AC Milan - Inter Milan 03/09/2022 18:00 CET

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wonderful and stressful experience

Leao, Mike, and Tonali are absolute studs

I was shocked Inzaghi didn't just start Dzeko and cross to him all games :lol: Should be obvious that is Milan's weakness by now

Gonna sound like I'm beating a dead horse but bringing on Brahim when you need to control and kill a game is....questionable. Adli is so much more suited for that type of task. No coincidence Milan lost control in that period

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
diaz, man.. guy was invisible as always and the quality of our game dropped distinctively after he came in

salad is a shame to the sport, making fouls in our half one after the other and posters wanted him as RB lmao

leao best player in serie A, CDK is a joy to watch, even Giroud had a solid game with his typical one gold touch

got to compliment Tonali who after a bad start to the season really stepped up for this match

after that 2nd merda goal we saw how much we suffered with a midget for a CB duo, we will concede heavily against physically capable attacking players in CL, dzeko has made a fool of tomori several times (not just on goal). team mentality also was shook and we're very far from competing against the top of europe.
We never conceded based on headers. In fact we dominated the air game. It’s the pressing where we got exposed. We lost shape because of it. And Tomori lost his marker. Dzeko is just like Giroud, he knows how move around the box.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
We never conceded based on headers. In fact we dominated the air game. It’s the pressing where we got exposed. We lost shape because of it. And Tomori lost his marker. Dzeko is just like Giroud, he knows how move around the box.
yes, and dzeko is a geriatric serie a fodder
imagine benzema, lewandowski, haaland.. tomori would get eaten alive
i haven't said we lost the air game, i said midget CB duo would suffer with quality opposition physical attributes wise.. that means inside the box as well

botman could have been the solution to this

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yes it's a problem when you have a weak bench. When you press like that for the whole match you need quality subs to come in and continue that work.

He DID continue that work. Others (understandably) didn't. And on top of that, some of the quality on the ball went down. The runs off the ball were not as frequent. Not as many options. Etc.

It's easy to find a scapegoat and blame him for everything. I've done my own fair share of Diaz criticism....but I really don't see how he was responsible for anything bad today. To blame him (or other subs) for the drop off is simply not fair today.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
I think Calabria was strong until he ran out of gas, but I think having a Valverde-like RW would be great. I'm really hoping Dest can be that player.

Brahim coming on changed the entire game. Our shape collapsed with him on the field. It was insane. CDK's hardwork off-the-ball and physical presence helped so much, even if he was uneven in this game, but he was a threat, which meant Broz and Inter's midfield had to play more honest.

Brahim was horrific today. Worst player, by far.

CDK wasn’t even that great today but god damn, the change when Diaz came on was insane. It messed up our whole midfield shape and the link between our attack and midfield was gone. Gave Inter so much space and tbf to Inzaghi his subs helped a great deal and they started putting more pressure on us.

Pioli has to realise that when the game is working, you don’t need to make subs unless your players are visibly tired, like Calabria was. No need to have subbed CDK off at that point. AM is IMO the most important position in Piolismo and it showed today. Diaz stands no chance. I hope Pioli saw it and learns his lesson. Don’t use subs when the game is working so well.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
had a long day as soon as one is available could someone link the full match please website i found usually slack

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
I'm sure that was the plan originally. To buy a cb and move Kalulu to rb, which we should still eventually do.
Hate to say it but Tomori isn’t looking sharp lately. Kalulu is a colossus in the center and shouldn’t be touched

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
CDK wasn’t even that great today but god damn, the change when Diaz came on was insane. It messed up our whole midfield shape and the link between our attack and midfield was gone. Gave Inter so much space and tbf to Inzaghi his subs helped a great deal and they started putting more pressure on us.

Pioli has to realise that when the game is working, you don’t need to make subs unless your players are visibly tired, like Calabria was. No need to have subbed CDK off at that point. AM is IMO the most important position in Piolismo and it showed today. Diaz stands no chance. I hope Pioli saw it and learns his lesson. Don’t use subs when the game is working so well.

CDK had a yellow tho, and couldve had another one.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score

He had to sub him though as I don't think he wanted to risk a second yellow for CDK

ACMilanello

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It's not Diaz faut at all. It was Inter subs that changed the game. Dzeko could win x our CBs unlike Lautaro and Correa. Di Marco made their left side alive again. The Armenian dude wasn't anything special but Barella was pure trash.

