AC Milan 2-1 Livorno 2/11/07

Riccardo

AAAARGGHH!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Rui Costa
So can we have fans for this one as the San Siro doesn't fit the bill apparently.

p.s First match thread opener.

Riccardo

AAAARGGHH!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Rui Costa
“We will play the matches scheduled for Week 23 on Sunday,” said Galliani after leaving the meeting.

“Last weekend’s Serie A games will take place on April 18, whereas Serie B will play on April 17.”

Galliani

Channel 4

So, as far as I can see, it's official.

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
Well its advantage for us...2 games on our pitch :)

Livorno is not so vulnerable team and i think that will be a problem to open them.
I think that Carlo must field 2 strikers upfront Oliveira(Ronaldo) and Gila.

Maybe Kaladze will be back instead Bonera and defenetely i wanna see Gourcuf in the middle.

It will be nice to see also Storari on the goal.
Am so curios how will be doing in Milan? Its his time definetely. Having the lifetime transfer and getting chance at once.

I know that Oddo will be on his duty as always and i expect a good crosses.Am sure that he will keep our right flank safe.

I cant wait and see Ronaldo in the team wearing our jersey.
Am 100% that he will give his all to score in his debut.

--------------Storari---------------
Oddo----Kaladze----Maldini----Janku
Gourcuf--------Pirlo---------Gattuso
--------------KAKA-----------------
-------Ronaldo------Gilardino--------

Damn it....look the formation.Its like a brand new Milan :D

AC Milan 2-0 Livorno
scorers (Gilardino, Ronaldo)

Last edited:

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
Demerio said:

Livorno is not so vulnerable team and i think that will be a problem to open them.

Maybe Kaladze will be back instead Bonera and defenetely i wanna see Gourcuf in the middle.

Am so curios how will be doing in Milan? Its his time definetely. Having the lifetime transfer and getting chance at once.

I know that Oddo will be on his duty as always and i expect a good crosses.Am sure that he will keep our right flank safe.

AC Milan 2-0 Livorno

bonera has been playing well lately i would keep his partnership with maldini for this game and leave kala on the bench.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Riccardo said:
“We will play the matches scheduled for Week 23 on Sunday,” said Galliani after leaving the meeting.

“Last weekend’s Serie A games will take place on April 18, whereas Serie B will play on April 17.”

Galliani

Channel 4
So, as far as I can see, it's official.
Oh, please, you believe Galliani of all people? The IFGC have not made a decision yet as to whether games will resume this weekend until a government meeting on Wednesday. Until then, Serie A is still on hiatus.

http://www.acmilan-online.com/cgi-bin/newspro/viewnews.cgi?newsid1170755720,81038,

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
You're hoping a lot if you think Ronaldo will play and score :o

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
The crisis talks between Government and football authorities have concluded and the season is set to resume this weekend, but only in stadiums that are up to code.

Yesterday's news

Hopefuly today we will have the confirmation and then the question of the poeple in the stands will remain. The city must co-operate with both clubs and react ASAP!

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Henry, Raul, Sergio Ramos
Demerio said:

AC Milan 2-0 Livorno

I like your formation alot but i would change maldini whit bonnera.

And it realy depends if ronnie is fit,but if he is i wish he can score..but i dont think carlo will play like that..he would probably use sedork and cafu and pippo gila althought it never works.

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
pussycat_doll said:
I like your formation alot but i would change maldini whit bonnera..

:eek: :eek:

demerio, your formation looks great IMO and i'd like pippo there but gila can be subbed ;) OMG he is injured! DAMN then oliveira can replace gila after first half

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
We will play in empty stadium ?

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Besi said:
We will play in empty stadium ?

