Massimo Ambrosini Thread

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Faяouk said:
Of course I'd love it if we get rid of Gattuso for a much better player. I don't care if you all make fun of me and say I'm a bullshitter or anything, Gattuso is a very poor player and the only reason he's popular by Milan fans is that he gives 120% on the field... and is a big mouth. Even when giving 120% the likes of Essien, Makelele, Viera, etc.. are MUCH MUCH MUCH better.

Yes Massimo Ambrosini is just an AVERAGE player and scoring a header in the 90th minute every season doesn't change that fact :o he is hardly a sub material, very uncreative offensivly, and NORMAL defensively.
The players you've mentioned are completely different than Max & Rino. Sure, the latter doesn't have the same creativity but the 120% he gives on the pitch the way he did against MU, if you ask me, is 10 times better for us than Vieira on his best day.

Max & Rino are very similar except that Max is advantaged with his scoring sense and disadvantaged with the continuous injuries. His & Rino's style suit our tactics and they both play an important role defensively especially with our shaky defense. Just try to count how many balls they clear or how many minutes they run during a game and you'll realize that it takes more effort to do so than a creative pass or two from Vieira. And just try to imagine the state of our midfield defensively if these two players are absent. Actually you don't have to imagine, you saw how Rino's absence in the second half against MU (first leg) changed things.

It's not like we don't have creative players in our team but to each their own role.

Last edited:

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Faяouk said:
If you rate Gattuso and Ambrosini as good players then it's either you are a cheerleader or you don't watch any team except Milan or you know shit about football.

Well ok I rate Gatusso as a good player and I dont know shit ok?;)Fergusson,every Azzuri coach that had Gattuso in their team doesnt know shit about football also right?Wait Capello,Hitzfield want Gattuso also and they dont know shit right?;)
Good thing we have you so you can teach us what football is and enlighten us with your football knowledge:)

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
Kyara said:
The players you've mentioned are completely different than Max & Rino. Sure, the latter doesn't have the same creativity but the 120% he gives on the pitch the way he did against MU, if you ask me, is 10 times better for us than Vieira on his best day.

Max & Rino are very similar except that Max is advantaged with his scoring sense and disadvantaged with the continuous injuries. His & Rino's style suit our tactics and they both play an important role defensively especially with our shaky defense. Just try to count how many balls they clear or how many minutes they run during a game and you'll realize that it takes more effort to do so than a creative pass or two from Vieira. And just try to imagine the state of our midfield defensively if these two players are absent. Actually you don't have to imagine, you saw how Rino's absence in the second half against MU (first leg) changed things.

It's not like we don't have creative players in our team but to each their own role.

Without Gattuso we are crap because we've got no better replacement, but a player like Makelele is tons better than him + Ambrosini combined defensively, and a player like Essien is better than them both defensively and offensively. Same goes to Vieira. Fact is... there is way much better DMs out there than Gattuso and Ambrosini.

Edi said:
Well ok I rate Gatusso as a good player and I dont know shit ok?;)Fergusson,every Azzuri coach that had Gattuso in their team doesnt know shit about football also right?Wait Capello,Hitzfield want Gattuso also and they dont know shit right?;)
Good thing we have you so you can teach us what football is and enlighten us with your football knowledge:)

Ferguson wanted Gattuso before signing Carrick because he has the offensive creative player in Scholes so he was looking for a defensive player that he found in Gattuso. Lippi had to play Gattuso in his system since there was nobody else available to field, especially with De Rossi suspended till the final. I don't know about Capello :conf: and Hitzfield wanted Gattuso because he'd be better than his crap defensive midfielder after Hargreeves leaves for United. Next.

And yes I will always enlighten you with my football knowledge.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Faяouk said:
Fact is... there is way much better DMs out there than Gattuso .
Actually there is maybe one better DM then Gatusso and that is Essien.The others are below Gattuso.
I am not talking about his techincal abilities but what he brings to the team..

Faяouk said:
Ferguson wanted Gattuso before signing Carrick because he has the offensive creative player in Scholes so he was looking for a defensive player that he found in Gattuso. Lippi had to play Gattuso in his system since there was nobody else available to field, especially with De Rossi suspended till the final. .
Well I wonder why then Fergusson wanted Gattuso?havent you asked yourself that question?And Lippi had to play Gattuso?Check your facts little one before posting stuff;)Gattuso was regular even in the qualifying stage.Since the WC 2002,Euro 2004,WC 2006 he has been a regular;)
I rest my case here...

Faяouk said:
And yes I will always enlighten you with my football knowledge.

On the second thought you better not;)

gj3

Return Of The King
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Ronaldinho, C.Ronaldo, Oddo, Gourcuff
Gattuso and Essien are two of the best DM in the world....ambro is no where near these standards at all....he can't give 120%, he can't tackle aswell as gattuso, he can't attack like essien who is just as good at defending aswell.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Essien is not really a DM, more a modern all-round midfielder, the BEST out there. CLASSES above Gattuso + LOL... Ambro. Love him to bits.

Ambro, to me, has always been the personification of mediocrity :o

Just wondering... Has that Barusso guy (Rimini, Serie B) recovered from his fractured leg ? He was linked with Milan, wasn't he ?

