Alex da Costa Thread

TheGrinch

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Reports in the Dutch media are suggesting Milan will make a move for PSV Eindhoven defender Alex in the January transfer window.

Alex has emerged as one of the most commanding defenders in Europe, with his displays catching the eye of many of the continent's major players, but it was widely believed that Chelsea would be his next port of call.

PSV have a special relationship with the big-spending Premiership champions and it was rumoured that Chelsea aided the Dutch outfit financially in landing Alex from Santos in 2004.

Alex proved his class for PSV with towering displays in both the UEFA Champions League and Eredivisie last term, but his efforts did not lead to a summer move to Stamford Bridge.

It is now being claimed that he may not head to West London after all, as Milan are rumoured to be readying themselves for a January transfer swoop.

Milan's ageing defence is in need of an overhaul, with Jaap Stam, Paolo Maldini and Alessandro Costacurta all the wrong side of 30, and coach Carlo Ancelotti feels Alex could be the man to partner Alessandro Nesta at the San Siro.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has a wealth of quality central defensive options available to him, including John Terry, William Gallas and Ricardo Carvalho, and if he fails to bid for Alex in January the path could be left clear for Milan to swoop for the Brazilian.

source: Planetfootball.com

He's 23, but why we sold Collucini if we want young blood in our defence?:conf:
What do you think about it?

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
Firstly Coloccini was crap, and keeping him for no other reason other than the fact that he was young is stupidity.

A young and talented defender is welcome however. I think Alex is decent, but if we are going for a wildly unpredictable defender then I want Mexes ;)

TheGrinch

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Lo Tsar said:
Firstly Coloccini was crap, and keeping him for no other reason other than the fact that he was young is stupidity.

A young and talented defender is welcome however. I think Alex is decent, but if we are going for a wildly unpredictable defender then I want Mexes ;)

Mexes? This guy who plays for as roma? I've only seen him twice in CL last season and he didn't convince me. I've never seen Coloccini play for Milan, but in Confed Cup he wasn't that bad, except the game against Mexiko.
What's about Metzelder? He's on his way back...

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
TheGrinch said:
Mexes? This guy who plays for as roma? I've only seen him twice in CL last season and he didn't convince me. I've never seen Coloccini play for Milan, but in Confed Cup he wasn't that bad, except the game against Mexiko.
Mexes is great, he is just made a scape goat by Roma to try and cover up thier faults. He would be cheap too, and that is an essential requirment if we are to by someone in Jan.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
I think Alex will suit perfect in our defense.. + he has offensive skills .. scores.. etc etc

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Lo Tsar said:
Mexes is great, he is just made a scape goat by Roma to try and cover up thier faults. He would be cheap too, and that is an essential requirment if we are to by someone in Jan.
mexes only likes tight jerseys Auxerre (kappa) roma (Diadora) maybe he'll go to sampdoria next

milan*7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Nesta
Lo Tsar said:
So we'd have to go for Roma's 2nd best bc. Chivu's too expensive? I'm sure Silvio could scrounge up some loose change for a better CD ;)

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
milan*7 said:
So we'd have to go for Roma's 2nd best bc. Chivu's too expensive? I'm sure Silvio could scrounge up some loose change for a better CD ;)
On a good I feel Mexes is better than Chivu, Ulthough I would gladly welcome them both

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Lo Tsar said:

I don’t think we gave him a chance 2 begin with.
Also he is a regular with Argentina.

Am not saying he is already a great player.
But I say that we should v gave such young player a chance 2 prove himself.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Alex wont be able to play in the champions league because if im not mistaken he has already been registered unde rth psv team this season. So if we do get a defender this season, i hope he would be someone that would be able to play in europe.

xerooption

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Baggio, Inzaghi, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Sheva, Totti, Cassano, Messi, Buffon, Gattuso
I havent seen Colocinni play but he did quite well for Argentina in the Confederations Cup.

