EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
I never knew Australia was part of Asia :conf:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
only in football. cuz u know... australia being a country and continent and all.. it cant really qualify for WC against itself yeah?

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
how in fucks name is Bangladesh, a team we haven't failed to beat in like 6 years or something above us in the rankings??? :fp:

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
WOW!!!

Asia has football????

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Holy shit.. :eek:

Just wanted to post this, what the fuck??????????Who brings a grenade to a football stadium and what shitty security this guys have at stadiums???

Also my god that guy is lucky:eek:

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
if that guy kept the grenade in his hand one more second :eek: omg very lucky!

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
if that guy kept the grenade in his hand one more second :eek: omg very lucky!

What`s more fucked up is that he didnt even realize it was a grenade!

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Asian Cup 2015 groups have been announced.

A: Australia, South Korea, Oman, Kuwait
B: Uzbekistan, Saudi Arabia, China, Korea DPR
C: Iran, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain
D: Japan, Jordan, Iraq, winner of challenge cup

We got familiar faces in Japan and Iraq so it will be tough to come out of the group stage and if we do we are likely to face Iran in the QF.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Australia are hosts and looking for their 1st title, South Korea haven't won in some 40-50 years, Saudi have great history, Iran always tough and Japan have been the best team in recent years... plus Asian teams know shit about defending, gonna be a goal fest.. knockouts will be entertaining if all big teams make it through,, might watch. :D

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
Australia are hosts and looking for their 1st title, South Korea haven't won in some 40-50 years, Saudi have great history, Iran always tough and Japan have been the best team in recent years... plus Asian teams know shit about defending, gonna be a goal fest.. knockouts will be entertaining if all big teams make it through,, might watch. :D

They also don't know how to attack so don't expect too many goals.

Will be really surprised if Japan doesn't retain. Iran as always will go out in quarters or Semis.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yeah i think japan are the clear favourites, but australia will be very tough to beat on home soil...

carlosmz_89

Banned
Reaction score
current Australian team is thrash I believe, they were leading 3 - 0 against Ecuador, but somehow they managed to take a nosedive and lose the game 4 - 3 loool.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Australia is very strange they somehow manage to screw things up despite having everything in their favor. Iraq is usually a troublesome team for them.

South Korea are strange. They are not very good technically but they make up for that with a grit and aggressiveness but I don't see them progressing further than semi's max.

Saudi Arabia is the biggest loser in the world of football they are no longer a powerhouse in the region, I can say that Jordan is a better team than they are and have been for a good 4 years at least.

Japan is the favorites because of experience and for the way the team has been playing together for such a long time. They are also the best team technically.

Iran is another strange team that is hard to define. They don't really look dominating but they can scrape through to the final 4, they are more like South Korea than any other team and in recent years they have had some fierce battles between them.

Then you have Iraq which is a very very tough team that likes to show up on the big occasions. They can be a surprise team because they are unpredictable, they look weaker than how they actually are and they usually boast very tactically strong coaches who can read the game very well.

Jordan and Uzbekistan are the new challengers to the top seeds but they are still a level below. Jordan has slowly become stronger and are not an easy team to play against. Uzbekistan are different because they have a unique playing style for the region, their players are big, strong and athletic so i'd watch out for them too.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i dunno about saudi arabia, but i guess you're right since they didn't make it to the world cup in 2010 and 2014. but, you can never rule them out. they made it for 4-5 consecutive times till 2006, and in the last 8 editions of the aisan cup, they played 6 finals!!! NO TEAM IN THE WORLD has made 5-6 consecutive continental finals, thats an insane achievement. they got a great history so gotta watch out for them...

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Man this Asian cup and the Asian teams in general seem so boring.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score

Great input thanks :star:

i dunno about saudi arabia, but i guess you're right since they didn't make it to the world cup in 2010 and 2014. but, you can never rule them out. they made it for 4-5 consecutive times till 2006, and in the last 8 editions of the aisan cup, they played 6 finals!!! NO TEAM IN THE WORLD has made 5-6 consecutive continental finals, thats an insane achievement. they got a great history so gotta watch out for them...

I don't deny their history especially in the 1990s with their 'golden generation' and when they FA ran things in a sane manner. But since 2006 they have been very weak and have not shown signs of bouncing back.

West Asian in general has lagged behind East Asia since Japan / Korea WC, this is true both on the club and national level.

