International Friendlies

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Who'd back Argentina over the Falklands?

That's like us claiming Iceland :lol:

I'd probably bet on Uruguay at those odds. It's dangerous considering that they could all get much worse... but they may improve. They also have people like Abel Hernandez coming through and Cavani/Suarez aren't old. Abreu will also have retired or regressed though.

el loco is AGELESS

you always bring him. Never know when you need a predictable PK, that every except apparently the opposing keeper knows is coming.

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
some idiot named Junas scored a beautiful OG for Sweden. 1-1.

Modric is a nice player, he goes everywhere to create.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
and the best Newsweek cover ever-
The_empire_strikes_back_newsweek.jpg

"We want our sheep!"

Margaret_Thatcher_cropped2.png

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
el loco is AGELESS

you always bring him. Never know when you need a predictable PK, that every except apparently the opposing keeper knows is coming.

Pretty much a skinny Cuauhtemoc Blanco, isn't he? Good at penalties and being unreliably crazy. :lol:

MonsterKane

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo RuiCosta Cafu Balakov Seedorf Nesta VanBommel Gattuso Redondo Baresi Maldini Shevchenko Kahn
Wow, really nice game between Germany and France.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Pretty much a skinny Cuauhtemoc Blanco, isn't he? Good at penalties and being unreliably crazy. :lol:

Blanco's closer to like a fat Ronaldinho, and even that doens't do it....

completely unnecessary flair shots/passes.

MExicans go wild though. You'd think the whole stadium was getting free visa's when he scores, the amount of applause

during his time in MLS (which i found funny cause few were more outspoken v. hating the usa than him), it was like harlem globtrotters of footblal tour..

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Modric is a nice player, he goes everywhere to create.

Jonas Olsson. Good CB. I wouldn't blame it all on him, the GK could've told him "I got this" or something.

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan
His name is Jonas Olsson, plays for West Bromwich. Looked more like a mistake from the goalie who should have communicated better. A totally unnecessary goal.

Sweden plays well, Ibra dominating in a deeper role a bit behind Elmander.

Elmander is to be subbed for John Guidetti now in half time.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
and the best Newsweek cover ever-
The_empire_strikes_back_newsweek.jpg
Amazing. (I support Argentina, obligated by the OAS and the TIAR).

MExicans go wild though. You'd think the whole stadium was getting free visa's when he scores, the amount of applause
:lol:. You bastard haha.

Ok Wales putting some more pressure when we go out with the ball. They understood how to start killing us.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Slovenia leading against Scotland.

We are good. Will qualify for WC.

Luckily our coach was changed (He did a great job though, hats off) so we can finally see Ilicic and Birsa playing together and it is actually working.

EDIT: 1-1 what a stupid goal.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fucking Germans. This is the first time ever I want(more like need) them to win, but this time they're fucking up.

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
Klose misses 2 good chances, didn't expect him to.

Fra-Ger is the only one that is being taken serious by the players.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
the 40:1 was on a random site. Other main british betting sites 33:1.

But i found it interesting v. american at 22:1. European bias :o. Still bitter over uruguay backing of argentina in falklands...

I'd be more worried on lugano more than forlan. Lodiero and Ramirez will improve...and suarez/forlan will both be 27 (prime). Coates, Godin, Caceres have been good, but the leadership organization, lugano can be like cannavaro in 06

Lugano will be 33, almost 34... Not that old for a CB, but one never know.
I put some trust in Tabarez. He made a handful of different formations and tactics work.

Even at 22:1 I think Uruguay is worthy a bet.

I still can't believe he kicked that PK against Ghana that way...

Last edited:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Lets not spread those Uruguay bets too much. I'm planning to place one next year (when I can actually lose money to re-invest in a year), I want to get a lot from el Maracanazo 2.0 (and I stated them winning it since the game vs Ghana in the 2010 WC so come on).

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Putting some money on Uruguay is a very good idea. I'd love them to win the WC.

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
His name is Jonas Olsson, plays for West Bromwich. Looked more like a mistake from the goalie who should have communicated better. A totally unnecessary goal.

Sweden plays well, Ibra dominating in a deeper role a bit behind Elmander.

Elmander is to be subbed for John Guidetti now in half time.

Isakson had his share of blame but you don't send the ball back with a header like that, I have seen OGs like that at least 5-6 times .

Looking forwars to see this Guidetti kid.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
ffs Morison just hit the post :! so close! But he should have scored :/

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

during his time in MLS (which i found funny cause few were more outspoken v. hating the usa than him), it was like harlem globtrotters of footblal tour..

Well, yeah, but for the craziness they're similar. As well as the fact that they're wheeled out for special occasions.

MonsterKane

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo RuiCosta Cafu Balakov Seedorf Nesta VanBommel Gattuso Redondo Baresi Maldini Shevchenko Kahn
Tagliavento fails again. Why the fuck does this referee still get the chance to work in football? Fuck you, Blatter!

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
ffs Morison just hit the post :! so close! But he should have scored :/
No he shouldn't :D. You're putting alot of pressure on us, and obviously I expect you to win in set pieces. But really our keeper looked undecided there (and its a shame cause he's really solid).

Another corner, I can sense goal comming.

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What's wrong with Klose, this is the third.

I also can't believe Muller is being benched in both Germany and Bayern.

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan
2012-2015 Milan attack to debut in a few minutes when second half of Croatia-Sweden starts.

Zlatan + Guidetti

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
No he shouldn't :D. You're putting alot of pressure on us, and obviously I expect you to win in set pieces. But really our keeper looked undecided there (and its a shame cause he's really solid).

Another corner, I can sense goal comming.

it was a free header in the box. Morison holds the ball up well and is decent in that way but in terms of striking attributes he's shite. There's a reason he's only scored 1 goal for us :fp:

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm very disapointed with the Brazilian NT. We've been playing badly, but the most frustrating thing is that I can see Brazilian players who could make a very good team, but they're not being used.

Ronaldinho is finished for international football. I can only see him possibly doing something good if he plays on the left, but that's Neymar's position already. He played once again as a trequartista, when Mano Menezes had Hernanes and Ganso at his disposal for that role. I'd even pick Kaká ahead of him as an option for future squads. I'd just consider calling Ronaldinho up again if those players get injured.

By the way, Ganso played very well. He got involved, which is very good. It's been a fairly long time since I last watched him, and he looked better. Huge improvement over last season's Ganso. Brazil clearly improved right after he got into the game.

The most frustrating thing is that I can't see a good Brazilian coach who could take charge of this team. Muricy Ramalho seems the best option, but I was shocked with Santos's display in December against Barcelona. I'm not talking about the result, but with the lack of defensive work, particularly pressing, from the players upfront. They had focused on that match for months, so I really can't believe it was due to lazyness.

I may be very wrong, but I think our coaches could be stuck in the past. Someone with a good European experience could add something that Seleção lacks, particularly from a tactical point of view. Sometimes I think I'd even like a foreign coach, but that looks impossible.

The problem is that Brazil's coach wants to make Neymar its focus instead of creating a team. Menezes' team is the complete opposite and at the same time very similar to Dunga's team because while they differed in how they performed as a team, they are similar that they will die with their simple vision.

Schedule