Alberto Gilardino Thread

Will Gilardino regain his Parma form now that he left us?

• Total voters

ehsan99

Banned
Reaction score

i don't know there is a thread about giladino or not but

Milan move in on Gilardino Sunday 8 August, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The future of Alberto Gilardino hangs in the balance as Milan now join the fray, but his agent believes it’ll be a last minute deal whatever the destination.

“We haven’t heard of any contact with Milan,” maintained representative Francesco Romano after the rumour emerged this morning.

“Gilardino is in training with the Under-21 side and is currently concentrating only on the Olympics. From next week we will begin to consider our options.”

The Parma striker has made it clear on numerous occasions that he favours a switch to Roma and even stated he felt “60 per cent a Giallorossi player already,” but his £16m price-tag is too steep for the cash-strapped Capital club.

Juventus had also been heavily linked with the 22-year-old, especially after their move for Adrian Mutu collapsed on Friday, but a new theory is emerging over this weekend.

Newspapers suggest that Milan will bid for Gilardino following the continuing injury worries of Pippo Inzaghi, although a move is more likely in January than the summer.

Parma director Luca Baraldi continues to insist that the star striker will not be sold for any price, but few believe that is the case, especially with Gilardino’s public call to Roma.

“Anything could happen,” added his agent Romano. “Roma could put the pressure on, just as Juventus could revive their interest. He is an intelligent lad with a contract tying him to Parma until 2006. In any case, we must wait for the end of the Olympics before taking steps.”

Milan’s other option to replace the increasingly troubled Inzaghi would be River Plate hitman Maxi Lopez, who is also a target for several Premiership sides.

Meanwhile, Parma aren’t doing terribly well without Gilardino, as they were thumped 3-0 in a friendly at Betis Seville. Ex-Cagliari forward Dario Silva bagged a brace before Navas completed the rout.

Roma are also struggling, albeit with what is practically the youth team, holding FC Tokyo to a 0-0 draw in the opening match of their Japanese tour. The woodwork saved the young Giallorossi outfit three times, but new signing Philippe Mexes continued to impress.

source:www.channel4.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
honestly, i don't see it happening. maybe to roma or juve, but not milan.

i think milan have their eyes set on other targets, namely fernando torres.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
If this was to happen i would be abosutly wrapped :cool:

Torres would also be a great signing.

Best possible situation imo.

This year -
Sheva
Pippo
JDT
Crespo
Gilardino

Next season -
Sheva
JDT
Gilardino
Torres

Pozzi

:)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So THIS rumour has resurfaced, how thrilling !!! If it was only happening, damn !!! :D He would make Torres a 2nd choice target IMO + kick that Chel$ki-loser Crespo to the stands... Come on, Alberto, don't think twice + make Milan a better team :D :cool: :tongue:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
yeah...it would be pretty sweet.

he's never mentioned wanting to sign for us...and being a juve/roma fan doesn't make him to popular in my books either. i wouldn't be upset if we managed to sign him though!

i think torres is the better option, though. gila is 22 now and torres is 20. when torres was 19 he was a way better prospect than gila at the same age...torres is going to be special.

someone should stop roma from getting him. they can't have totti, cassano, and gilardino on the same team. they're not allowed to have ALL of the italian attacking talent. :tongue:

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
So THIS rumour has resurfaced, how thrilling !!! If it was only happening, damn !!! :D He would make Torres a 2nd choice target IMO + kick that Chel$ki-loser Crespo to the stands... Come on, Alberto, don't think twice + make Milan a better team :D :cool: :tongue:

We agree :eek: :D

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
us_bombs said:
someone should stop roma from getting him. they can't have totti, cassano, and gilardino on the same team. they're not allowed to have ALL of the italian attacking talent. :tongue:

Dont worry! We have... Inzaghi :(

cccp

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko - KaKa - Maldini -Costacuta - Van Basten
I won't believe anything until we have the contract,
I don't know how many time they said that will would have Totti, Vieri, Maradona, Pele, ....(put any player you want here) ...

One thing absolutely true is we have save a lot of money, since we haven't spent to much in last two year.

milan_fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, pirlo, gilardino, pippo, dida, sheva
they sure need to do s'thing with this utterly mismanaged. utterly fruitless transfer season so far... and 16m looks a decent figure... but i will be too optimistic to even say "yes"

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
milan_fan said:
they sure need to do s'thing with this utterly mismanaged. utterly fruitless transfer season so far... and 16m looks a decent figure... but i will be too optimistic to even say "yes"

:head:. Maybe u would prefer to support Inter?

milanez

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Totti, Sheva, Serginho
Melbourne said:
us_bombs said:

Gilardino is much better player than Inzaghi.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
milanez said:
Melbourne said:
us_bombs said:

Gilardino is much better player than Inzaghi.

I agree, thus the ':('

He is a younger, upgraded Pippo.

Reaction score
I don't really know about Gilardino, and I will go with the majorities opinion here, but, I know something... Sheva, Tomasson, Torres, Inzaghi and Crespo is quite a deadly prospect...

Torres has great movement, and is fairly quick, so maybe if he does come to us, it would be worthwile having Kaká or an attacking midfielder to play the through ball into him? To utilise his pace? He isn't short either, so maybe we could utilise this, and train his heading, he is still young remember? Torres would be a great bit of transfer dealing. Certainly leave alot of rival fans jealous...