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Just wondering... Has that Barusso guy (Rimini, Serie B) recovered from his fractured leg ? He was linked with Milan, wasn't he ?

Yep, I think we have a first option on the guy and it is pretty much a done deal i suppose. They say he is similar to Essien and Wenger,who rates him pretty highly, has tried to sign him as well. Well, if there's a chance he might turn out to be as good as Essien then i guess it's worth taking a punt at him ;)

As far as Ambro and Gattuso are concerned.. i don't think Ambro is a bad squad player at all. Gattuso IS a good player, sure i think de rossi,essien etc are better overall players but Gattuso is one of the best DM's around nonetheless.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Faяouk said:
Without Gattuso we are crap because we've got no better replacement, but a player like Makelele is tons better than him + Ambrosini combined defensively, and a player like Essien is better than them both defensively and offensively. Same goes to Vieira. Fact is... there is way much better DMs out there than Gattuso and Ambrosini.
The grass always looks greener on the other side. Just cause these players are doing well in their teams, doesn't necessarily mean they're Serie A material.

Besides, Vieira and Makelele are both older than Rino & Max, so where exactly is the rejuvenation here? :rolleyes:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Barusso has been compared to the likes of Desailly and Essien. If we do or have purchased him, I be happy with that but we definately need a box-to-box player in the squad for next season.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
Faяouk said:
Then you need to watch other teams play...

If you rate Gattuso and Ambrosini as good players then it's either you are a cheerleader or you don't watch any team except Milan or you know shit about football.
Sorry dude, but your comments are ridiculous.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
And of course Ambro is an AVERAGE player. Typical sub material with the unexpected glamour moment once a season.
Big words from somebody with a Drogba signature. Talking about average players...

Ambrosini is an awesome player

gj3

Return Of The King
Reaction score
Fav. Players
teis said:
Big words from somebody with a Drogba signature. Talking about average players...

Ambrosini is an awesome player

WTF...now that reply was ridiculous mate. You rate drogba as average and ambro as awesome?....now i know i was right in my opinion, just cause where milan fans doesn't mean we bum every player, have a proper opinion based on the world of football in general...but no...max is AWESOME

Metalheadache

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Janku, Kaka, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Pippo, Gilardino, Dida & Co.
well I don't quite see why Gattuso and Ambro are average players, you can a write whole lot of words but just see how Ambro has suited well in his position as a holding midfielder since he came back, for CL, except 2 games (MIL 0-2 LIL, CEL 0-0 MIL) he did a great job for the rest of his game, 2 assist, 1 - the winning goal against Celtic, 2 - the clincher 3rd goal against MU.... while Carrick was a spectator on field vs Milan, Ambro + Gattuso, were crushing their attacks to bits, you saw how they lunged and gave MU a hard time, I dont blame him (Ambro) for the yellow card as if I'm not mistaken he went for the ball at the right time, but Scholes was quick to make it look the other way with his tricks.

two winning goals against Atalanta, Sampdoria, and one credited to him against Siena (og) was three victories he gave us in Serie A,
hell yeah he might not be a creative player as some think, but IMO, he has done his job well in munching opponents, and he is good in the air as well

Last edited:

gj3

Return Of The King
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yeah thats all good, i was never saying anything about what he has done for us this year, but is he a first team starter for you?, if you could sign anyone else in the world, imo he is the weak link in our midfield

Metalheadache

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Janku, Kaka, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Pippo, Gilardino, Dida & Co.
well if the cap fits wear it man, I was making a general statement, not to anyone in particular :)
and yes I want him in the starting line-up
and yes I have learnt to adopt to the changes Carletto has brought in 4411 esp for CL matches, where he knows there is a balance between offensive and defensive.
hell no I can't think of anyone else better than the duo Ambro-Gattuso infact I was even asking myself what would happen if both Ambro and Gattuso had left? I can't think of anyone replacing them right now, and where Pirlo being a deep-lying midfielder - who has also done well when moving fwd, (Munich + MU games comes to mind) the trio are definitely a great pairing, and it is only normal to think that clubs like Chelsea arent willing to let go their versatile Essien, so thats why I stick with Ambro :)

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Never knew we produced so many dull minded football brains around here. The majority don't know jack about anything. Our current midfield lead us to the final and you want to fork out millions on Essien, Makelele and bla bla when we have one of the best midfields going around.

Don't agree?... Well take a look of who was in the Final, 3 in 5 years, and well a watch replay of the Milan V Man Utd match, teach you noobs a few lessons.

Last edited:

gj3

Return Of The King
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
Never knew we produced so many dull minded football brains around here. The majority don't know jack about anything. Our current midfield lead us to the final and you want to fork out millions on Essien, Makelele and bla bla when we have one of the best midfields going around.

Don't agree?... Well take a look of who was in the Final, 3 in 5 years, and well a watch replay of the Milan V Man Utd match, teach you noobs a few lessons.

thanks just watched the highlights and ambro was not really a key figure....others where great..so sell him i say....thanks for pointing out to watch the highlights....guess you ain't gone out yet...to busy building your reputation on the internet so your no longer a "noob"...fair play...good luck with that!

p.s. don't try to reply saying something too funny now...i gta go revise for my a levels, have fun dinglebury

Mystik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Highlights really don't show great defensive work in them. Ambro had a GREAT game against Man U. Try catching a replay sometime. Gattuso/Ambro owned their midfield.

