Philippe Senderos Thread

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
drucurl said:
I'm sure that's how:
Barca (Zambrotta)
Chel$ki ($hitchel$ki)
Real (Emerson)
Arsenal (Senderos)
Racing Santander (Grimi)
Inter (Favalinho)
-all view it that way :o
Grimi was never at Racing Santander - it was Club Racing, in Argentina. Racing Santander is in Spain.

Wolfpac4Life

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.Baggio, Van Basten, Maradona
At least we havent paid anything for him.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
genc said:
Well I sincerely dont understand all the critisism for Sanderos he's not a fucking Superstar but he's a solid defender had a bad season bad any player can have a bad season he's 23 , a yungster captured from Arsene Wenger we all know what a scary judge of talent the man is :D and he had a great games against us last year so I think we cannot complain about anything about the Mercato besides the keeper.
We're mad because other than Nesta we have NO superstars in defense....maybe Zambrotta at his best (which seems to be a memory tbh) but there's no one....that means FIVE (5) average players....nearly half the team if Nesta's out....you must understand that we'd be disappointed after having -Cafu/Stam-Nesta-Maldini-Serginho/Kaladze- Maybe it's because we're spoiled or maybe it's because a world class team is supposed to have world class players.
ManU - Neville-Ferdinand-Vidic-Evra (1 shit player)
Chelski- Bosingwa-Terry-Carvalho-A.Cole (0 )
Inter - Maicon/zanetti-Chivu-Cordoba-Maxwell (0 )
Barca- Alves :mad: -Puyol-G.Milito-Sylvinho (0)
Real- Ramos-Pepe-Metzelder-Drenthe (0)

Why should we be forced to put up with:
-Zambrotta-Nesta-Kaladze-Janku (1.5 good players)
??

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
radioactivenerd said:
Grimi was never at Racing Santander - it was Club Racing, in Argentina. Racing Santander is in Spain.
My bad ...got the Racings mixed up....there's also an Arsenal and an Inter down there (S.A)too....that would have been more embarrassing :tongue:

x__player

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
drucurl said:
We're mad because other than Nesta we have NO superstars in defense....maybe Zambrotta at his best (which seems to be a memory tbh) but there's no one....that means FIVE (5) average players....nearly half the team if Nesta's out....you must understand that we'd be disappointed after having -Cafu/Stam-Nesta-Maldini-Serginho/Kaladze- Maybe it's because we're spoiled or maybe it's because a world class team is supposed to have world class players.

??

I dont agree with you man. We may not have the best defence in the world but now when zambrotta joined us and janku is playing really good I think we have a good defence if Nesta is in starting lineup.

As for comparing different defenders from different teams - A.Cole isnt that great, G.Milito sucked big time last year and Syvinho is just shit, Drenthe and Metzelder arent good too, so dont be too harsh on our defence. Inter doesnt have that strong defence also.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
sylvinho, maxwell, drenth r not better than zambro... especially defensively. but point taken..... it could be worse.... we could be starting....

zebina--leggrotallie--cheillini--molinaro

then again... cheillini is better than any defender we have sans nesta. Thats what a younf prospect should be!

I'm still feeling good, senderos could be a top teir player. I rate him as best signing behind flamini and ronadinho because he is (uhoh i'm gonna say the taboo word management says) YOUNG and promising. Cheillini, pepe are the only young world class cb. Sendoros might develop into one. He may also not. But consider the mercato closes in 7 days, how many options do we have...

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
So Evra, Neville, Bosingwa, Cashly, Maicon, Milito, Sylvinho, Pepe and Drenthe are excellent superstar players according to you?

Give me a break.

Zambrotta is an excellent player, and was first choice in the Superstar Giga Mega team of Barca you pointed out.

Nesta, well nuff said.

Kaladze has always been a solid player, and I remember quite a few clubs were interested in him, including Manchester United. Though he has his moments, I trust him to carry the day.

Janku is a player I always held in high regard, even before he came here. Though weaker defensively, he contributes a lot to the offensive side of the team with both crosses and shots. And his dribbling is quite good, so is his speed. The only problem with him are his injuries. If it weren't for them, he'd be a fucking superstar by now.

