Alfred Finnbogason

Milanista2020

The Milan Motivator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Patinho, Gattuso, Maldini, Baresi, shevchenko, Boban, Kaka,
finnbogason490ai.jpg

Milan are rumoured to be preparing a €5m offer for Heerenveen’s Icelandic international hitman Alfred Finnbogason.

According to CalcioNews24, the striker was proposed to the Rossoneri by current Heerenveen manager Marco Van Basten.

The 24-year-old joined the Dutch club in August 2012 and scored a remarkable 24 goals in 31 Eredivisie games this season.

His price-tag is thought to oscillate between €4.5m and €6m, considerably cheaper than alternatives such as Adem Ljajic of Fiorentina.

Finnbogason would be seen as an understudy to Mario Balotelli and further lowering the average age of the squad.

7_Sheva

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Too many...
My dogs name is Finn, so a big yes :lol:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
We dont have 5 for Honda but we have 5 for this random ?

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Too fragile in Serie A. Absolute no except if out of contract.....Galliani style.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
When you say 'fragile' does that mean he is very injury prone?
He did manage 31 games this season.

Maybe he means someone that is not strong physically. He has talent, there's no doubt about it... though I'm not sure how well he'd do in Italy. Personally to me he seems a lot like Inzaghi going for poacher goals, though for our team I'd rather we buy a fast striker like Emeghara instead (who's also been tested against Italian defenses).

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Well we do need a relative unknown to take Traroe's spot,hopefully he isn't absolute foddet like Traroe as well...oh i missed that he is a striker,probably not G likes kown strikers.Mostly.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
never heard of him. i think a lot of writers in italy are of a certain geneatyion and still go on about finding the next van basten/ van basten will manage milan/ van basten recommended a player. although i haven't watched him he's probably pretty average.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
He'll probably go and flop at some german club just like all the other eredivisie strikers

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
need review from icelands president joey

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Trade Niang for him and it will be a great transfer

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i've watched him a few times this season and he's been really good. another fine brace tonight, you can tell in the second goal with the way he timed his run that the guy is/ will be a good striker. not sure how well he'd do in serie a without much space in behind the back four but he'll excell somewhere. i hope he doesn't end up in germany, lazio would be a nice destination.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
he has reallt developed a lot since his days at lokeren

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
He actually steps up in the big games.

If he would take Matri's place...

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
pazzo will be back

so i don't think he'll take matri's place, unless you mean his place at the bench

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pazzo will be back

so i don't think he'll take matri's place, unless you mean his place at the bench

Eh duh, of course for the bench.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
we don't need more benchwarmers, we need to buy starters

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
we don't need more benchwarmers, we need to buy starters

When it comes to the defense, sure, but when it comes to the attack, no. If anything, it would be good to get rid of Matri, and then his replacement can be a bench warmer, while we got Balotelli, Kaká, El Shaarawy and possibly Pazzini as starting material. The spending should happen in defense for a change.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Never watched him play for Heerenveen, but he has been pretty average for Iceland.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
he was good tonight for herenveen. i still dont know what to make of him. great runs and finish but thats it. although it never did inzaghi any harm.

it would still be infinitely better to have alfred as deputy to balo on 1.2m/ season as opposed to matri and pazzo for a combined 4.5m/season, guess thats how we ended 9th with the highest wage bill in serie a.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
When it comes to the defense, sure, but when it comes to the attack, no. If anything, it would be good to get rid of Matri, and then his replacement can be a bench warmer, while we got Balotelli, Kaká, El Shaarawy and possibly Pazzini as starting material. The spending should happen in defense for a change.

sell matri :thumbsup:

Alfred Finnbogason hasn't convinced me yet