Alessio Romagnoli Thread

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
You're a simple guy. Say your scenario comes true. Milan are still down with 8 men and no time on the clock. Plus an extra suspension for the next game as well.

The word you are looking for is not competitive. it's meathead. Smart players think consequences. That was a meathead move.

Now 50 mil for this brave competitive lad who plays with heart. Thanks.

i'm not saying it was right or wrong, i'm saying that i don't give a fuck about it. it was instinctual in a stressful game. it was a competitive meathead move.

i think he keeps performing well game after game. with that midfield in front of him and his co-defenders, i can only applaud him.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
He's bound to do mistakes guys. Calm down. He's a cb who iss 21, you expect consistency at this stage ? Come onn

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
i'm not saying it was right or wrong, i'm saying that i don't give a fuck about it. it was instinctual in a stressful game. it was a competitive meathead move.

i think he keeps performing well game after game. with that midfield in front of him and his co-defenders, i can only applaud him.

It's okay if you don't care but he is supposed to be our main center back so it might be good to have him next game. If you want to do well in the league you have to think big picture and the next game. If he did that in the second leg of a cup tie or a final I would understand but he we have lost 3 points and his antics makes the next week's three points harder to achieve.

His performance was alright. So was niang's. But guess what ? Their mistakes may cost us 6 points than just 3. It's not about competitive and heroic when you are facing a lost battle. It's about being smart, counting your dead and thinking about winning the war.

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I know he tried to hand the ball and stop it from scoring, but the goal counted so basically what he did , did not affect the play at all... so why did he get a yellow card?
unsporting behavior. The goal stood because the ref gave advantage. But just like you tackled someone hard and the ref gave advantage cause your team had the ball, doesnt mean he will come back for you to book you

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
It's okay if you don't care but he is supposed to be our main center back so it might be good to have him next game. If you want to do well in the league you have to think big picture and the next game. If he did that in the second leg of a cup tie or a final I would understand but he we have lost 3 points and his antics makes the next week's three points harder to achieve.

His performance was alright. So was niang's. But guess what ? Their mistakes may cost us 6 points than just 3. It's not about competitive and heroic when you are facing a lost battle. It's about being smart, counting your dead and thinking about winning the war.

i don't disagree with any of this

but this was an isolated incident, do you see him do stupid shit game after game? he's usually calm and collected for being so young. stop nitpicking bro, he's not balp or something.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Honest assessment? He is not balotelli. I can at least say he is in the right profession . But he does have defensive lapses. Positional failures. Slow reactions. Discipline issues. Whatever happened today.

If we cannot provide him with an on the field father figure like nesta with Silva, then I'm just saying, 50 mil is a very generous offer. Chelsea have many experienced defenders that can take his game up and a fairly good coach. If we don't have the means to develop him then it's good to pass him on.

I guess the main issue with Chelsea's offer is we have some deal with Roma where we have to share his future sale price so it won't be profitable for us to get rid of him now.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
The truth - shit for 2 games now, both.

Take it as you wish.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If we cannot provide him with an on the field father figure like nesta with Silva, then I'm just saying, 50 mil is a very generous offer. Chelsea have many experienced defenders that can take his game up and a fairly good coach. If we don't have the means to develop him then it's good to pass him on.

this is a very lame. by your logic we might as well dissolve all our youth academies since there are no nesta, seedorf, sheva to guide them. i mean what is even the point in trying.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Absolutely. That is the logic. if you can't develop you sell. Considering that we can only claim donnarumma to be a world class player that we have produced with any sort of consistency, shutting it down is perfectly fine with me. On the flip side we spent plenty of money bringing in talented youth and absolutely ruining their career because of lack of mentorship and guidance.

Only aubameyang seems to have gotten rid of his restraints that we put on him. Didn't his agent recently say that he was extremely ill treated at Milan ?

We did produce the YouTube sensation Hachim mastour but I believe malaga got rid of him to the Dutch mid tables where he isn't even able to crack that.

So.. yeah, sell while they have some value.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Honest assessment? He is not balotelli. I can at least say he is in the right profession . But he does have defensive lapses. Positional failures. Slow reactions. Discipline issues. Whatever happened today.

I guess the main issue with Chelsea's offer is we have some deal with Roma where we have to share his future sale price so it won't be profitable for us to get rid of him now.

So it's not profitable and you still want to get rid of him? And what is this 50 mil offer you are talking about? If it's just a rumor and nothing official, then don't use the scenario as an argument.

Personally, I wouldn't sell him for 50 mil, even though it's very good money. You're exaggerating his weaknesses and don't look at his strengths. He's a 21 one year old CB, just begun his third season as a starter in Serie A, playing in a chaotic team. If you don't understand how that can cause anyone to look bad, then you don't know much about building a defender or a defense. It takes time.

I think he has it in him to become a great player, if he continues to develop. We'll just have to wait and see. You don't find many top class CB's at his age... Nesta did the same mistakes even when he was a couple of years older than Romagnoli.

If he continues to develop, hopefully he will with new ownership and new better players coming in... "50 mil" is nothing in the long run, a deal that is not even profitable.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
So it's not profitable and you still want to get rid of him? And what is this 50 mil offer you are talking about? If it's just a rumor and nothing official, then don't use the scenario as an argument.
Rumor looks legit when bbc and official Milan website are talking about it. So I'll talk about it.