And we couldn't adjust to their changes for 15-20 minutes. That could have lost us points but thankfully it didn't.

The moment after the third goal was about being serious Calcio. Sit back, defend in block and exploit the counters as Inter would need to attack. But this team struggles with that sometimes. The team couldn't sit back and gave them lot's of spaces and neither was pressing them high cause there was not much more gas in the tank.
This is Pioli's problem but not mine.
I'll just celebrate cause we deserved that win so fucking much anyway.
CDK lost Brozo on the first goal, but other than that pressed very nicely and most importantly soaked up a lot of attention. When Diaz got subbed in he didn't press effectively nor take up any attention, which opened up the game a lot. The goal from Dzeko would probably have been conceded anyways, but I don't think we would've lost the midfield like we did. CDK should be fresher for the Salzburg game though which is nice, but I don't agree with that sub from Pioli at all.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
We kinda really need a tall aerially dominant center back next to Kalulu. People said it all summer and it showed today.

But first, a RW and better midfielder is priority. Kjaer coming back is massive for us.

Maybe Thiaw can be that guy, he should get some minutes against Serie a fodder teams

We really missed someone like Kessie today to come on for the last 25 minutes and close out the game. Krunic would have been ideal too but he was injured.

Rafa Leao though. Wow. No way Gerry sees this boy play and decides not to renew him. As an American would say he’s our “franchise player”

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tomori has the harder task because he plays on Theo's side, I think you have to give Tomori that when assessing what he has to do, he's usually the CB that is entrusted with pushing up first before Kalulu. Kalulu is the safety valve.

Their first goal was on CDK letting Broz go, he gave up on the tracking run, watch it back.

Brahim was at fault for our lost shape in the second half. He was invisible, you couldn't even see him hassling Broz. Broz was able to push up, he did not pose a threat, he did not help out either, the team was significantly unbalanced after he came on. I'm sorry, he just really messed with out shape.

Shape is everything, especially with this team where we are literally pressing both the ball and the man. If you have a weak link in the press, the press doesn't work, and the other team will find a lot more space. Brahim was a huge problem today, huge.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Sorry but it was me ordering KFC that turned the game around bitch :head:
pingu at season's end:

OswaldCobblepotBatmanReturns.jpg

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
CDK lost Brozo on the first goal, but other than that pressed very nicely and most importantly soaked up a lot of attention. When Diaz got subbed in he didn't press effectively nor take up any attention, which opened up the game a lot. The goal from Dzeko would probably have been conceded anyways, but I don't think we would've lost the midfield like we did. CDK should be fresher for the Salzburg game though which is nice, but I don't agree with that sub from Pioli at all.
He was not pressing high cause the team wasn't pressing high anymore as a whole. They really lost intensity which is understandable at the minute 65 but they were not sitting back in a deeper position orderly either.
Also, what shape? He was occupying the same space CDK did. If Pioli wanted him to drop back to the 2nd line he would have asked him (or used Tonali, Pobega or Adli as third CM).

ACMilanello

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He was not pressing high cause the team wasn't pressing high anymore as a whole. They really lost intensity which is understandable at the minute 65 but they were not sitting back in a deeper position orderly either.
Also, what shape? He was occupying the same space CDK did. If Pioli wanted him to drop back to the 2nd line he would have asked him (or used Tonali, Pobega or Adli as third CM).

I think Diaz was an important part in us pressing less, because he simply presses less and also get's caught more in no-mans land with bad decision making. When he on top of that also doesn't offer us any outlet (5 passes, 3 completed) we are clearly going to suffer. Anyways, awesome win where we dominated mostly.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Just a hunch, but methinks Inter put up photos of our Scudetto celebrations on the locker room walls to be motivated for the Derby :lol:

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa

amanmilan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
You see kebab refused to shake Theo’s hand before kick off, so glad that wasteman isn’t on our team anymore, today just proved how useless he was

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
You see kebab refused to shake Theo’s hand before kick off, so glad that wasteman isn’t on our team anymore, today just proved how useless he was
i wouldnt say he was useless, he played a part in us scoring 2 of our 3 goals today, without his passing or ball watching we might have struggled a bit

ToonInvader

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Seedorf, Zidane, Inzaghi
CDK should occupy the midfield way more IMHO. he gravitated around Giroud too often I think. Tonali s missed shot should have been A CDKing Goal.

Schedule