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wish I could watch J-League in the US without paying out the nose. I just learned today that Forlan plays for Cerezo :lol: Plus, I want to see Kakitani, who a lot of European teams are linked with.

Sir Crookodile

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, K.Honda, Mugen, PRINCE, Ibra, Balotelli, Niang

Haven't checked a while but the -11 edition of AFC club was great.

Jeonbuk Motors (southkorean club) ran over everyone; they played beautiful and slick offensive fotball - spearheaded by Eninho...until they faced Al Sadd :fp:. Guys were opposite to them :lol::lol: they played dirty and gritty, and had few chances (though they took them) but more decisively they had a great keeper. That was the difference in the finale. Was a strange AFC lol.

As for AFC nations...I'm not sure how the teams fare now but back in -11;

Saudi Arabia underperformed a lot..they were truly shit.
Jordan were indeed a strong side, they kind of grew the more the tournament progressed and they gave Japan headache.
Iran had ups-and-downs, but don't remember much in particular.
Uzbekiztan were the opposite to Jordan, they succumbed hard in later stages (think they lost 5-0 or something to Australia), but until then I remember Geynrikh was a beast going forward.
South Korea had great match against Japan - they scored in 119´ or something and forced a penalty shootout. I believe this was when Honda hit the ball barely between goalkeepers legs :o but in the end Hosogai had the winning penalty, and coincidentally it was his birthday. Awesome way to celebrate a victory :D.
Australia were actually "better" than Japan in the finale - but Nagatomo's perfect cross to the subst Tadanari Lee was deceisive. He hit a freaking volley and ended the whole shit :o.

But honestly, they were an "old bunch" of players (squad was more or less +30), but they played with experience and efficeny. They trashed Uzbekiztan and had advatange against Japan. I'm notsure if they've managed to replace their squad.

Japan awesome :b::b: and grazie Zaccheroni. For some reason, they always conceded a goal or two in every fucking game, so their games were drama filled...but by the end of the tour they won it all :). I also remember their keeper Kawashima had brilliant stoppages (one was when an Australian shot very low and I thought it would've gone in..but he stood firmly and stopped it). Great tour.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Whoever made this poll

Shame on you for mentioning UAE and Saudi Arabia instead of Jordan

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Happened in Iran last week :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
^^^^^^^^^

Yeah pretty fucking hilarious, it's in the middle of an offical game.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Hahah

How did that not count as a goal??

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Friday May 16 2014 Blatter: Qatar was a mistake

Sepp Blatter has conceded that FIFA’s decision to award the 2022 World Cup to Qatar was ‘a mistake’.

The game’s governing body has come under continued criticism for their decision to award the hosting rights for the summer competition to the country, with particular focus on the temperatures teams will have to play in, as well as the conditions construction workers in the country are currently enduring.

Considering the matter this week, FIFA’s President has conceded an error was made.

Of course, it was a mistake. You know, one makes a lot of mistakes in life,” Blatter has conceded in an interview with RTS.

The technical report indicated clearly that it was too hot in summer, but despite that the executive committee decided with quite a big majority that the tournament would be in Qatar.

Were the hosting rights ‘bought’? No, I have never said it was bought, but that it was due to political considerations.

We know full well that big French and German companies work in Qatar, but they don't just work for the World Cup. The World Cup is only a small part of what is going on in Qatar.”

FIFA soon after released a statement to clarify Blatter’s comments.

The comment by the FIFA President concerning the organisation of the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar to Swiss TV station RTS is in line with previous comments on this matter".

As explained in his answer to the journalist, the President reiterated that the decision to organise the World Cup in summer was a 'error' based on the technical assessment report of the bid, which had highlighted the extremely hot temperatures in summer in Qatar.

At no stage did he question Qatar as hosts of the 2022 FIFA World Cup.”

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AFC Champions League Final 2nd leg tonight. Al-Hilal of Saudi Arabia will try to overturn a 1-0 deficit at home against Western Sydney Wanderers from Australia.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Asian cup is underway. Hosts Australia destroyed Kuwait 4-1 in the opener. I think they'll be favorites to win it (followed by South Korea).

I am not so hopeful for Jordan. Since hiring Ray Wilkins we haven't won a single match from our last 8 (only two draws). And we are grouped with Iraq and Japan.

Reaction score
You can probably include Japan as favourites, some experts here also rate Iran as well. Idk even though we won last night, Kuwait weren't that good. I think Japan or South Korea could really test us. It will definitely be an interesting tournament.