The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Lol that shirt was just unpacked.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
coming to a signing with Maldini with an un-ironed shirt... vergonga

That shirt came straight out of the package. Legend.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Looks like a good guy.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
A shirt that is not ironed shows lack of ambition as we were obviously not ready to improve this team.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
so a younger papu gomez on a free wouldnt give you a half chub?

Never seen papu play in my life... just doesnt look proper... an unskilled Jackie Earle Haley look abt him.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
he just came with torino fc to milano and just stayed
maybe only torino clothes in the bag

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MYAIJdz_

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Str8 to Barbers for a respectable short back & sides.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Am gonna wait to see his defensive skills.
But as a first impression he seems like a mix of both & probably can coexist with both.

indeed, only the field will deliver the verdict.
given his characteristics it think he'll do fine...especially since Pioli football seems to be "simple" ... tasks are clear and simple.

i believe over complication is limiting a lot of careers especially for midfielders.
the rise of CM got a lot of players that could have been great AMs or DMs looking average.
Kessie, Hakan are examples in our team.
it's one of these concept that become popular thanks to a few exceptional players, and we want the all the ordinary players to do the same.

the truth is only few players can be great offensively & Defensively ... or they can be good at both but doing both at once can make you be average/bad at both.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
If Mandzukic comes we might play 4-2-4 with Hakan in midfield, Leao-Ibrahimovic-Mandzukic-Rebic upfront against small teams

:b:

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
he just came with torino fc to milano and just stayed
maybe only torino clothes in the bag

Maybe he just hurried and didn't have time. I know I would if I got to leave regelation Torino for 1st milan :cool:

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Disagree with your logic. Tonali and Meite are 2 different players. Tonali is more direct replacement for Bennacer. Tonali will still play. Instead of playing with Kessie, he will play with Meite. Thats all

you are a 100% correct
Tonali is a different mid from every one else ... Bennacer included.
style wise he is not even a match for this team... he is a possession based football type of midfielder/playmaker that needs time on the ball...

i used to compare him to Bennacer myself (back when the Kojack guy was on this comparison case everyday). or when people where saying Tonali will replace Kessie when we signed him. and i used to say he is most likely to deputize for Bennacer than Kessie.
... now that he is here and they are playing in the same concept (style) i realize that they're very different ... meaning in this style if you have a Bennacer and looking for a backup, Tonali is NOT the best pick (in this style we're playing, 2 man midfield)... in that case having a press resistant who moves the ball quick DM is a more important characteristic.
the hope is that he develop into that. but we are not there yet... so atm, a Meite who seems to be great at evading pressure, strong physically is a better alternative ... regardless of other great qualities Tonali has.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Thats a nice coat... needed to be a little longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule