Alessio Romagnoli Thread

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Javier Zanetti, Internazionale <3
If you think about it realistically, you technically have two future starting defenders on the Italian National team if they pan out the way they can with DS, and AR. You also have to remember he's only 20 and Silva started when he was 23-24?
Realistically, you're paying for at least 5-10 years of service! He will be great!

Cokata

E46
Reaction score
Here's my 2 cents for now. He is clearly our best CB at the moment, but he is not head and shoulders above the rest. Overall he positions himself well, is good at distributing the ball forward, and is pretty good in the air. He is a little shaky when in one v one situations though. So far he seems like the polar opposite of Zapata, who is good at making last ditch saves, but is pretty bad at everything else.

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
Considering:
  • His age
  • Playing in the derby so early in his Milan career
  • Being partnered with Zapata

I think he played solidly.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
He could have closed Guarin better, but what else did he do wrong? On Icardi chance Des was late. Icardi basically didnt touch the ball from Ronagnoli 1st half.

I think he was more then good.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
He is clearly our best CB at the moment, but he is not head and shoulders above the rest.

I don't know if being clearly our best CB is something to cherish considering that he's competing against Mexes, Zapata, Alex and Rodrigo Ely.

Spending 25 million for a half-upgrade of ONLY ONE position in defense and then saying that we need to get to 3rd place is stuff that gets you locked in a madhouse.

If Miha gets us to 3rd place with this team, he has done a miracle and needs an automatic extension.

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho
There were a couple of times where he hit stupid long balls to no adress, he should take it easy and play a bit more simple.

Other than that, he was solid. He has clearly alot of potential, I think those money was well spent.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
He plays amazingly well for his age, what a talent. I look forward to watching him grow & improve with us.

:love:

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
if we don't reach CL we are going to start having money/ffp related problems

Not necessarily, a lot will depend on how the 480 mill is counted...

Our only true building block for the future <3

We said a similar thing about De Sciglio. He needs at least two seasons at solid levels before we get the hopes up. If he plays great this year, I expect a Chelsea or Manchester City to come knocking with a 45-50mill offer and that's when we'll know for certain how serious we are to building a strong team.

In the meantime, he's currently not even part of the national team.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
And idiots laughed when I said he was the best Italian CB prospect in a decade :lol::fp: Btw I was the only one begging to sign him BEFORE we were linked to him or Miha.

Seratore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
was fairly invisible during the match. but on a very positive way. nesta like way. :) there were games that you didn't even notice nesta was playing because he was so elegant and he misplaced balls from the attackers an cut passes from the midfield that those players didn't even notice it. we wouldn't concede anything and people would be like : did nesta even play ? :)

i hope he continues to evolve because i see a lo of potential in him ...

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
And idiots laughed when I said he was the best Italian CB prospect in a decade :lol::fp: Btw I was the only one begging to sign him BEFORE we were linked to him or Miha.

That's not true. I said he's my number one dream signing but completely unrealistic. Never thought Roma would let him go, but what a major coup.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
That's not true. I said he's my number one dream signing but completely unrealistic. Never thought Roma would let him go, but what a major coup.

also AC kid

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He did look a bit lost at their second goal to be honest. But he's young, can't blame him if he's not 100% every match.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva

I was the first to mention his name here. He was my first dream signing alongside Darmian. Where are you, qaas?

Maybe the two of us? ;p

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
every good signing we've ever made, i was the first one to say we should do it

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
I love this player.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Great performance. I think the only wrong thing he did was a stupid challenge to Thereau at the end of the game.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
looked perfect with zapata and even towards the end. the alex sub fucked up the rhythm of the defence. unreal sub by miha

adit

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
another nice performance, it's about time he would be called to Italy's national team

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli is a gem!

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
Good, dependable performance. Him and Zapata make a good pairing imo.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Nesta: "Football is a drug, so I became a coach. Milan have done well to spend so much on Romagnoli "

Schedule