The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 22-03-2021, 11:59   #741
Hitchens
Trophies incoming

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Kudos to Savo for confronting the wrath of Wild.

Signature
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 12:07   #742
Hitchens
Trophies incoming

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Signature
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 14:07   #743
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario

We did a nice game.. slow, same defensive issues as always, we can't stay compact for more than 1 minute, can't roll the ball for much longer either.. it worthed for the 3 points.

Signature
Australiano1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 15:39   #744
Milan10
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
Swear to god if we don?t buy him I?ll hurt myself
Milan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 15:44   #745
blacki
Rookie

question is if he is willing to stay here
blacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 15:53   #746
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savo View Post
You're quite off base on a lot here.

1 - Romagnoli is injured so not sure you can say this is a purely objective call to start Tomori over Romagnoli right now...

2 - Agreed on Brahim

3 - Kalulu has been quite bad in recent games at right back and his crosses have been abysmal, so while he has potential to be awesome, he's hardly a better option to Dalot... if anything it's equal (when playing on the right that is, as for some reason when Dalot is on the left he's very solid)

4 - Tonali is not the culprit for the goal, Kessie was primarily to blame since he didn't mark Ribery as he was close to him and allowed him to get away from him in the box and was forced into a late slide tackle since he was too far away and Ribery buried it. Kessie has been amazing this season but he's not without fault.
1- I was talking in general about Roma's situation.
Its obvious that Pioli is favoring Tomo over him.
But he is taking it easy potecting our unity.
Said it since day one , Maldini seems like moving on from Roma & Tomo didnt just happen to play LCD.

3- Kalulu was never as bad as Dalot was.
But lets say they are equally bad , would still start Kalu since he is our player with potential to grow.

4- I didnt say the goal was Tona's fault & its why i wrote "attitude".
Kessie went full stretsh to block the shot while Tona went balerina mode.
I like the Tona that double blocked with Tomo just few days ago.

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 15:59   #747
Master Smurf
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacki View Post
Why would he want to go back to Chelsea? The cache of playing for a resurgent Milan that will be in CL will speak for itself.

Maldini has already impressed upon him, he is an open and cultured man and he knows what could be his immediate future...
*cues the highlight reel of Thiago Silva

Milan can make him larger than playing for practically any English club
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 16:27   #748
kevin_dk
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
Zero games
You lost count too.
kevin_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 17:05   #749
taura
Attaccareeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacki View Post
There's no reason for him to go back to Chelsea. They've got Christensen, Rudiger, Zouma, TS, Azpi, Malang Sarr on loan, Ampadu on loan and another dude at Swansea who is rated quite highly. Would you really want to leave your starting spot in Italy to go back go UK and play under a manager you never met while having a ton of competiton (i highly doubt he'd make it to the first 11 considering how well Christensen, Rudiger and Zouma/Azpi are playing together)
taura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 17:38   #750
Master Smurf
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

Quote:
Originally Posted by taura View Post
There's no reason for him to go back to Chelsea. They've got Christensen, Rudiger, Zouma, TS, Azpi, Malang Sarr on loan, Ampadu on loan and another dude at Swansea who is rated quite highly. Would you really want to leave your starting spot in Italy to go back go UK and play under a manager you never met while having a ton of competiton (i highly doubt he'd make it to the first 11 considering how well Christensen, Rudiger and Zouma/Azpi are playing together)
Thats the thing in England - for the money teams they just overload and swap out players like flavour of the month so certain players dont get to develop fully and good players get pushed off to lower clubs quickly then when the shiny new toy starts making similar mistakes the merry go round continues to spin.

Its why I said that he wouldnt really stand out at most teams there because they actually devalue the players by making fans believe they are all interchangeable.
Old 22-03-2021, 17:52   #751
taura
Attaccareeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Smurf View Post
Thats the thing in England - for the money teams they just overload and swap out players like flavour of the month so certain players dont get to develop fully and good players get pushed off to lower clubs quickly then when the shiny new toy starts making similar mistakes the merry go round continues to spin.