Wolfpac4Life

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And another point, the defence/goalkeeper should always take priority over the other areas. What's the point of trying to make a dream front-line when we just as easily concede goals as score them? You would think that Italy would be the last place where such a mistake would be made. Man, these are tough times to be a Milan fan.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
x__player said:
I dont agree with you man. We may not have the best defence in the world but now when zambrotta joined us and janku is playing really good I think we have a good defence if Nesta is in starting lineup.

As for comparing different defenders from different teams - A.Cole isnt that great, G.Milito sucked big time last year and Syvinho is just shit, Drenthe and Metzelder arent good too, so dont be too harsh on our defence. Inter doesnt have that strong defence also.

no i'll disagree w/ you on inter. Maicon is best defensive RB in world, and very good going forward. Cordoba, chivu r both quality. you just need to look at there goals allowed to figure it out. and they did that w/ materazzi playing alot :-D

as for a.cole. He's good but thats typical epl bis. english players like ferdinand and terry or rooney and scholes get soooo many bs calls in england. i mean look at champions league final. i'd say carvahlo and more so vidic were more impressive than there english international counterparts. I'm thinking this could work to senderos' advantage. He wasnt awful, everyone just remembers champions league game where he mismarked torres.... something many many cb's do :-D

genc

Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini - Boban - Van Basten - Nesta - Ronaldo - Ronaldinho
drucurl said:

??

Man UTD 1 WC (VIDIC)
CHELSKI 4 WC
INTER 2 (Chivu,Maicon)
BARCA com'on G milito a WC, Sylinho a WC gimme a break dude

It;s True we need a WC defender and that is gonna com next season for Sure afer Maldini ritires considering it's Maldini's Last season he DESERVES to Play as much as his Body Alows him and you cannot expect from a WC defender that webuy and Bench him , at least thats my opinion.

Critisiseing Menagment thats ok cuz thats what fans do but not saying stupid shit Like they need a brain they need glasses and so on remember the 5 CHL they won its true that they fucked up last year in Mercato but this year its a different story as Time will tell when we lift that SCUDETO

x__player

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Milano84 said:
no i'll disagree w/ you on inter. Maicon is best defensive RB in world, and very good going forward. Cordoba, chivu r both quality. you just need to look at there goals allowed to figure it out. and they did that w/ materazzi playing alot :-D

as for a.cole. He's good but thats typical epl bis. english players like ferdinand and terry or rooney and scholes get soooo many bs calls in england. i mean look at champions league final. i'd say carvahlo and more so vidic were more impressive than there english international counterparts. I'm thinking this could work to senderos' advantage. He wasnt awful, everyone just remembers champions league game where he mismarked torres.... something many many cb's do :-D

Maicon is good but not the best out there. As for Chivu and Cordoba - they are quality but certainly not Nesta quality. Maxwell isnt good defensively.

And something to add about Chelsea - Bosingwa hasnt proven anything yet. He has potential and he played good 2 games but we will have to wait and see.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
To Start With, Drenthe usually is playing in the Left Midfield For Real Madrid. While Marcelo and Toress play as Lb's(Marcelo is very good)

Actually, Drucurl has a point there, that I totally aprove with!

We Can sometimes Be very very unbalanced!
With An Attacking Force considered one of the best, mostly because we are loaded with Good Players, 3 Are/Were Very Good Players, In addition to very some players that are very promising.

While Looking at the defence, eventhough senderos may give us some little hope, we still seem very week.
With Zambrotta as a Rb(I would prefer Bonera On Him) And With kaladze(Not good constant Performances. Nesta(Injured). Maldini(just simply can't play that much.Jankolvski(Not Bad). Senderos( I will not judge till i see)
In addition to all that, We Are Getting Very Old in the Defensive Line. :o The only player that can give us some help thier is Flamini I think.
Whoever Said That Ashley Cole isn't good :o , well Watch EPL, cuz he is one of the best right now!