It will be decided tomorow.Its stupid if there are no fans.I mean with no fans its not a game its a practice....
Anyway my formation for this one would be

___________Storrari_________________

____Oddo___Bonera____Maldini__Marek

________________Pirlo______________

__Gatusso_________________Gourcuff__

________________Kaka______________

_____Ronaldo_______________Gila_____

dida

>>*&#322;)*I*&#322;)*@*<<
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*Dida* *Maldini* *Nesta* *Gattuso*
Edi said:
It will be decided tomorow.Its stupid if there are no fans.I mean with no fans its not a game its a practice....

good formation,but i think carlo will play seedorf insted of gourcuff..

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Edi said:
Well, that's too bad if the fans can't learn to control themselves. Can't have it both ways. All games ought to be played in empty stadiums this weekend regardless of who's up to code and who isn't. Unfortunately, I get the impression that the IFGC is just anxious to pretend everything's back to normal.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
The Real Spirit of Football

Milan have won 7 from 14 of their encounters against Livorno at the San Siro but have suffered just 1 defeat and drawn 6 games.

5833_news.jpg

Rino Gattuso in Milan-Livorno on April 30, 2006

Milan and Livorno have played each other 29 times in Serie A. The Rossoneri have won 12, the Amaranto 7 and 10 have ended in draws. 14 games have been played at the San Siro, with Milan winning 7, losing just 1 and drawing 6. These home games have produced 30 goals for Milan and 13 against, with no penalties for but 3 conceded.

Livorno currently occupy a mid-table position on 23 points thanks to 5 wins and 8 draws. The Tuscan side have also lost 8 times. However, they have only picked up 8 points away from home, with 2 wins - both in October, against Ascoli and Messina - and 2 draws. They have only taken 1 point in the last 3 games and that came in a home draw with Roma while they lost at Atalanta and Fiorentina.

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=39788

seems the game is on...

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Serie A Set To Resume On Saturday, Six Games Behind Closed Doors

It has now been confirmed that Serie A actions will resume this weekend. However, the bans on stadia will kick in as predicted, and that will see only four games being played in front of the public.

A quick wrap up of the final decision is as follows:
- Serie A action to resume on Saturday,
- Stadia complying with norms to be open to public,
- Matches open to public to take place during the day,
- Remaining games to take place behind closed doors.

The impact of the judgements is that only the following four games will be open to public:
- Palermo-Empoli,
- Roma-Parma,
- Sampdoria-Ascoli
- Torino-Reggina

All four games will be played during the day. Meanwhile, six games will take place behind closed doors:
- Atalanta-Lazio,
- Cagliari-Siena,
- Chievo-Inter,
- Fiorentina-Udinese,
- Messina-Catania
- Milan-Livorno.

Among other things this also means that Ronaldo will make his Milan debut behind closed doors.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=228737

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
to whom it may be usefull:

Associazione Sportiva Livorno Calcio is a football club based in Livorno, Tuscany. The club was formed in 1915 and currently plays in Italian Serie A, having returned there in 2004 after last playing in Italy's top division in 1949. The team's colors are dark red or maroon (amaranto in Italian, from which the team nickname derives). The best placement in Italian Serie A was second place in 1942/1943 season, during which the amaranto gave life to a head-to-head competition with Torino Calcio. The team features in their home fixtures at the 18,200 seater Stadio Armando Picchi.

Livorno's supporters are known for their left-wing politics and their fierce, often violent, rivalries with several "right wing" team supporters, especially those of S.S. Lazio, Internazionale, Hellas Verona, Silvio Berlusconis A.C. Milan and with some elements of A.S. Roma's support. The notorious right-wing Lazio striker Paolo Di Canio gave a fascist salute to his own fans during a match between his side and Livorno, where tensions were running particularly high due to the political contrasts of each club's respective ultra groups.

Livorno were promoted from Serie B after finishing 3rd in the league at the end of the 2003/04 campaign, one of six clubs to be promoted that season. It had been fifty-five years since Livorno's last season in the top flight, and as a result of this, most were predicting an instant return to Serie B for the club. There were spells of struggle during the season, but there were many more good performances shown, and Livorno finished a surprise and creditable 9th place in the league for the 2004/05 Serie A season.