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Galliani has denied any interest in Gilardino on behalf of Milan. And yet I don't buy it... :D

Crespo will be gone by next summer (thank god) + Pippo is currently still a huuge question mark (and getting on in years), so a signing will have to be made + while Torres seems the most realistic one considering the biz dealings with Atletico + them still owing Milan, I would not be surprised if the target was indeed Gilardino. Roma have no money, Juve decided to be cheapskates, and I bet Parma will sell to the high bidder, whom could be Milan, next summer. (Lotsa wishful thinking too, admittedly ;))

As for Torres vs Gilardino, I go with Gila cos he has proven he can do it in Italy.. whereas those Spaniards, as talented as they may be, don't have the best track record in Serie A.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I have seen Gillardino many a times last year in Serie A and currently in Olympics but I haven't seen Torres that extensively.

But still I would say that Gillardino is better than Torres. Plus, he uses his left foot which would fit perfectly in grand scheme of things since Sheva uses his right foot.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gatorbasu said:
I have seen Gillardino many a times last year in Serie A and currently in Olympics but I haven't seen Torres that extensively.

But still I would say that Gillardino is better than Torres. Plus, he uses his left foot which would fit perfectly in grand scheme of things since Sheva uses his right foot.

Torres is a better player than Gillardino.

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
wat is the pronunciatin of Gilardino.? I always say Jee-Yar-DEE-NO. Is that correct? my friend and I had an argument on this point.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bojangles said:
wat is the pronunciatin of Gilardino.? I always say Jee-Yar-DEE-NO. Is that correct? my friend and I had an argument on this point.

Gee-lar-dee-no.

Boban

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Nesta
yeah great player awsome lol too bad hasn't done tooo good in the olympics

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
I seriously don't rate Gilardino that highly... :rolleyes:

Don_Maldini

Beginner
Reaction score
Don't be disappointed, but Gilardinho watsed some class passes from Pirlo and he looks like a new inzaghi, mayb slightly better, no one is like inzaghi ! :devil2:
But Gila is not who we really; want.
we need someone like Morientes to partner sheva !!!

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don_Maldini said:

Morientes may be what YOU want but not what Milan need. He's not better than Gilardino, just older.

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
I'd like Gilardino, but he's extremely overrated at the moment and that will relect in the price for him. I'd wait and see what he does this season.

I need more than goals against Japan, Ghana and Iraq to know for sure if he's going to do it all again ;)

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Don_Maldini said:

Morientes may be what YOU want but not what Milan need. He's not better than Gilardino, just older.

Id rather Moreirntes.

great player, underrated.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Melbourne said:
Id rather Moreirntes.

Gilardino proved he's capable of scoring a couple of goals in Serie A, Morientes didn't even score anything worth mentioning in Le Championnat. His CL goals, which you most likely base your enthusiasm on, give a very distorted picture of his overall performance.

savicevic10 said:
I'd like Gilardino, but he's extremely overrated at the moment and that will relect in the price for him. I'd wait and see what he does this season.
I need more than goals against Japan, Ghana and Iraq to know for sure if he's going to do it all again

I don't think you were that overcritical with Sheva when he joined Milan but bought into the frenzy immediately without wasting a thought on his rare international 'challenges' with his national side..

Gilardino, coming off the bench until Adriano's injury + subsequent departure midseason, scored 23, almost as many as Sheva + has become the best scorer Parma have ever had in their Serie A days + years, more successful than Crespo in his best (+last) season at Parma. I certainly would not lose sleep if Milan signed him, let alone demand more proof of performance + would prefer him to erase your doubts when playing for + not against Milan.

Compared to some current pricetags of young forwards in the EPL Gilardino's is moderate.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Melbourne said:
Id rather Moreirntes.

Gilardino proved he's capable of scoring a couple of goals in Serie A, Morientes didn't even score anything worth mentioning in Le Championnat. His CL goals, which you most likely base your enthusiasm on, give a very distorted picture of his overall performance.

Morientes is class. Better than Gilardino. Far better imo.

Im not basing my opion on last season, though that quite helps, doesnt it? 10 goals in the league and 9 from only 12 games in the Champions League. Very nice.

Fantasic player.

[code:1:b1eb96fdcf]
Statistics Summary

League Other Cups* Europe**
Season Club Apps. Goals App. Goals Apps. Goals
04-05 Real Madrid 1 1
03-04 AS Monaco 27 10 2 3 12 9
03-04 Real Madrid 1 0 0 0
02-03 Real Madrid 18 5 7 0
01-02 Real Madrid 33 18 12 3
00-01 Real Madrid 22 6 8 4
99-00 Real Madrid 29 12 14 6
98-99 Real Madrid 33 19 4 0
97-98 Real Madrid 33 12 10 4
96-97 Real Zaragoza 37 15 - -
95-96 Real Zaragoza 29 13 5 2
94-95 Albacete 20 5 - -
93-94 Albacete 2 0 -
-
Total: 284 115 2 3 73 29

*'Other Cups' - includes League Cup, Spanish/French Cup.
**'Europe' - includes all UEFA competitions

International Summary

Squad Apps. Goals
Spain 37 24
[/code:1:b1eb96fdcf]

Schedule