Brahim Abdelkader Diaz Thread

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
In September 26th, 2016 the forward signed a contract with Real Madrid that nets him a whopping salary of 3.5 Million Euro (2.9 Million Pound) per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns ?2,371 (?2,013) per day and ?99 (?84) per hour!

He signed his first professional contract at Manchester City in 2016. This contract ensured him an annual salary of 480.000 Euro (416.000 Pound). His current Net Worth is estimated at 8 Million Euro (7.6 Million Pound). The youngster moved in 2019 from Manchester City to Real Madrid. Now in 2020, he is about to join one of the greatest clubs in the world, AC Milan. The question on everyones lips remains: will he be better than Saelemakers?

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
This is not official yet.

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
He looks tiny in that clip. How tall is he?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He looks like he's playing too far away from the box. A second-striker who has been given midfield and winger assignments. I can see why he failed to make an impact at Real, even as sub, despite looking like he has enormous potential.
But he would face the same issues in our 4-2-3-1.

I think he has potential of consistently breaking the low block as fantasista like Cassano used to do for Sampdoria and us even in Ibra's absence.
But that would require a system change and lots of patience.

Dry loan for a kid who is no stop-gap solution? Fuck that.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

This is seriously impressive....damn i can see why Real want a dry loan.

loan with 25m option and 50 m buyback for Madrid worst case...

but I trust Paolo to squeeze out something better.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
He looks perfect for our needs.

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
This player has great potential but Real Madrid is stack heavily with similar talent as well and should sell to Milan or at least loan out.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Real certainly have some of our players on the radar.
Bennacer first comes to mind, they need replacement for Modrić .

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Welcome Diaz!!

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Brahim Diaz said it is an honour to represent Milan and inherit Zlatan Ibrahimovics 21 jersey, while Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane advised him to play in Serie A.

The creative midfielder arrived on loan from Real Madrid, although an option to buy will probably be discussed along with a counter-option later in the season.

My first impressions of being a Milan player are very positive. You can really tell what kind of club AC Milan is,? the 21-year-old told the official Rossoneri website.

It?s a privilege to be playing for such a big club with an incredible history and its clear how much the fans love their team.

Brahim is the second Real Madrid player to join Milan after Theo Hernandez, who made the ?20m transfer last year.

I havent had the chance to talk to Theo Hernandez yet, but I expect he?ll give me a warm welcome in our first training session together. He?s played for Real Madrid too, so he knows how it feels and now we?re both in Italy.

I think that I?ll settle in pretty quickly, because it?s an incredible group of players.

Although he joined Real Madrid in January 2019 for ?17m, Brahim spent most of his career at Manchester Citys youth academy.

I worked with coaches like Pep Guardiola and Zidane, and I know they both played in Italy, but my last coach at Madrid was Zidane and he was really kind to me. He spoke highly of Italy and Serie A, while he really likes the city of Milan too.

He?ll wear the 21 jersey, inherited from Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who has now taken on the iconic Nine.

Wearing the shirt that Ibrahimovic wore last season is an honour and also a lot of pressure, because he is a Milan icon, but Im happy with that and Ill wear that shirt with passion.

Above all, I want to play good football and entertain the Rossoneri fans. I think theyll most appreciate my hard work, as I dont believe talent is enough.

Hopefully, well have fun together with the runs that I make, both on the wings and through the centre. Its all about balance on the pitch.

Im sure we?ll have a great year together.

"I want to entertain the Rossoneri fans"

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Good skills and passing, but needs to adapt his game, he can't keep falling down.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
so far he is suso 2.0, left footed, small, loves to dribble, spanish, kind of slow

But hope he can prove us wrong

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
He has only had 1 training session with us. To even think of judging him based of yesterdays game, good or bad, would not be fair

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
20 mins in a game after signing a day before but he is already Suso 2.0 :lol:

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
He got butchered by the Monza players a few times, but that'll only toughen him up and make him seasoned for a year in Italy. He'll be a good option to have if he could combine his technique with some grinta.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
He is in for a tough awakening.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Welcome to Milan.
Help us return to the top.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
His entourage must have great faith in his ability, or massively underestimate Hakan and Samu if they think a dry loan stint at Milan was the right career move for him.

Or they're planning to cancel the loan by January if he isn't playing regularly by then.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
His entourage must have great faith in his ability, or massively underestimate Hakan and Samu if they think a dry loan stint at Milan was the right career move for him.

Or they're planning to cancel the loan by January if he isn't playing regularly by then.

By January we will have played 22 official games with an average of 1,5 per week. I think he will play enough.

The question that probably all parties involved couldn't answer is whether he at his current level will be a massive upgrade or just a rotation player. Probably this is the reason they weren't able to set the value for the right of redemption, but according to newspaper they will discuss again in January.

Also, the player still dreams of playing for Real Madrid, but if things goes well, he will fall in love with the team and push for a permament move.

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
I think he can be very interesting in a CAM role back up to Hakan, but even then he has Paqueta to challenge (I'm hoping that pushes Paqueta more). On RW, I still think Saladman is preferred as back up because he helps balance the team. No chance he starts over Samu.

However if we can push through in Europa league and Coppa Italia, Brahim is the kind of depth we desperately need, even if it is just one year.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
By January we will have played 22 official games with an average of 1,5 per week. I think he will play enough.

I don't think EL games and late subs in Serie A will be enough.
He's 21 and has barely any match experience.
He should prioritize minutes.
A dry loan stint at Milan doesn't seem like the safest bet.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I dont think it was wise to bring this guy. I'd rather have us pursue a veteran. We are essentially replacing Bonaventura who was the leader of midfield. Hakan is our most experienced midfielder and he has hardly ever played a real tough game.

I would have liked us to press on Modric more and possibly to reap the rewards of Bobans efforts.

Schedule