Right now, i think it is impossible to get somebody in the quality of a WC Defender, hopefully we will get near there in the Winter Transfer Window.
Thumbs Up! :star:

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
I really think Senderos has the talent and physique to be a World Class defender but his problem is he is not well-prepeard psychological and cant hold in his shoulder the expectation.

genc

Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
drucurl said:

??

And remember Defence was not the Weakest Area last season, attack was!!

and you also have to remember that milan does not have FLASHY chelski and real madrid transfer campaigns who fail in every second player they buy thats what makes milan more of a Unique Club we've got the many but arent so dumb to pay 30 mil for DRENTHE or MALUDA type of players :D

x__player

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Last season A.Cole sucked and I watch EPL very much + my friend is a fan of Chelsea and he too admited A.Cole isnt what he was with Arsenal. Just look at his performance overview from last year. But dont get me wrong, I am not saying he doesnt posses qualities.

genc

Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Soldier said:
With Zambrotta as a Rb(I would prefer Bonera On Him)
Are you INSANE BOY :eek:
You would prefer Bonera to Zambrota :head:
Zambrota who last season Kept C.Ronaldo in his pocket for 180 minutes

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Jivara said:
who wouldnt?

btw, why are people comparing him to stam? because he is bald and his name starts with the letter S? their style is totally different... stam was a beast, attackers never wanted to go near him, they would prefer to try nesta instead of going to stam simply because he looked frightening, senderos is just a wall that can be solid but can also be broken if you know how to do it, also stam was much more versatile, he was very good at RB while senderos is limited to CB, hopefully he can put in solid performances this season so we can evaluate him better

I was just comparing him to Stam in that if he succeeds it'll be as the strong, dominant foil to Nesta's intelligence. It was an "optimistic" comparison to say the least, I know! :tongue:

genc

Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Here is the proffile of Sanderose in Arsenal Official web and has some interesting fact's on it.

It's hard to recall a better centre-half performance from last season than Philippe's display against Milan in the Champions League.

The Swiss defender tends to be judged on his rare mistakes but he was outstanding after replacing the injured Kolo Toure after seven minutes of the first leg against the reigning European champions. Philippe snuffed out the threat of Kaka, Alexandre Pato and company before repeating the trick in the San Siro 13 days later.

Philippe's tenacity, aerial power and will to win are valuable assets. Also he tends to thrive when he gets a run in the side. That was certainly the case at the start of last season when William Gallas was unavailable and Philippe contributed to six clean sheets in his first eight games. He made 31 appearances in total during the 2007/08 campaign and popped up with a couple of goals too.

It's easy to forget that Philippe is still a young player because he seems to have been around for a while, not just at Arsenal but at international level too. He was part of the Swiss defence which did not concede a goal at the 2006 World Cup and played every minute of his country's campaign at Euro 2008.

Wolfpac4Life

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He also ended-up keeping Sol Campbell out of the side a couple of years ago when he replaced him due to injury. Given time Senderos can develop into an excellent CB if he improves his composure/consistency and irons out his tendency to commit howlers but he's too much of a gamble for me (at Milan anyway).

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
This is what I expected, but not what I wanted. He's not good and he's not shit at the same time. Good luck Philippe, don't let anyone get to Abbiati.

Diavolo_7

Il Diavolo Siciliano
Reaction score
As I said in another thread (The Commode maybe) I'm not sure Senderos is any better than Bonera or Kaladze, but the more I thought about it the more I realized that this isn't necessarily a bad thing. I mean there's only a week left in the transfer season and if Nesta is out for any extended period of time, anyone who is brought in is going to be a downgrade. A 23-year-old with CL, WC, and Euro experience isn't the worst thing we could've done, and this is coming from someone who initially thought the idea of even considering Senderos was insane. And no I didn't drink any kool-aid I simply took a step back and thought about it logically. Would it have been better to add no CB? No. Were any of the other mentioned names any better (and I'm not talking about either of the Silvas or Zapata because those were either bullsh*t or unrealistic rumors). The answer's no. And if he's as bad as some of us fear he could be, he's gone after this year.

