Leandro Grimi Thread

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
Axl said:
Regarding Grimi and 'best young player etc', this is what i found on skysports:

''He was voted the best young player of the 2006 autumn Apertura tournament, and Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti believes he may have uncovered a gem.''

I have no idea what that is, but i guess some people who follow the argentinian league can let us know :)

Luis said:
That's not true. or at least, CAN'T, i always watch the argentinan league and there are way better players there.

vani_pirlo_21 said:
best player in Argentina?? lol what a joke!
José Sosa (21), Gonzalo Higuaín (19)... were WAY better

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
vani_pirlo_21, i wasn't asking for feedback on whether he is/was the best youngster in argentina(i already know the answer to that one) but simply on what this 'autumn apertura tournament' is. but thanx anyway :)

edit: actually, i am under the impression that 'apertura' means something like opening, but im not familiar on how the league works in argentina

Last edited:

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
Axl said:
vani_pirlo_21, i wasn't asking for feedback on whether he is/was the best youngster in argentina(i already know the answer to that one) but simply on what this 'autumn apertura tournament' is. but thanx anyway :)

edit: actually, i am under the impression that 'apertura' means something like opening, but im not familiar on how the league works in argentina

oh sorry :tongue:
the year is divided in 2, so in a year there are 2 league champions...
the tournament played from august to december is called apertura and the one played between january and june is called clausura...

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Well guys I say lets give him a chance.He is an unknown player to me but I guess there is something in this guy that made Milan buy him.There are some players that turn from a zero to a hero like Martins for example.Nobody knew him when Inter bought him from Reggiana in Seria C but look at him now...Sometimes players that are voted"south america best player of the year"turn out to be big flops like Rochembah for example..
But I have a hunch this kid is gonna be good:)

Mystik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

Luis

You'll never drink alone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pelé, Shevchenko, Zamorano, Salas & Alexis Sánchez
Mystik said:
Well considering that Primavera is Under20...and Grimi is 21 I don't know how you came to that conclusion.

well, we had Ba playing for the primavera squad, didn't we ?

bryan1202

Chileno De Corazon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan Players, Chile National team and Chile sub 20
Grimi cant play for the primavera because he's 21 and for the primavera u need to be 20 :head:

kaka%20brasil.jpg

[highlight]
This One Is For God​
[/highlight]

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
g4ngst4z0n3 said:
Grimi cant play for the primavera because he's 21 and for the primavera u need to be 20 :head:

kaka%20brasil.jpg

[highlight]
This One Is For God​
[/highlight]
I don't know hw strict the thing is but you can add some players that are over the limit IMO. When Pippo made a come-back from his long injury he too started in Primavera games. Maybe those were unofficial, maybe the system is like in Olympic games, where certain amount of old(professional) players may be included to the team.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Guys get real:)We didnt buy Grimi who is 22 to play in the primavera.

takahan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yuchen Fish said:
Using 21 years old Grimi play in the first team is much better than using 34 years old Favalli or 35 years old Serginho :D

In what sense?

magashi

Rino Follower
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Cr. Ronaldo, Torres, Sneijder
takahan said:
In what sense?
In sense of thinking for the future and hoping for him to become a world-class defender. That is playing 22yo instead of 34-35yo. Can't say Grimi will for sure become a world-class player, but there's better chance of that happening than Favalli becoming a WC defender in the future 2-3 years.

SempreRossoNero

Viaggiatore
Reaction score
magashi said:
In sense of thinking for the future and hoping for him to become a world-class defender. That is playing 22yo instead of 34-35yo. Can't say Grimi will for sure become a world-class player, but there's better chance of that happening than Favalli becoming a WC defender in the future 2-3 years.
agree to agree. grimi will get much more playing time with argentina too giving him lots of chances to prove himself. he is exactly what we needed, i think.

dida

>>*&#322;)*I*&#322;)*@*<<
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*Dida* *Maldini* *Nesta* *Gattuso*
when is he making his serie a debut??
in 2 or 3 weeks maybe??

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
SempreRossoNero said:
agree to agree. grimi will get much more playing time with argentina too giving him lots of chances to prove himself. he is exactly what we needed, i think.

has he ever been picked for the albiceleste yet? Basile isnt the most beleiving in obscure young talent, and until grimi does well with milan, i really doubt basile would ever pck him for hte national team.
Well hopefully basile will leave soon, but thats another story.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
happy 22nd birthday...

Last edited:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
sorry... correction... he just turn 22...

PatoKaka

eLdiablo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Seedorf, Pato, Sneijder,Danny Alves, J.Moutinho, Berbatov, Aguero, Nesta
he's not that young..

jankulovski needs a rest so i think vs siena grimi has a chance to play IF and only IF stupid ancelloti will think bout that..

PatoKaka

eLdiablo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Seedorf, Pato, Sneijder,Danny Alves, J.Moutinho, Berbatov, Aguero, Nesta
San Paolo said:
22 aint young? :rolleyes:

tevez robinhoo diego are all 22 except diego 21 i think.. those proved themselves..

but grimi still didnt maybe he will in the age of 24-25..

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I heard a commentator mention what Maldini apparently said. Something about him making his debut in 1985 + youngsters nowadays not having it as easy as it was back then. At least he's honest.

Janku needs the rest. Favalli turned out to be a total flop + surely isn't better than 'giving Grimi a shot.' If not, then play Ambro or someone else at LB ... just give Janku a break.

Schedule