Champions League Thread [2010-2011]

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
http://www.220.ro/sport/Chelsea-1-1...ampions-League-Semi-Final-2nd-Leg/ETdwLWLKtu/
Best team eva my ass ... best cheats eva! Even putting Moratti to shame :lol:
Give it a rest mad. We all know this Bartha scum team doesn't compare to the Milan of the early 90's! Seriously don't give a fuck what gloryhunting n00bz think. Also to keep harping on favourable decisions gone Bartha's way isn't classy at all. Many of Pippo's goals were marginally offside. His goal vs poop could be a disputed handball. Ambro dives a lot etc. I always admired Maldini when asked at the start of Calciopoli about whether he thinks Milan deserves juve's stolen titles and he said "no we prefer to win on the pitch" :star:

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Xavi: Barcelona are the best

Barcelona midfielder Xavi has claimed the current European and Spanish champions are the best team of the last 20 years and hailed Lionel Messi as the best player of all time.

Barcelona swept all before them once again this season to pick up the La Liga and Champions League double and the Spain international was happy to indulge in some rare trumpet blowing.

He told German newspaper Bild: ''There have been some great teams in history, Pele's Brazil, (Johan) Cruyff's Ajax, (Arrigo) Sacchi's Milan but in the past 20 years this Barcelona team is the best.''

On Messi, he added: ''He is the best player of all time - better than Pele, Maradona or Cruyff. We have to protect him as he is crucial. Without him we would not be what we are.''

Coach Pep Guardiola has also received high praise for his work, and although reports suggested that he was on the verge of standing down, Xavi claimed he hopes the former Barcelona midfielder ''stays forever''.

He added: ''He (Guardiola) is very intelligent, very enthusiastic and very 'Barcelona-ish'. He is a great coach and I hope he stays forever, if not as coach then as sporting director or president.''

The only black mark in the Catalans' season was the Copa del Rey final defeat to arch-rivals Real Madrid. Xavi, though, was critical of the approach adopted by Jose Mourinho's men throughout the season.

He said: ''Madrid were the hardest opponents but not because they played football but because they wanted to destroy the game. I like Manchester United's approach a thousand times better. It would be interesting to see what would happen if Real did play.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...lionel-messi-the-greatest-of-all-time?cc=5739

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Shows how mentally challenged (its a niced word for ******** I think...) Xaci actually is. :fp:

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maybe but xavi really does come out as a douchebag of the highest order....again. Wtf be modest asshole not to mention he cant even prove they are better than sacchis milan.

diavoli7

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Pirlo Cafu Ambrosini Nesta Gattuso Kaka Silva Pato Rivaldo Essien
at least he didn't say they were better than pele's, cruyffs or sacchi's teams. that said he's an arrogant prick and i hope milan rises again to put those fools back in their place.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
at least he didn't say they were better than pele's, cruyffs or sacchi's teams. that said he's an arrogant prick and i hope milan rises again to put those fools back in their place.

Why the FUCK is everyone so in fear of this Bartha team? These aren't the proud Milan fans that I've grown to know and love :head:

this Bartha is very beatable and if an ape like Pepe an contain Messi (not to mention Sokratis :proud: )then Nesta and Silva will to...with ease. Once gelled our attack is as good as anyone's else and hopefully our midfield reinforcement will help us bridge the creativity gap between us.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Lighten up kids & stay secure.
Its ok for other players to praise their team same as it is ok for ours to do the same.
If Pato said Milan is kick ass team then most of you would be suckling his dick.
Also what Xavi said is not even close to what scum of the earth Pirlo said about .................. not Milan but Barca.
What a disgrace :o

And I do believe that Milan could be the only team with discipline enough to bother Barca.
Couple of good midfielders with some creativity its on fuckers.

diavoli7

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Pirlo Cafu Ambrosini Nesta Gattuso Kaka Silva Pato Rivaldo Essien
i didn't say that we should be afraid of them, only that at least xavi didn't go so far to claim that this barca is better than those legendary teams.

i agree though that this barca is quite beatable. most teams just flat out give up before the game and allow barca all the space they want in midfield, we have the defence to shut down barca and if allegri at least TRIES to stifle their midfield trio we can cause them many problems.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He told German newspaper Bild: ''There have been some great teams in history, Pele's Brazil, (Johan) Cruyff's Ajax, (Arrigo) Sacchi's Milan but in the past 20 years this Barcelona team is the best.''

Well, I understood this as "Barça is the best team since Sacchi's". It has been 20 years since this Milan team played btw.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Well Barcelona are a fucking disgrace.

Always liked Xavi, But damn he has a big mouth !

Messi is very good and as he stands now he will be the best ever if he keep going like this, but Now Maradona is better...

And all the Xavi fantasy... Xavi is nothing for me compared with Rui Costa, Zidane, Platini etc. Old Pirlo shits on Xavi !