The club certainly seems more sure to stay clear of relegation this season, especially after Livorno managed to keep their star striker Cristiano Lucarelli at the club, who was the top scorer of Serie A during their successful season, outscoring even the likes of Shevchenko and Adriano. In fact, after the first half of the season the team was placed sixth, fighting for qualification to the next UEFA Cup. However, shortly after Roberto Donadoni announced his resignations after having been criticized by the club's chairman Aldo Spinelli. Donadoni was then replaced by veteran coach Carlo Mazzone, who was only able to save a UEFA Cup place due to the expulsion of four teams from Europe in the 2006 Serie A match fixing scandal. Mazzone has seen his team suffer a run of seven straight defeats. In the 2006/2007 season, Daniele Arrigoni will be the new coach.

In 2005/2006, following the Serie A scandal, Livorno was admitted to UEFA Cup for its first time ever. The Tuscanian side were drawn to face Austrian team SV Pasching in the first round, and beat them comfortably 3-0 on aggregate. They thus qualified for the group stages and were drawn in Group A, along with Rangers, Auxerre, Partizan Belgrade and Maccabi Haifa.

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Henry, Raul, Sergio Ramos
crazymilangirl said:
:eek: :eek:

demerio, your formation looks great IMO and i'd like pippo there but gila can be subbed ;) OMG he is injured! DAMN then oliveira can replace gila after first half

About maldini,he can`t run for the whole 90 minutes,but he would be great coming on let say in the 70 minute to refresh the defence(lol the irony in the world refresh) and keep our back line safe for the rest of the game.

Reaction score
Edi said:

MILAN-LIVORNO: THE DISCIPLINARY SITUATION
2/8/2007

The Rossoneri have three disqualified players for Sunday's Milan-Livorno match: Marek Jankulovski, Dario Simic and Marco Storari. Livorno have two disqualified players: Cristiano Lucarelli and Stefano Morrone.

So janku wont be able to play. But why Storari is disqualified?

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
TTS53 said:
2/8/2007

The Rossoneri have three disqualified players for Sunday's Milan-Livorno match: Marek Jankulovski, Dario Simic and Marco Storari. Livorno have two disqualified players: Cristiano Lucarelli and Stefano Morrone.

oh no thats bad news that means either facchin or fiori will be in goal and the defence should be oddo-bonera-kala-maldini or kala and maldii the other way round i am glad that lucarelli is suspended though.

FORZA MILAN!!!

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
Milan-Livorno will be shown on Setanta sport for UK members. ;)

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
A hard game us upon us.
We need 2 win.
Come on guys , u r paid 2 win so WIN THIS GAME.

dida

>>*&#322;)*I*&#322;)*@*<<
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*Dida* *Maldini* *Nesta* *Gattuso*
TTS53 said:
2/8/2007

strorari disqualified??
that must be a mistake..

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
nicholasbellono said:
Or do we find out when it happens?
1h before the game the line-ups will be presented on the official page. Other than that you can only seek for Ancelotti's press conference before the game again from the official site.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Finally a game!

However, our defense looks to have taken quite a hit with those suspensions. Hope Storari's a mistake I was really looking forward to seeing how he performs. Hopefully, Ronaldo + Kaladze will be fit to play since we don't have a cover for Janku at LB - unless Grimi gets to start.

--------------------- Fiori

Oddo ------ Bonera -------- Maldini -------- Kaladze

----------- Gattuso -- Pirlo -- Brocchi

---------------------- Kaka

------------- Gila -------------- Ronaldo

Alternatively,

--------------------- Fiori

Oddo ------ Bonera -------- Maldini -------- Brocchi

----------- Gattuso -- Pirlo -- Clarence

---------------------- Kaka

------------- Gila -------------- Oli

This one has really tough written all over it.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Fiori will play? This is the game of the century.

Schedule