Mexes...I used to think he was pretty good + young...but from wat I've seen in his Roma matches...like he was getting cards most of the time...and untimed tackles.

I would prefer Chivu cause he sacrifices himself for the team...like he did in the game for Romania against Czech Rep.

Alex...hmmm haven't seen him play, so I can't say much except give my opinion to what has been said...he is young and talented...so that's good. I hope he won't be another Mexes...at least not the cards and mistimed tackles.

And weren't we after Oddo in the summer? what happened there?

But I think we should try to bid for Chivu, Oddo, and this Alex dude in the January transfer market.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
TheGrinch said:
Metzelder is an old fart. ;)

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
xerooption said:
But I think we should try to bid for Chivu, Oddo, and this Alex dude in the January transfer market.
I am thinking of these three too. :)

Last edited:

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
Lo Tsar said:

Mexes is full of SHIT... he is not decent to wear Milan Jersey !!!!!!!!!

i prefer FELIPE from Udinese....he is very strong defender and can score also!!

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Demerio said:
Mexes is full of SHIT... he is not decent to wear Milan Jersey !!!!!!!!!

i prefer FELIPE from Udinese....he is very strong defender and can score also!!
I don't like Mexes either.

Alex, Chivu, Felipe, Oddo, Rodriguez would all be wiser signings.

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
Alex would be a great signing!!!
I really hope this is true!!
We need him.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
VIERI & STAM
TheGrinch said:
He's 25. When Metzelder is old what is Costacurta, Maldini, etc. ? :head:

metzelder is very good defender in EURO & bondes leauga & alex is very slowly , if we remember sheva`s goal in the last champion leauge & and i think we need (cicinho) because cafu is old and we need center half player(half defender) with the great (gattuso) i think the egyptian player mohamed shawky (el ahly club) player is very very great player in this position , he is the best african player in htis position

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ROSSONERE said:
metzelder is very good defender in EURO & bondes leauga & alex is very slowly , if we remember sheva`s goal in the last champion leauge & and i think we need (cicinho) because cafu is old and we need center half player(half defender) with the great (gattuso) i think the egyptian player mohamed shawky (el ahly club) player is very very great player in this position , he is the best african player in htis position
Insert some spaces in your "Favorite Players", you're defacing the forum!

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Well.. Alex is a good player.. But one thing, if we did sign him, I think we're not be able to let him play in CL, is it ok. Then.. about Mexes, I don't think that he is that good..

mzk57

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*JDT* *Sheva* *Makaay* *Gudjohnsen* *Lampard* *Zanetti* *Maldini* *Nesta* *Aimar* *Maradona*
Alex & messi to AC Milan??????:conf:
what a pointless thread??????:head:
We have Seedorf, Vogel , Pirlo, Ambro & Serginho
5 of very best, yet you guys want those kids?????????:conf:
I simply can't understand it:head:
We only need a new goalkeeper(Cudicini;)) & thats all

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
mzk57 said:
Alex & messi to AC Milan??????:conf:
what a pointless thread??????:head:
We have Seedorf, Vogel , Pirlo, Ambro & Serginho
5 of very best, yet you guys want those kids?????????:conf:
I simply can't understand it:head:
We only need a new goalkeeper(Cudicini;)) & thats all
That's a bit rich for you to say that this is a pointless thread when you start the most irrelavent drivel I have ever seen :rolleyes:

Mexes is a class act, he would bring the pace to our defence that I think we are currently lacking.

xerooption

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Baggio, Inzaghi, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Sheva, Totti, Cassano, Messi, Buffon, Gattuso
Cinciho is signed with Madrid...and will move to Madrid in the summer transfer window...he has already agreed a deal with Madrid. :rolleyes:

So no more Cicinho reminders...please..!! :D
I want him too..but he's a madrid player as far as that's concerned.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Alex is better then cicinho

Last edited:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Inzaghi9 said:
But doesn't Alex play in the centre of defence?

yes he is a center back

Schedule