’s time for a bit of change right now

I doubt that you have much time on your hands David, but I’ve got a few suggestions that I hope will be taken into consideration whenever you’re thinking of additions or updates. Let's keep this thread as a suggestions box whenever we have any new/innovative ideas

There are some wild ideas below; I just let my imagination loose

Suggestions to reduce useless posts and one-liners:

- Why don’t we add a shout box? I know that we’ve already removed the post count but a shout box would fulfill the need for off-topic chit chat and one-liners. That way we can have more of quality posts in the real threads.
- What about a forum chat room? This was suggested by Wild months back. The chat room on the main website doesn’t work anymore and I honestly think it would have more exposure if it’s in the forum.

Suggestions for entertainment (these are pretty heavy so we’d be lucky to have at least one of them fulfilled ):

- The Multimedia forum is great, but searching for certain images and videos becomes a bit difficult after a while especially that the threads tend to get longer and longer. Wouldn’t it be easier & more organized to have an image gallery and a video gallery instead?
o The image gallery: all users should be able to add images and comment on them but 2-3 members are to moderate/supervise, make ensure high quality of images are and that none are offensive, repeated, etc
o The video gallery: would making it like youtube be too much to ask? I know it requires a lot of web space, but the videos that are already available at youtube, or any other website, can be linked and whatever we have on our hard drives can be uploaded. Again, 2-3 members are to moderate this as well
- AC Milan Online Fantasy Football League: and I’m not talking about posting and calculating the scores manually but having an automated game. I don’t know if there are ready templates for this but we can also merge it with the prediction game so no one has to calculate the scores manually. I’m willing to help if required

- Arcade? The last time I asked, you refused it completely but I’m giving it a try once again

- Star of the forum: give your favorite members a star and see who has the most stars in the forum. So instead of the post count we have a star count I know it’s cheesy but kinda cute

And my brain is exhausted

Anyone else who has suggestions, just shoot
Thats a preety impressive come back speech welcome back


Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------



Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 19:28   #3
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon
 
Kalac#16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Leeds, England
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyara
Two years ago (if my memory serves well), we had a change in the forum’s overall layout and last year the Multimedia forum was added. Both changes added value to the boards and revived them for a while, which is why I believe change is good in tedious times and I feel it’s time for a bit of change right now

I doubt that you have much time on your hands David, but I’ve got a few suggestions that I hope will be taken into consideration whenever you’re thinking of additions or updates. Let's keep this thread as a suggestions box whenever we have any new/innovative ideas

There are some wild ideas below; I just let my imagination loose

Suggestions to reduce useless posts and one-liners:


Suggestions for entertainment (these are pretty heavy so we’d be lucky to have at least one of them fulfilled ):

- The Multimedia forum is great, but searching for certain images and videos becomes a bit difficult after a while especially that the threads tend to get longer and longer. Wouldn’t it be easier & more organized to have an image gallery and a video gallery instead?
o The image gallery: all users should be able to add images and comment on them but 2-3 members are to moderate/supervise, make ensure high quality of images are and that none are offensive, repeated, etc
o The video gallery: would making it like youtube be too much to ask? I know it requires a lot of web space, but the videos that are already available at youtube, or any other website, can be linked and whatever we have on our hard drives can be uploaded. Again, 2-3 members are to moderate this as well

- Star of the forum: give your favorite members a star and see who has the most stars in the forum. So instead of the post count we have a star count I know it’s cheesy but kinda cute

And my brain is exhausted

Anyone else who has suggestions, just shoot
The multimedia forum is a good idea with a thread for images and a seperate for videos as the whole thing takes too long to load.
Isn't that 'star of the forum' used on other forums?(Or something similar)
Kalac#16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 19:31   #4
MaldiniISgod
designated hippy
 
MaldiniISgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, Nesta
Default

I pretty much like all of those suggestions.
MaldiniISgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 19:32   #5
crazymilangirl
Busy, Busy, Busy
 
crazymilangirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Europe
Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyara
Suggestions to reduce useless posts and one-liners:

- Why don’t we add a shout box? I know that we’ve already removed the post count but a shout box would fulfill the need for off-topic chit chat and one-liners. That way we can have more of quality posts in the real threads.
- What about a forum chat room? This was suggested by Wild months back. The chat room on the main website doesn’t work anymore and I honestly think it would have more exposure if it’s in the forum.
welcome back


i think the use of a forum is the posts and members...good posts about matches or bad post like what kind of hairdo your gf has
people tend to look back at these posts and laugh etc so i think its kinda the use of the forum and our dear precious memories whne a important member gets 2 weeks ban, her/his trolls usually look back at and read that members old posts and go "wata troll"

i thought that adding a chatwindow or box or whateva you smart people call them would be smart when theres a match
but now there are people who miss the matches and they usually log on and read these 65-75 pages of full match commenting to get the whole match
so it would also be dissapointing to remove that and add a chatbox or whateva

it would just reduce the usage(if you may) of the forum, to like add chat this or chat that because we always have msn, myspace etc for that and ac milan is on myspace, etc so lets use the forum as a forum

im sorry girl, nice suggestions and i bet people agrees with our supermod here but just thought id say what i ment afterall this a public forum where people "publishes" their opinions

welcome back again...nice signature


Signature
With a courage that was more than human he managed to leave a message for the entire world: "Do not submit to exploitation, of any kind; maintain a tenacious grip on veracity; better die with honour than live in shame".
crazymilangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 19:34   #6
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤
 
menon_inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Malaysia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymilangirl
welcome back


i think the use of a forum is the posts and members...good posts about matches or bad post like what kind of hairdo your gf has
people tend to look back at these posts and laugh etc so i think its kinda the use of the forum and our dear precious memories whne a important member gets 2 weeks ban, her/his trolls usually look back at and read that members old posts and go "wata troll"

i thought that adding a chatwindow or box or whateva you smart people call them would be smart when theres a match
but now there are people who miss the matches and they usually log on and read these 65-75 pages of full match commenting to get the whole match
so it would also be dissapointing to remove that and add a chatbox or whateva

it would just reduce the usage(if you may) of the forum, to like add chat this or chat that because we always have msn, myspace etc for that and ac milan is on myspace, etc so lets use the forum as a forum

im sorry girl, nice suggestions and i bet people agrees with our supermod here but just thought id say what i ment afterall this a public forum where people "publishes" their opinions

welcome back again...nice signature
Can we ban CrazyMilanGirl from using emos? She abuses them


Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------



Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 19:40   #7
crazymilangirl
Busy, Busy, Busy
 
crazymilangirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Europe
Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by menon_inc
Can we ban CrazyMilanGirl from using emos? She abuses them
WUAHAHAHHAH why? poor me?
DO NOT POLLUTE KYARA, OUR SUPERMODS, THREAD
post suggestions or we will ban you from the offtopic you spend way too much time here

you were saying?


Signature
With a courage that was more than human he managed to leave a message for the entire world: "Do not submit to exploitation, of any kind; maintain a tenacious grip on veracity; better die with honour than live in shame".
crazymilangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 19:44   #8
Tsar
Banned
 
Tsar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In Exile
Default

I suggest making Tsar a mod.
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 19:54   #9
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤
 
menon_inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Malaysia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar
I suggest making Tsar a mod.
Yupe, Italian Tsar is a mod.


Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------



Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 21:09   #10
SouthClaw
Master of Hadou
 
SouthClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: America
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi
Default

I love the chatbox and chatroom ideas. The chatroom might kill off those match threads during the match though which is not necessarily a bad thing.
SouthClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 21:10   #11
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One
 
Sasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Urrth
Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri
Default

I'm all for the star idea. Nice one Kyara.


Signature

MILAN
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 21:23   #12
Kyara
¤ Il Poeta ¤
 
Kyara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Fav. Players: MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanoMike
I'm all for the star idea. Nice one Kyara.
I know some people would hate that one

No suggestions so far?
Kyara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 21:38   #13
SouthClaw
Master of Hadou
 
SouthClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: America
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyara
I know some people would hate that one

No suggestions so far?
Perhaps a way to upvote or downvote posts by people like they have on digg and reddit.

Like the star idea, it can show which members make better posts and which people make bad ones.

you can show the rating in the profile.

it helps moderators quickly find posts or threads that require action to be taken.
SouthClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 21:43   #14
Besfort
AC Milan Icon
 
Besfort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Republic of Kosovo
Default

I Suggest that a Mod should be Besi Again.
Nice English , nice Guy.


Signature
Besfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 22:00   #15
vani_pirlo_21
AC Milan Legend
 
vani_pirlo_21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LUK
Fav. Players: All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
Default

about the videos that Kyara said maybe it could be a youtube thing... maybe there could be a group of AC Milan-Online so that there we could all post the videos and we can all see them... and it won't jam this site and will be easier for David...

here you can see what the groups are at youtube http://youtube.com/groups_main


Signature

Thanks Hanna!

Last edited by vani_pirlo_21; 25-04-2007 at 22:04.
vani_pirlo_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 22:52   #16
SempreRossoNero
Viaggiatore
 
SempreRossoNero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: tra la Usa, Italia & Thailandia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vani_pirlo_21
about the videos that Kyara said maybe it could be a youtube thing... maybe there could be a group of AC Milan-Online so that there we could all post the videos and we can all see them... and it won't jam this site and will be easier for David...

here you can see what the groups are at youtube http://youtube.com/groups_main
is it possible to make the videos private so other people cant access them if they arent part of the group? we could protect ourselves from youtube banning the highlights that way...


Signature
"YOUR WRONG" - LO TSAR
SempreRossoNero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 01:04   #17
vani_pirlo_21
AC Milan Legend
 
vani_pirlo_21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LUK
Fav. Players: All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SempreRossoNero
is it possible to make the videos private so other people cant access them if they arent part of the group? we could protect ourselves from youtube banning the highlights that way...
yeah it's possible...there's an otion in which only people who have been invited by the founder of the group can see it and post videos and only these members can see details about the group
there's also an option for the videos not to be posted until the founder approves to prevent videos that don't belong


Signature

Thanks Hanna!

Last edited by vani_pirlo_21; 26-04-2007 at 01:08.
vani_pirlo_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 15:45   #18
PRIYO
World Cup Winner
 
PRIYO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Fav. Players: Kaká, Sheva, Sergio Claudio, Ibra.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyara
- Star of the forum: give your favorite members a star and see who has the most stars in the forum. So instead of the post count we have a star count I know it’s cheesy but kinda cute
well, i like this one..but this will lead the forum to another problem, one user to create another user and giving the star to their own account, meaning trolls (p4*9 Mode : ON) will be all over the place..

but, i'm in for the shout box and chat ideas..
PRIYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 16:31   #19
GreatKalu
I still believe!
 
GreatKalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Default

Bring Passion back. She effortlessly kept the frequent posters in the Ronaldo thread in check ... besides, there's a certain edge missing in the forum.
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 16:40   #20
SouthClaw
Master of Hadou
 
SouthClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: America
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot
Bring Passion back. She effortlessly kept the frequent posters in the Ronaldo thread in check ... besides, there's a certain edge missing in the forum.
She's like a cat you get hoping that it will take care of pests. But you end up having to put up with the constant moaning, scratching everything and generally stinking up the joint.
SouthClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:41.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.