Champions League Group Stage: Liverpool FC - AC Milan 15/09/2021 21:00 CET

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
What a game, just a shame about the result but hopefully we will learn and improve from this. Liverpool are arguably one of the top 4-5 teams in Europe and at times we made them look ordinary.

At the beginning I thought we were gonna get smashed. Thankfully Mike did a great double save on the penalty and we gained some confidence in the game. We scored two fantastic goals and carved their defence open.

We just didn't have the luck or the killer instinct to finish the game. Liverpool got a deflected first goal, a very weak penalty and our 3rd goal which was chalked off for a marginal offside. If we go 3-1 up just after the re-start we wouldn't have lost this game. Even at the death we were getting into promising positions. We didn't lose our way or get embarrassed.

We will grow from this I'm sure.

Forza Milan!

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What a game, just a shame about the result but hopefully we will learn and improve from this. Liverpool are arguably one of the top 4-5 teams in Europe and at times we made them look ordinary.

At the beginning I thought we were gonna get smashed. Thankfully Mike did a great double save on the penalty and we gained some confidence in the game. We scored two fantastic goals and carved their defence open.

We just didn't have the luck or the killer instinct to finish the game. Liverpool got a deflected first goal, a very weak penalty and our 3rd goal which was chalked off for a marginal offside. If we go 3-1 up just after the re-start we wouldn't have lost this game. Even at the death we were getting into promising positions. We didn't lose our way or get embarrassed.

We will grow from this I'm sure.

Forza Milan!

lol did you watch the game, they were all over us except the last 5 minutes of the first half and probably the first 3 in the second, i believe the result flatter us considering how many chances they wasted , i really hoped for a better performance , however i don't blame the guys, first game in the CL against liverpool at anfiled will make any team crumble, i hope it will make us grow as a team that's all, i think this is the most difficult game on the group, liverpool is not as strong outside their field so i hope starting from Atletico we can bounce back at the san siro because any mistake can be fatal.

i think mike and tomori performance were the best, diaz and rebic less so, the rest just didn't know what to do most of the game, especially kessie and theo.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Salah's pressing was really impressive, and he was back defending, intercepting several balls and passes. Leao was good today, but he looked like he ran out of gas. I dunno what English teams do, but we need to get that level of physicality into our team. Liverpool did to us what we do to other Italian teams.

As others have pointed out, the Milan players covered a longer distance(by 3km, which is A LOT).
Also tackled more, and pressed more often.

Liverpool players didn't run out of gas as quickly as Milan players because they were better at maintaining and regaining possession.

In Serie A we normally face clubs with inferior pressure. Last weekend Lazio players ran themselves into the ground by outdoing Milan in quantity, and saw nothing positive in return because Milan players pressed, attacked and defended more effectively.

Overall, I think we have many players with remarkable stamina. A lot of Man U fans were amazed by how we were able to sustain intense pressure for almost the entirety of the 180 min tie. They were not used to seeing this in EPL.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
100 page threads back on R&B forums is nice after like what almost 10 years?

:proud:

Now if only we can add new members

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
E_ee4F_XsAEUn8F

average position of our players

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
100 page threads back on R&B forums is nice after like what almost 10 years?

:proud:

Now if only we can add new members

Forums are now dead, no new members will join. They’ll join Twitter or Reddit

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Crespo second
Inzaghi first
Diaz goal

Timestamp by minutes/seconds?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
E_ee4F_XsAEUn8F

average position of our players

Average position is mostly a meaningless thing. Look at Rebic. They average his position even though he changed position. A player that plays LB one half and then switches to RB the second half will have his average position showing he was a CB.