Metalheadache

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:

No point mate, people dont quite see the quality in our players - without them there wouldnt be the consistency in Europe, and we wouldnt be ranked No.1 now, otoh, they want classy names like you've mentioned.... and maybe they want us to be the next Chelsick :mad:

Mystik said:
Highlights really don't show great defensive work in them. Ambro had a GREAT game against Man U. Try catching a replay sometime. Gattuso/Ambro owned their midfield.
Agree with that

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Oh, take some other advice and build a bridge and get over it, champ. Tought you already did... obviously not.

Yes I said WATCH the replay, not the highlights. There's a difference... just a "tad" ;)

So you obviously missed Gilardino's goal, right?... cos well umm... last time I saw it Max played a brilliant through ball to him. Hmmm someone wasn't paying too much attention, or any, and we are ment to take your views upon Milan players seriously when you can't tell them apart or recognise how well they play?

We can clearly see this through your admiration for Oliveira in your signature.

Ambrosini has won more matches alone than Oliveira has for Milan. So I reccommend you either watch Milan play or just shut your mouth when dicussing our players. ;)

Oh well my bad. =)

Last edited:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mystik said:
Well said mate.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Metalheadache said:
No point mate, people dont quite see the quality in our players - without them there wouldnt be the consistency in Europe, and we wouldnt be ranked No.1 now, otoh, they want classy names like you've mentioned.... and maybe they want us to be the next Chelsick :mad:
Gold:star:

Couldn't have put it better myself. Just goes to show that they don't fully comprehend the most important factors of having a champion team other than a team of champions.

gj3

Return Of The King
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
Oh, take some other advice and build a bridge and get over it, champ. Tought you already did... obviously not.

Yes I said WATCH the replay, not the highlights. There's a difference... just a "tad" ;)

So you obviously missed Gilardino's goal, right?... cos well umm... last time I saw it Max played a brilliant through ball to him. Hmmm someone wasn't paying too much attention, or any, and we are ment to take your views upon Milan players seriously when you can't tell them apart or recognise how well they play?

We can clearly see this through your admiration for Oliveira in your signature.

Ambrosini has won more matches alone than Oliveira has for Milan. So I reccommend you either watch Milan play or just shut your mouth when dicussing our players. ;)

Oh well my bad. =)

ooo getting a bit stressed out are we?....my sig says i still have faith, i never said he was awesome, try opening your eyes....and don't cry about it mate...move on yeah?...and btw how are you going to make me shut my mouth when discussing players, are you going to stop me from posting...nah thought not....yet again don't cry and chill out :tongue:

edit: why are you seeking comfort from other members?...."well said".."gold"...your 20 try growing up rather then following the crowd

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gj3 said:
ooo getting a bit stressed out are we?....my sig says i still have faith, i never said he was awesome, try opening your eyes
When did I ever say you think he is awesome? ;)

gj3 said:
....and don't cry about it mate...move on yeah?
You should take your own advice some time... I was over it the other day. ;)

gj3 said:
edit: why are you seeking comfort from other members?...."well said".."gold"...your 20 try growing up rather then following the crowd
Do you think I'm living in the BB House or something? It seems that you are paranoid and feel uncomfortable or something and are just going on about... fuck do I know... their posts are spot on, so whats really your problem if I comment on there's? :/

gj3

Return Of The King
Reaction score
Fav. Players
and his swearing again....chill....

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Australian lifestyle... you will get used to it ;)

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
Fact is, there is much better players out there rather than Ambrosini or Gattuso... and if they both took us to 3 finals in 5 years, then with Essien or De Rossi we would have won it 5 years out of 5.

And Kyara, I was just stating that Makelele is tons better than both Gattuso and Ambrosini, but I didn't say that I want him here. But I wouldn't mind Makelele in Gattuso's place or Ambro's... and I'm not joking.

Metalheadache

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
Gold:star:

Couldn't have put it better myself. Just goes to show that they don't fully comprehend the most important factors of having a champion team other than a team of champions.
Spot on mate.... will be back

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
gj3 said:
WTF...now that reply was ridiculous mate. You rate drogba as average and ambro as awesome?....now i know i was right in my opinion, just cause where milan fans doesn't mean we bum every player, have a proper opinion based on the world of football in general...but no...max is AWESOME
Take Drogba's fysical strength away and he's completely useless. Ambrosini is a great player. We probably have the best midfield in the world right now. And Ambrosini is part of it

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
gj3 said:
thanks just watched the highlights and ambro was not really a key figure....others where great..so sell him i say....thanks for pointing out to watch the highlights....guess you ain't gone out yet...to busy building your reputation on the internet so your no longer a "noob"...fair play...good luck with that!

p.s. don't try to reply saying something too funny now...i gta go revise for my a levels, have fun dinglebury
So you're someone who rates players on highlights. Says enough imo

Schedule