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
God take it easy people, stop overeacting to every little word anybody says. If Milan had just won 3 champions Leagues in 5 years, a treble along the way and achieved all the success Barca has, and Pato or Ibra would say the same thing he'd be worshiped like Jesus around here. For god sakes, even before playing a single game for Milan at the begining of the season, I remember Ibra said Milan now had the best attack in the world when he learned we had signed Robinho. Chill out people, Xavi is on a high after winning CL and he's talking to Barca fans...relax!

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
God take it easy people, stop overeacting to every little word anybody says. If Milan had just won 3 champions Leagues in 5 years, a treble along the way and achieved all the success Barca has, and Pato or Ibra would say the same thing he'd be worshiped like Jesus around here. For god sakes, even before playing a single game for Milan at the begining of the season, I remember Ibra said Milan now had the best attack in the world when he learned we had signed Robinho. Chill out people, Xavi is on a high after winning CL and he's talking to Barca fans...relax!
Wise words.
You dont belong in here + you are not a Milan fan.
Ban :thumbsdown:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
This Barca team will go down as the best ever eventually. Puyol is the only player who's getting on in years. Within 3 or 4 years Fabregas will replace Xavi.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i didn't say that we should be afraid of them, only that at least xavi didn't go so far to claim that this barca is better than those legendary teams.

i agree though that this barca is quite beatable. most teams just flat out give up before the game and allow barca all the space they want in midfield, we have the defence to shut down barca and if allegri at least TRIES to stifle their midfield trio we can cause them many problems.

but if you don't allow them space you are stopping them from playing beautiful football..

Fiero

Reaction score
but if you don't allow them space you are stopping them from playing beautiful football..

And then you get called "anti-football" for not playing football the right way. :lol:

When teams bend over for Barca ala Man Utd, they are called great and classy. If other teams try to put up a fight ala Real Madrid, they are destroying football. :lol:

Yes, thumbs up for Xavi for speaking the truth. Because saying Messi is already the best player in history is not bullshit at all. :lol: Hey I guess if Gattuso calls Ibra the best player in history, we should all bow down to his genius. :lol:

Ffs Xavi is being a big mouthed disrespectful midget. This cunt thinks too much of himself and his team, so fuck him. Those catalans need to be put in their place.

Btw, great players and teams are defined by modesty. I never heard Baresi or Maldini say that they are god's gift to earth. Ffs Thiago Silva says he isn't the best defender in the world, and isn't the best player in our team. Now that's a champion.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Milan Need to Buy Two Star Players to Challenge Barcelona
By Franky T ⋅ June 6, 2011

01_fabgoal_682x400_447164a-300x175.jpg

Milan’s vice President has made the club intentions clear for next season: to win the Champions League. At the best of times this is no easy objective given the focus Europe’s top clubs invest into this competition. But, at this particular point of time, winning the Champions League is even a more ominous task given the seeming invincibility of Barcelona, a team that will go down in history as the best of all time.

Of course, if a team is lucky they may avoid Barcelona altogether and go on to claim European glory. But, given what has transpired over the last three editions of the Champions League, winning the European Cup entails having to overthrow Guardiola’s men.

Last season no one came close to the Catalan side. Real Madrid, Manchester United and Arsenal were all made to look vastly inferior, and they were, as Barcelona almost strolled to their third European triumph in as many years.

The season before, but for a most fortuitous second leg match did Inter narrowly scrape past Barcelona into the final where they went on to defeat Bayern Munich. Despite an impressive first leg defeat of the Spanish in the San Siro, the return leg so easily could have, and perhaps should have, been more than one nil in which case Barca and not Inter would have progressed to the final.

Sir Alex Ferguson’s United first met Barcelona in the final in Rome in the 2009 edition. It was a similar outcome to what was witnessed at Wembley two weeks ago despite United fielding arguably a much stronger side than they did this year.

http://acmilanblog.net/2011/06/06/milan-need-to-buy-two-star-players-to-challenge-barcelona/

Trillske

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The final was good in every way, so I figured I´d chill for some days regarding this otherwise joke of a team.

Xavi really is a brainless **** of the field.
On the field, half the team made a mockery of any modern take on fair play, not seen since.. ever, actually. Funny how I heard some Barcelona fans argue about statistics showing they got kind of few dangerous freekings. No shit sherlocks, thats the f- point. Barcelona didnt just fly that extra meter after a 50/50, no, they hit themselves with the opponents hands to fake dangerous play, be it on midfield or wherever. As a game plan. Thats on the same level as actually trying to injure the opponents as gameplan. If you dont see why, just think some more.

Whether they are good or not (they are) doesnt mather, this years CL winners are simply embarrassing. Pep is the only one that gets away. Calm and respectful at the sidelines, humble and insightful outside the games. Leave this joke of a team, please.

Huge step back for fotball, for everyone involved. And I know how hard that is to see if you are supporting the team that won, so Im not expecting any Barcelona fan to see any substance beyond hatred in this post.

Last edited:

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
The final was good in every way, so I figured I´d chill for some days regarding this otherwise joke of a team.

