Matias Silvestre Thread

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I think the squad size has more to do with what allegri wants...iirc he said he wanted to trim it down to around 24 players

I think we need to dump a lot of the players that arent good enough quality and not bring in replacements.

if there is an injury crisis let the youth team get their chances instead of mediocre backups

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Hopefully, it'll be him AND Acerbi!!!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Hmm ... I think his stock has gone down after this thread. Just read inter forum :lol:

dilllb

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I like him.

I like Silvestre a lot btw, since his Boca years. He was more of a ball breaker and physical player at the time - Daniel Diaz was the leader of the defense. Now he seems to be evolved to a much more complete and tactical player

seems to be a very good player

i hope berlu catches him for us

Fo thoose who have seen them playing who is better Silvestre or Ogbonna??

Silvestre by far. He's a proven Serie A player, Ogbonna for all we know could be a one day fly.

Hopefully, it'll be him AND Acerbi!!!

Trolling at its finest.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Trolling at its finest.

How so?

That's reality. He was great for Catania and Palermo.

He had a bad year in a team that makes everyone looks bad.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Trolling at its finest.

He was good before joining Inter. That club can turn anyone talented to crap.

I think he'll be good again.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
in 2 years we're going to laugh about the Astori comments

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli didnt look good for Inter either, but most seem pretty excited about him...

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
Zamparini on Silvestre: "we sold him not because of money, but because we didn't like him. He cost us many goals, so that's why we gave him to Inter"

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zamparini on Silvestre: "we sold him not because of money, but because we didn't like him. He cost us many goals, so that's why we gave him to Inter"

from the man that pretty much destroyed Palermo the last 5 years...

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
BTW, wasn't Preziosi almost buying this guy? Galliani hijacked the deal? Or Genoa is involved in some way?

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
from the man that pretty much destroyed Palermo the last 5 years...

but destroyed inter by giving away silvestre to them.. :lol:

literally it will be worst buy of the century if we sign him.. he can score goals but he is a total disaster in defence.

we gonna miss boneray

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
but destroyed inter by giving away silvestre to them.. :lol:

literally it will be worst buy of the century if we sign him.. he can score goals but he is a total disaster in defence.

we gonna miss boneray

he was great in Catania. he has ability. for cheap he would be an excellent pickup

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
How bad did Ranocchia look in that horrible set up? As a depth player, it isn't the worst deal. Another Yepes type signing, plenty of Serie A experience, South American except he is younger than Yepes. Hope he can be as solid.

Last edited:

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
he was great in Catania. he has ability. for cheap he would be an excellent pickup

NO.

i usually dont like to rush into judgments especially about football players but believe me this will be the worst pickup ever.

mark this post ;)

dilllb

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
How so?

That's reality. He was great for Catania and Palermo.

He had a bad year in a team that makes everyone looks bad.

Come on... solid player, serie A proven, better than Ogbonna? it's funny to read these comments after the last season, you can't deny that.

He was good for mediocre teams but flopped on the next level, just because he's as good as the teams he delivered for. Like Acerbi. Yeah, Inter was shit but that didn't stop him to step up from time to time.

The guy's decent and I don't mind him here as a back up. Imo he's no better or worse than Bonera so I don't really care. Hope that he will do great for us because he's coming from Inter but I don't think so.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Come on... solid player, serie A proven, better than Ogbonna? it's funny to read these comments after the last season, you can't deny that.

He was good for mediocre teams but flopped on the next level, just because he's as good as the teams he delivered for. Like Acerbi. Yeah, Inter was shit but that didn't stop him to step up from time to time.

The guy's decent and I don't mind him here as a back up. Imo he's no better or worse than Bonera so I don't really care. Hope that he will do great for us because he's coming from Inter but I don't think so.

so different its not even funny.

and I believe the comments were more proven than Ogbonna, or better at the time being. Ogbonna has improved a lot, which makes a difference...

Plus there is a huge difference between a player with 150+ Serie A games (Silvestre) and one who had 17 (Acerbi) when he got here.

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
a summary from an inter fan

INTER FAN said:
he level of immense suffering I've been receiving watching Silvestre play has somehow turned me into a buddha; I'm starting to have sympathy for this guy. There HAS to be some f-ed up shit going on with him either mentally or physically (or both) at the moment, there has to be...nothing else describes this situation.

Let's leave all the football talks behind, because we can't even call him a professional athlete by the look of things. I've never seen any kind of athlete looking so insecure when he moves with his feet. My 5 year old nephew who just started playing football is better balanced than him when chasing the ball and I add no exaggeration.

I really hope he gets his shit together, because there's obviously sth going on with this dude.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Plenty of athletes suffer confidence issues and dips in form. Half that Inter defense probably still wake up drenched in cold sweat from night terrors.

Yepes definitely had more international experience, playing qualifiers against South American squads provides invaluable experience. However, I do believe he will be okay as a 4th-5th CB option. Does that mean we should not sign a quality CB? Obviously not. However, I fear that this is an excuse not to, Bonera will be back eventually, with Zaccardo, Zapata, Mexes, Vergara and potentially Silvestre, there is no room for another CB.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
If this dude arrives then we would be fine as we are in CB dept. Thinking of that really pisses me off :fp:

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
bv4m.png

bwahaha-uh-no-thanks.jpg

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Last edited:

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria

printerforums said:
Why is Nocerino good deal? Solid squad player who won't do anyithing special for us. Play Olsen, Duncan or that Scholes looking kid if squad player is needed.

For three main roles we have Kovačić, Guarin, Cambiasso, Alvarez, Kuzmanović, Mudingayi, Duncan, Obi and Zanetti. Apart of Kovačić and Guarin all of them are average and I don't see one good reason why would we bring another average one?
Actually, when I take a look in Milan's roster I can't see one player that I like apart of strikers Balotelli and El Sharawy plus that young full back (De Sciglio?).

hahhahahaahhaahahahahahahaahahahahaha

he calls their midfield average aside from guarin and kovacic which i agree with then says he wouldnt want any player from us other then balo and ses. monto and de jong would make inter top 3, let alone mexes and zapata to fix their terrible defence, or constant to replace mediocre nagatomo or whoever they play their these days (perreira?) ..

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't mind getting another CB if he could possibly bench one of our current starters and become a long-term starting CB for us. But I have almost no faith at all in Silvestre becoming that. He's not old, but for someone so experienced and close to 30 he should provide with some certainties.

I don't think it's a necessity to do a panic backup buy if Zaccardo stays and Bonera is expected to be back in 90 days.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
hahhahahaahhaahahahahahahaahahahahaha

he calls their midfield average aside from guarin and kovacic which i agree with then says he wouldnt want any player from us other then balo and ses. monto and de jong would make inter top 3, let alone mexes and zapata to fix their terrible defence, or constant to replace mediocre nagatomo or whoever they play their these days (perreira?) ..

Mediocre Nagatomo?
I'll let u off for Perreira because he flopped last season, but Nagatomo is a great player.

Schedule