Its why I said that he wouldnt really stand out at most teams there because they actually devalue the players by making fans believe they are all interchangeable.
Yep..but delusional Chelsea fans are still saying "he's got the last word, I think he would rather come back to his youth academy club" yaddi yadda..if we decide to exercise the option I dont think there's any doubt that Tomori will say yes to staying here
taura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 20:32   #752
Raghav
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho

I dont think theres even a slight doubt that Tomori is staying at Milan. You can see how much he is integrated into the team already when you see how he celebrates with his teammates.

Also , which defender can say no to Paolo. They will just melt and bend over.
Raghav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2021, 04:46   #753
yonggoh
Smoker

Fav. Players: Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav View Post
I dont think theres even a slight doubt that Tomori is staying at Milan. You can see how much he is integrated into the team already when you see how he celebrates with his teammates.

Also , which defender can say no to Paolo. They will just melt and bend over.
The professional and footballing sensibilities lead to a yes for his permanently move.

But let?s not forget he is an Englishman who may still have personal and social ties in London that he may need to contemplate before moving his entire life to a new country that he is still only learning the language and customs. Plus you can be certain that Chelsea has his number and can easily reach out to him an improved contract offer. He is still their player at this stage.

Signature
yonggoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2021, 10:15   #754
doraemon
One and Only

Fav. Players: Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonggoh View Post
The professional and footballing sensibilities lead to a yes for his permanently move.

But let?s not forget he is an Englishman who may still have personal and social ties in London that he may need to contemplate before moving his entire life to a new country that he is still only learning the language and customs. Plus you can be certain that Chelsea has his number and can easily reach out to him an improved contract offer. He is still their player at this stage.
If we start using personal and social ties as reasons, then players won't leave their own respective country to play football
doraemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2021, 10:21   #755
Nalim
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Smurf View Post

It?s a very big part of Chelsea?s business model loaning out tons of homegrown talent and selling players for big profit even though they?ve never even set foot on the Bridge. And even though they?ve made some huge mistakes in the past by letting go of players too early (i.e. De Bruyne and Salah) this model is one I wouldn?t mind copied by Gazidis & Co. in the future.

What you?re describing is actually not far from the mentality of RnB. Let?s not forget that Romagnoli has been fan favorite #1 since his arrival at the club.
I?ve seen him described as world class numerous times... He never deserved the amounts of praise he got, just like he doesn?t deserve the shit he?s getting now.
Tomori brings something very different and much needed to the team, and he has rightfully earned a starting spot in the team. That being said I?m happy if Maldini sees out the rest of season before making any final decisions
Nalim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2021, 12:19   #756
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Rage - > Cheer - > Rage --> Cheer

repeat for ? 90 minutes.

Brilliant game though

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2021, 13:33   #757
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Rage - > Cheer - > Rage --> Cheer

repeat for ? 90 minutes.

Brilliant game though
Haha so true!

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2021, 19:59   #758
yonggoh
Smoker

Fav. Players: Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by doraemon View Post
If we start using personal and social ties as reasons, then players won't leave their own respective country to play football
Well it has been widely publicised that angel de Maria never adapted to life in Manchester which was a key reason he put in a transfer request which was duly granted. There?s always the human element to consider on why players can be unsettled.

I hope tomori signs tho. He has been immense for us.

Signature
yonggoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2021, 02:07   #759
Master Smurf
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonggoh View Post
Well it has been widely publicised that angel de Maria never adapted to life in Manchester which was a key reason he put in a transfer request which was duly granted. There?s always the human element to consider on why players can be unsettled.

I hope tomori signs tho. He has been immense for us.
Apparently it was because he had a house break-in that shook him and his family up. They were talking about it when the PSG players got also broken into (of which Di Maria was one).
Old 24-03-2021, 19:20   #760
vB9
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Little burglaries dont make players change clubs. Guy didnt fit in well with the group and LVG didnt make things any easier on the pitch.

More than everything his missus hated Mcr.

Signature
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Galli, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Donadoni, Pirlo, R10, R9, Rivaldo, Baggio, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
vB9 is offline   Reply With Quote