As for the Arsenal fans being happy to see him shipped off, I was one of the people who used this as a reason to not get too excited about the prospects of landing Senderos, but remember that sometimes fans tend to notice and remember the deficiencies of their own players more than those from other teams. We've all done it with Kaladze, Bonera, etc. I mean Arsenal fans are willing to carry Senderos' bags to the airport but are welcoming Silvestre with open arms???

Of course, I reserve the right to change my opinion if Galliani uses the Senderos acquisition as an excuse to not go after a Zapata or someone else of his caliber next summer...

x__player

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Arsenal fans are split too you know. Some are saying he should go and some that he is a great prospect and that he should stay.

Some guy on their forum wrote it nicely: "I think he'll do good at Milan. He'll learn more from real world class defenders like Nesta and Maldini than he could ever learn from someone like Gallas." I hope he is right! Forzaaa!

genc

Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diavolo_7 said:
As I said in another thread (The Commode maybe) I'm not sure Senderos is any better than Bonera or Kaladze, but the more I thought about it the more I realized that this isn't necessarily a bad thing. I mean there's only a week left in the transfer season and if Nesta is out for any extended period of time, anyone who is brought in is going to be a downgrade. A 23-year-old with CL, WC, and Euro experience isn't the worst thing we could've done, and this is coming from someone who initially thought the idea of even considering Senderos was insane. And no I didn't drink any kool-aid I simply took a step back and thought about it logically. Would it have been better to add no CB? No. Were any of the other mentioned names any better (and I'm not talking about either of the Silvas or Zapata because those were either bullsh*t or unrealistic rumors). The answer's no. And if he's as bad as some of us fear he could be, he's gone after this year.

As for the Arsenal fans being happy to see him shipped off, I was one of the people who used this as a reason to not get too excited about the prospects of landing Senderos, but remember that sometimes fans tend to notice and remember the deficiencies of their own players more than those from other teams. We've all done it with Kaladze, Bonera, etc. I mean Arsenal fans are willing to carry Senderos' bags to the airport but are welcoming Silvestre with open arms???

Of course, I reserve the right to change my opinion if Galliani uses the Senderos acquisition as an excuse to not go after a Zapata or someone else of his caliber next summer...
Totally agree with you
And than of course we cannot rule out that maybe it was the Player that wanted out.

panov

Primavera
Reaction score
The worst buying of the summer.The only positive thing is that he is coming on loan.I only hope that he won't play the crucial games for us and Nesta recovers as soon as possible.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Marcus said:
Give me a break.

Zambrotta is an excellent player, and was first choice in the Superstar Giga Mega team of Barca you pointed out.

Zambrotta had two poor years at Barca and any Barca fan will tell you that. He did not look good in the Euro's. While he is so much better than Oddo, Milan surely could of went younger at that position.

Diavolo_7

Il Diavolo Siciliano
Reaction score
Bes said:
080609-Philippe-Senderos-Feusisberg.jpg

at least he can do something

Hopefully with him being in the fashion capital of Europe now he can get himself a nicer man-purse. ;)

Very OT I know, but I couldn't resist... :D

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
genc said:
Are you INSANE BOY :eek:
You would prefer Bonera to Zambrota :head:
Zambrota who last season Kept C.Ronaldo in his pocket for 180 minutes
Teenager Please,
Zambrotta underperformed past 2 years with Barcelona.
However, he might have owned C.R 7, but he was Completely Crap offensive wise in all his other matches!
Bonera Is a Much Better When it Comes to Offense, and a Overall better Package(Offensive + Defensive) than Zambrotta. Zambrotta Is very good defensively and Only defensively, I agree!

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Soldier said:
Teenager Please,
Zambrotta underperformed past 2 years with Barcelona.
However, he might have owned C.R 7, but he was Completely Crap offensive wise in all his other matches!
Bonera Is a Much Better When it Comes to Offense, and a Overall better Package(Offensive + Defensive) than Zambrotta. Zambrotta Is very good defensively and Only defensively, I agree!
you are mixed up, its bonera whos better defensively, and zambrotta better offensively.

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Redman10 said:
Zambrotta had two poor years at Barca and any Barca fan will tell you that. He did not look good in the Euro's. While he is so much better than Oddo, Milan surely could of went younger at that position.

like grosso? :D

Schedule