The MilanLab Thread

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
The Milan Lab is clearly SHIT!

I understand some players need to be out for extended periods of time so that their injuries don't occur again, but the Milan Lab doesn't prepare the players well enough so that is doesn't happen.

Players continue to get their injuries, and as Moggi said, the excerises they do are part of what is going on.....

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
The Milan Lab is clearly SHIT!

I understand some players need to be out for extended periods of time so that their injuries don't occur again, but the Milan Lab doesn't prepare the players well enough so that is doesn't happen.

Players continue to get their injuries, and as Moggi said, the excerises they do are part of what is going on.....

Kind of related but I recall a lot of inter fans +staff questioning benitez methods v mourinho for training and said it caused the huge injury crisis they hit.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Kind of related but I recall a lot of inter fans +staff questioning benitez methods v mourinho for training and said it caused the huge injury crisis they hit.

Roma, juventus, Arsenal have the same shit every year.

Sack MilanLab, sign MD. Ronaldo-Robinho!

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
milanlab gave me herpes! :mad:

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score

Yeah, exactly.

And from what I understand, the MilanLab sets up the warm-up ad stretching routines, while Allegri & co. set up the drills.

Our entire team gets injured, I cant name one player who hasnt been injured over the last year. (Cassano???)

Something is wrong here.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe they'd be even worse if it weren't for MilanLab. Thing is we can't tell nor reach a conclusion about MilanLab.

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
Maybe they'd be even worse if it weren't for MilanLab. Thing is we can't tell nor reach a conclusion about MilanLab.

Except for the fact that every player on our team gets injured, have an extended recovery time, and then get injured shortly after EVERY TIME.

I know we cannot blame it all on the MilanLab (as we do have so glass players on the team), but I am sure they play a big part in what is going on.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
MilanLab's primary purpose doesn't seem to be preventing injuries as much as elongating careers.

Clarence

Feel the indifference
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Ibra, Thiago Silva, Pirlo, Totti.
If you're injured half a season, you can keep trucking twice as long.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
MilanLab's primary purpose doesn't seem to be preventing injuries as much as elongating careers.

maybe might have a point here. :)

anyway.. milanlab is out there asking private clinics what is need to ends Pato's misery.. coz milanlab dont have a clue about it.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
MilanLab

You know, our players, including the ones who are developing, have been suffering a lot of injuries, over the last few years, and much more frequently than during the golden era (sheva, kaka, maldini..etc). Then we are also looking at some good players but we are put off because of their injury tendencies. I start to wonder, what the hell is wrong with MilanLab? I remember when it could perform miracles, players who were once considered deceased, could roll back the years and perform at the top level for several more seasons. I remember when NFL players or players from other football leagues would come to us for special treatement, but now you see Mourinho's teams and Barca, they seem to have the same XI on the pitch the entire time and no one ever gets injured.

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
Less of use of drugs that enhances the performence? Jokes aside, Milans financial situation has been to say the least pretty bad. This has probably had an affect on MilanLab aswell. Cut downs maybe both in quality doctors and equpiment

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
MILAN LAB WITH MILAN YOUTH SECTOR
A look at the Milan Lab’s work with Domenico Gualtieri.
Milan Lab is the club’s centre of scientific research at the Milanello sports centre and has been operative since March 2002. Milan Lab offers technological support with the aim of ensuring the over well-being of the club’s human resources. Science and technology combined with individual experience for a systematic approach to health and well being.

Since the 2006/2007 season, the Milan Lab has also been working with the youth sector. Today there are 10 youth teams and 250 players from between 10 and 18 years of age. The players’ growth is monitored through periodic tests which supply information regarding their health. The information gathered also helps the club with regards to scouting.

With all the data collected, the club now has a database which provides parameters for the valuation of individual players. Since the spring of 2010, a complex system of video analysis with sensors that study all training sessions and games. This allows Milan Lab to gather and analyze the information as well as and provide training programs for individual players. The system also underlines individual player’s characteristics enabling the coach to work more effectively in improving the players. On the main aims of the system is to reduce injuries over the course of the season to an absolute minimum.

Domenico Gualtieri, this is the seventh year of activity for Milan Lab in the youth sector. How much data have you managed to gather?

In a single season, the Lab will gather test measurement from the results of around 10,000 tests. Obviously, not all the information gathered will directly and immediately relevant. What we have to do and what is one of the most complex tasks we have, is to decide which data is the most interesting and when it becomes sufficiently reliable to use.

How many people are working in the Lab and what are the rules that you have to follow?

7 athletic coaches, all with degrees in sports science. They are myself, Piero Congedo, Dino Tenderini, Andrea Caronti, Maurizio Buriani, Pietro Lietti and Erminio Licini. Alongide these seven are four interns Nicoletta Mazza, Simon Barje, Alessandro Micheli and Francesco Arseni and a IT consultent Emanuele Rossi.

The objective is to develop movement control, favoring a physical growth of the youn player with the aim of getting them into the best possible shape and prevent injuries.

One of the bases of our work here at Milan lab is linked to human resources operations:

Along with the usual duties of a coach, within the Milan Lab project, coaches at all age group will also have a stronger link with the first team in order to ensure a higher level of synergy. The reference point of the team becomes the athletic coaches and not the single coach. This allows a more consolidated working structure and is indispensable for the growth of young players.

How are the targets decided upon?

When we have the data gathered, it is entered into software under the supervision of FinConsGroup and Lorenzo Cipriani which was developed over the course of 4 years and evaluation of every step taken.
We first started using the software a year ago and today the system supplies reports which help the staff to plan the training programs of every single player and also helps our scouting system in the area of player selection.

How big a part has Milan Lab played in the recent success of the youth sector?

The aim of the project is to give players long term training programs and make them ready for the first team. Ever since the lab has become involved with the youth teams, the number of players going from there into the first team seems to have increased. Strasser, Merkel, De Sciglio, Kingsley Boateng are all examples. Meanwhile, 4 trophies have been won by our youth teams.

Obviously, it’s not all thanks to us. In all of this the key is the synergy between the different areas. Milan Lab is only one of these areas.

http://www.acmilan.com/en/teams/youth_teams_news/137893

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
Boateng never got injured before he joined Milan.

:fp:

It might have something to do with our workouts in dubai, a bunch of players always get hurt when we come back in january.

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato

It might have something to do with our workouts in dubai, a bunch of players always get hurt when we come back in january.

I think it's just bad luck cuz I remember Ash saying Boateng never trained in Dubai, although I do still think the whole Dubai training thing is stupid/ not necessary...

Capo Ultra

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Boateng has had 6 knee injuries in his career, among all the other injuries.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Quite possibly the biggest sham ever

What exactly have they done to hype them so much?

Most worthless piece of technology

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
People on MilanLab will never be unemployed.

Danilo JBG

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Hasn't Milan changed the staff at least once since 2010? I remember reading something about a new doctor in 2010, who I think was Maurizio Gevi (the funny guy with big gray hair). I had never seen him before that. However, I've not seen him since the begining of the season. Was he fired too? Injury crisis in 09-10 was bad, but last season it was even worse.

I would also like to know how the preparation of the players work, as well their treatment. Does MilanLAB play a big role in both of them? If we could get a group of people that could solve our injury problems, it could be as vital as a world class signing.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I swear to God I can't take these injuries anymore. What the fuck can we do against it?

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Get back the staff from 2000 - 2005

Exactly.I dont know what metod they are using now in Milan Lab,but obviously it doesn't work.Every year a lot of injury problems.