Xavi really is a brainless **** of the field.
On the field, half the team made a mockery of any modern take on fair play, not seen since.. ever, actually. Funny how I heard some Barcelona fans argue about statistics showing they got kind of few dangerous freekings. No shit sherlocks, thats the f- point. Barcelona didnt just fly that extra meter after a 50/50, no, they hit themselves with the opponents hands to fake dangerous play, be it on midfield or wherever. As a game plan. Thats on the same level as actually trying to injure the opponents as gameplan. If you dont see why, just think some more.

Whether they are good or not (they are) doesnt mather, this years CL winners are simply embarrassing. Pep is the only one that gets away. Calm and respectful at the sidelines, humble and insightful outside the games. Leave this joke of a team, please.

Huge step back for fotball, for everyone involved. And I know how hard that is to see if you are supporting the team that won, so Im not expecting any Barcelona fan to see any substance beyond hatred in this post.

So what? Did they "fake" the goals? The goals were fair, Barcelona could also pass around and let Manunited chase shadows. I'm also not expecting you to comprehend and admire the level of play and passing by Barcelona.

Trillske

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I'm also not expecting you to comprehend and admire the level of play and passing by Barcelona.
Suppose thats pretty weak of you, seeng as I acknowledged it in the very post you are quoting. :fp:
And if I didnt comprehend it I´d say they where lucky, not embarrassing.

The game against united was fine in every way and for one game Barcelona where what they claim to be; fast, offensive, fair play aware and messi was the best player in the world by a mile.

But they could be that team the whole next season, it still woudnt erase their history. This generation of Barcelona is pretty damn dead to me.

Last edited:

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
I'm sorry. Could not comprehend your English either.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Too Good to Succeed
By GABRIELE MARCOTTI | JUNE 12, 2011

For All Their Shrewd Moves, Lille and Udinese Can't Afford to Keep Their Top Players
Anybody still not convinced that European soccer does not operate along the lines of a feudal system may want to keep a close watch on events at Udinese and Lille this summer. Both clubs overachieved last season, yet both are victims of their own success, likely to be hammered back into their normal spot in the pecking order by market forces.

Udinese hails from the cold, foggy northeast corner of Italy. With a metropolitan area of around 175,000 and an average attendance of around 17,500, the club punched above its weight last year to finish fourth in Italy's Serie A. Lille is also a border town a few miles from Belgium, and while its metropolitan area extends to over a million people, it attracted just over 16,000 a game last season despite winning both the French league and the French Cup.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303714704576381340609262756.html

kristpdr

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo Maradona Maldini Baresi Baggio Cafu
Not allowing them space automatically means to give them 90% of the time ball control... There are some exclusions (like the game vs Inter in Milano) but I have noticed when you don't give them space they still keep passing the ball around and that's also very irritating.. Then comes the other problem.. When they don't have the ball they are pressing all around the pitch .. So the '' not allowing them space'' method is uneffective.. It would occasionally work as it happened sometimes that year with some teams that played vs. Barcelona..

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE REVS UP AGAIN

The draw for the preliminary rounds of the 2011-12 Champions League have taken place although Milan will be in the main draw on August 25th.

The Champions League is about to get underway once more although with the first two preliminary rounds so Milan have some to wait to know their group opponents in the main stage of the competition.

Four teams are in the first qualifying round on June 28/29 and July 5/6: SP Tre Fiori of San Marino play Valletta FC from Malta and FC Santa Coloma of Andorra take on Luxembourg's F91 Dudelange.

The group draw, where Milan naturally come in, takes place on Thursday, August 25th in Montecarlo. Milan are in the first pot with a coefficient of 94.110. In the case of Bayern Munich (coefficient 118.887) and Arsenal (108.157) qualifying from the play-off, Milan will be in the second pot. The Final will be played on Saturday, May 19th 2012 in Munich.

http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/134616

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Champions League draw: Benfica meet Trabzonspor as Twente take on Vaslui
The Portuguese giants were paired with the Turkish runners-up, while the Dutch side meet Romanian opposition in the third qualifying round of the 2011-12 Champions League

The draw for the 2011-12 Uefa Champions League third qualifying round took place in Nyon on Friday and it proposes some interesting match-ups.

Portuguese giants Benfica, who finished third in their Champions League group last season, will have to deal with Turkish runners-up Trabzonspor if they are to reach the play-offs.

Furthermore, 2010 Eredivisie champions Twente have been paired with Vaslui, while Russian side Rubin Kazan meet Ukrainian powerhouse Dynamo Kiev.

Belgian representatives Standard Liege and Genk meet Zurich and Partizan or Skendija respectively, while Rangers await a tie with either Malmo or Torshavn.

The first legs will be played on July 26/27, with the return matches taking place one week later on August 2/3.

The five winners from the league route will join Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Olympique Lyonnais, Villarreal and Udinese in the play-offs to decide the five teams progressing from that route to the group stage.

The five winners from group 1 of the champions route will have to fight it out with the winners from group 2 to decide which teams will make the group stage.

The draw in full:

7c09a3acb385e282d8c1d2f898496704.png

Schedule