Personally, I wouldn't sell him for 50 mil, even though it's very good money. You're exaggerating his weaknesses and don't look at his strengths. He's a 21 one year old CB, just begun his third season as a starter in Serie A, playing in a chaotic team. If you don't understand how that can cause anyone to look bad, then you don't know much about building a defender or a defense. It takes time.
I am not exaggerating anything. He has a lot of flaws in his basics. And yes, he is more exposed playing for Milan than any other club but don't tell me they don't exist.

I think he has it in him to become a great player, if he continues to develop. We'll just have to wait and see. You don't find many top class CB's at his age... Nesta did the same mistakes even when he was a couple of years older than Romagnoli.

Sure he does. I am not knocking down his potential. I am knocking down Milan's ability to help him reach that potential. SES, Pato, De sciglio, Cristate, Fosatti, Merkel etc. all had potential and all showed good form yet Milan failed to develop any of them. If he stays here the lack of support and the pressure of expectations will crack him like the rest.

Chelsea on the other hand offer everything he needs to become a solid cb.

SeS and Pato were 50 mil players at peak form. They were young and they were making football look easy. In the end we sold them for less than what we paid.

If he continues to develop, hopefully he will with new ownership and new better players coming in... "50 mil" is nothing in the long run, a deal that is not even profitable.

Maybe. That could be a possibility. We buy someone competent and experienced to help in his development. It's the only convincing argument for not taking 50 million that's offered for him.

But my skeptic hat is on when it comes to anything management related. Especially, when I don't know who the fook owns Milan. I'll go for the safer option and sell for 50.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Let's not look back to when B&G were in charge. I'm looking at this from the perspective that new ownership and new management coming in. Because yeah, we've been shit at developing young players the last 10-15 years :lol::fp:

But if we're gonna be a team that invests in quality players, it makes no sense to sell Romagnoli.

This is the actual year zero for me. Let's see how the chinese does.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Will sell if Chelsea's offer covers his and Bertolacci's transfer fee.
Changed my mind. Take the 50 and run for the hills.
:conf:

It's the same thing. :lol:

I know he tried to hand the ball and stop it from scoring, but the goal counted so basically what he did , did not affect the play at all... so why did he get a yellow card?
Because of the handball foul. Just like playing advantage fouls get carded afterwards.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
yah, it really is.

No it's not. 35 million pounds is the reported offer (roughly 50 million USD or 41 million euros). Berto + romagnoli = 20+ 25 million euros = 45 million euros.

Minus 15 percent as reported Roma's cut = 41 mil euros - roughly 6 = 35 million euros.

45 > 35

50 mil usd is below what we paid for those two even without Roma's cut.

Edit: Roma's cut is reported 15 percent over 25 mil. So 15 percent of 16 million. Roughly 2.4 million.

41 - 2.4 = 38.6.

45 > 38.6

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
We could be just talking past each other but I think you're backtracking through currencies. Why you change them? Where the fuck did USD come in? :lol:

btw, Roma cut is 30% on profit.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
We could be just talking past each other but I think you're backtracking through currencies. Why you change them? Where the fuck did USD come in? :lol:

btw, Roma cut is 30% on profit.

His offer translates to 50 mil only in USD, not in euros or pounds. I thought it was obvious until you started questioning it, so I decided to clear it up.

Thank you for clarifying, tfat.
You're welcome, Jasper.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
His offer translates to 50 mil only in USD, not in euros or pounds. I thought it was obvious until you started questioning it, so I decided to clear it up.

Thank you for clarifying, tfat.
You're welcome, Jasper.

Yeah, but why? You operate in USD markets? Read news with USD sources?

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Yeah, but why? You operate in USD markets? Read news with USD sources?

:conf: ahh. I look carefully at currency exchange rates because I have to do a lot of monetary analysis for my job (commodity prices). I like to use USD as the natural benchmark of communication to know how a currency is doing or how much a commodity's price has changed.

Currency x: USD: Currency y

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:conf: ahh. I look carefully at currency exchange rates because I have to do a lot of monetary analysis for my job (commodity prices). I like to use USD as the natural benchmark of communication to know how a currency is doing or how much a commodity's price has changed.

Currency x: USD: Currency y

Aight, thank you for clarifying, tfat.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
USD, pounds or Euros, you've still not made a good case for us selling a player with Romagnoli's potential now that new owners are coming in.

I think he's gonna turn into a great CB if the circumstances are right.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
That's because to make a case with you I would have to start knocking down the new owners.

Unfortunately, neither you or I know who the new owners are and what is their modus operandi. I don't even know what the real owner looks like let alone his networth or what he plans to do. I know there is some agreement to inject 350 million into Milan but that doesn't mean into transfer market from my interpretation of the deal.

That's why I prefer not to talk about them or their money. This could just be a massive Chinese money laundering scheme because xi jinpeng is cracking down hard on corruption for all i know.

I would rather go by what Milan is now. Whatever Chelsea is offering is good money.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
USD, pounds or Euros, you've still not made a good case for us selling a player with Romagnoli's potential now that new owners are coming in.

I think he's gonna turn into a great CB if the circumstances are right.

The case would be to flip it for Musacchio + Mangala. That is € ofc.

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we sell Romagnoli it must only be considered in ugandan shilling.

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If he is this amazing talent and future Italy nr 1 CB, why did Roma sell him?

Schedule