Spanish La Liga Thread (BBVA)

Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?

• Total voters

Nasha

Milan Icon
Reaction score
This seasons el classico gon be good.

I have been hearing that since I dont know how long, and it has always been the case. The signings by both Barca and Madrid every year makes the el classico the most anticipated clash year in year out!

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I love their transfer policy

'oh they buy him for 80m'

search some hyped player, sign him for the same amount + 1m

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
over paying for talent over and over, nog to mention this undermines bale and isco which might lead to morale issues.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Going back to a two horse race.

Don't see the fun of watching the league if the big two just buy everyone. Everybody else is miles behind, very unbalanced

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
I see James playing as a false nine rotating with Benzema.

Mozack

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Balotelli Inzaghi Maldini Costacurta Nesta Sheva Djokovic
30M profit in 2 days from James shirts sale.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Going back to a two horse race.

Don't see the fun of watching the league if the big two just buy everyone. Everybody else is miles behind, very unbalanced
That's what people said last year and look what happened.

I don't know what people think but I fully expect Atletico to challenge for trophies again this year. They just signed Griezmann who might end up being their best player, that kid is gonna be good. They bought quality with him, Mandzukic and a gk I can't remember. All in all they could end up being better and stronger in attack.

MilanMarkus

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
That's what people said last year and look what happened.

I don't know what people think but I fully expect Atletico to challenge for trophies again this year. They just signed Griezmann who might end up being their best player, that kid is gonna be good. They bought quality with him, Mandzukic and a gk I can't remember. All in all they could end up being better and stronger in attack.

I was thinking the same: Atletico's attack is looking good now. Last year they coped very well after the departure of their star man Falcao. I think that with Mandzukic and Griezmann Atletico Madrid can repeat this. Atletico sure is making Primera Division exciting again.

I am really looking forward to the Primera Division this year. I can't wait to see whether the combination of Neymar, Messi and Suarez will work. It still puzzles me that they spend 88 million Euro on Suarez. With that money they could have bought two world class CB's, but instead they invest in an area that hardly needs improvement. That would also allow Mascherano to play at his natural position again.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I was thinking the same: Atletico's attack is looking good now. Last year they coped very well after the departure of their star man Falcao. I think that with Mandzukic and Griezmann Atletico Madrid can repeat this. Atletico sure is making Primera Division exciting again.

I am really looking forward to the Primera Division this year. I can't wait to see whether the combination of Neymar, Messi and Suarez will work. It still puzzles me that they spend 88 million Euro on Suarez. With that money they could have bought two world class CB's, but instead they invest in an area that hardly needs improvement. That would also allow Mascherano to play at his natural position again.
I can't comprehend how with all the money they've spent the last 2 seasons the couldn't go out and get a first rate cb. In addition to upgrading that position, like you said it would allow Mascherano to do his thing as well. Just don't get it!

Last edited:

Mozack

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Balotelli Inzaghi Maldini Costacurta Nesta Sheva Djokovic
Atletico already spent over 100M on transfer till now...wow.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Atletico are great at selling and even better at reinvesting.. wow

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Atletico are great at selling and even better at reinvesting.. wow

yeah, that's why they almost bankrupt themselves :lol:

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have been hearing that since I dont know how long, and it has always been the case. The signings by both Barca and Madrid every year makes the el classico the most anticipated clash year in year out!

Nah i got bored of the cassico some time ago. 6 times per year between cups and la liga was overload.

This season im back interested. Something new in barcas midfield and probably 7 world class best at what they do forwards on the pitch between them sounds too good to miss.

So many quality players on the pitch. Pique will feel so out of place.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Congrats Keylor, you deserve this

And that song too :tongue:

EL ÚNICO TICO QUE SABE VOLAR.

Actually he is a top guy, and his lasst season was insane, he was really good since his debut, but last season he even improved in his weakness (corners). It's incredible for a GK from this area got to a team like RM, just going out of CR to Europe is already big for a GK, but getting to the top...

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
J. Oblak €16M
M. Mandžukić €22M
Á. Correa €7.5M
Guilherme Siqueira €10M
Griezmann €30M

That's 85m

We need a new model to follow...too expensive. Southampton is good model.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
1407429540216_wps_2_MADRID_SPAIN_AUGUST_07_Ga.jpg

Fresh off the set of the Planet of the Apes

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
It's not a great picture, but I'd gladly have sex with Bale.

For sexual reasons, not gold-digging.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
damnnn, has he gone bigger?? Thats some huge calves there brah. bale is so cooooooool, i love this guy.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
He's much bigger.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
how much does he weigh now? he used to weigh 74 apparently, i reckon he is 81 ish.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Oh to be thrown onto some hay by him.

*smileywithloveheartsthing*

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Guy is still ugly... 'hide the face, poke the base' type thing, right Kuja?

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
baaaaaaaaaaaaaleee is a beast. Ballon dor next year please. Vamos baaaaale.

Schedule