Australia v England Friendly

Reaction score
i reckon it will be a close match. but i hope the socceroos beat the poms. one matchup to watch will be kewell versus beckham (if kewell recovers from injury)

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
hmmmmm.......another good match in the upcoming friendlies. I find hard to foresee Oz coming into Britain and getting a victory, but then again.....nothing is impossible.

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
a comfortable win for england, although the match will be closer than the final scoreline depicts. :cool:

PaTtA_9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i hope we win. aha imagine england then. they wood be spewin, first we smash the shite out of them in the ashes and vb series, and then we beat them at 'their own' football :devil2: forza australia
they and italy have to win to restore some happiness after the perugia loss

PaTtA_9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
theworldgame.com.au says kewell will defie leeds and play for australia.
it will be a good matchup - kewell v beckham. i think they will play kewell on the left. i think the only way we can win is if the poms play a 2nd half on youngsters but that wood still be a bit hard. but i want to beat them with their full strenght

Untitled

Primavera
Reaction score
personally.. i think it sucks that okon's playing. i mean, because of that... grella will have to wait even more for his first cap :(. grella is playing very well atm for empoli :D. i'd like to see:

Schwarzer

Emerton (Wingback)--moore (c)---someone(maybe okon can play here)--niel (wingback)

bresciano (right wing, but does not get in emerton's way)--grella (dm)--skoko (am)--kewell (left wing, doesnt get in niels way)

aloisi--viduka

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i reckin australia would be good to utilise kewell in a playmakin position coz hes a versatile player aint it?

consider this, farina..

---------------------------Kalac---------------------------
Emerton-------Moore------------Muscat------------Neill
Bresciano----------------Okon--------------------Grella
---------------------------Kewell--------------------------
----------------Aloisi----------------Viduka--------------

Kalac? because he's playing great at the moment, at Perugia..
Emerton Moore Muscat Neill seem the best players for the backline, as far as i know they are all playing well at the mo', especially Neill @ Blackburn
Bresciano and Grella deserve the starting positions, they are both playing well, and so is Okon, hes an experienced figure in a fairly young team (and a capable player too)
Kewell in the playmaking spot because he plays great assists and scores too, Aloisi and Viduka because they are the two best strikers we have (Agostino on the bench)

Also my team for Ye Olde Enemy!

--------------------------Robinson--------------------------
Neville---------Ferdinand--------Campbell------------Cole
Beckham-------Scholes-----------Gerrard--------Lampard
------------------Beattie-----------Owen--------------------

seems like the team Eriksson said he'd play, except for lampard and gerrard (who is injured?)
i would like to see Vassell instead of owen because i dont particularly like owen but, owen is better so owen will play, owen..
I dont really want to see the young kids play (Rooney) because they will pull something out and completely humiliate these seasoned professions from Australia which is not good for a sport which is the 4th football code, unlike in europe where it is undoubtedly #1..

Thats all for this edition of "Juninho's Match Preview Show", tune in next week for "Milan vs Lazio"

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
PaTtA_9 said:
i hope we win. aha imagine england then. they wood be spewin, first we smash the shite out of them in the ashes and vb series, and then we beat them at 'their own' football :devil2: forza australia

keep dreaming mate

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
scharatz said:
PaTtA_9 said:

keep dreaming mate

The dream becomes reality.. :cool: the Convict Colony humiliates the mother country and the Azzuri down the Português..

Great Stuff :D

PaTtA_9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
ahh this as been a proud day. 3-1! and 1-0! im so happy
i hope people will start to take australia more seriously because we played really well today and i believe the score would have been 3-1 even if the youngsters didnt play

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
sorry can we just laugh at the person who said keep dreaming :D
This is such a great day for Australian football (the real one) and i am really proud. Although it was a friendly i dont believe either side approached it this way and after all we scored 2 goals against their first choice squad. I mean perhaps it wasnt englands day but no one can make excuses and say we didnt deserve to win.
I wanted to see Kalac play too! Bresciano and Grella only featured as subs which is a shame but the more experienced players started which is fair enough, i agreed with that. Kewell was great in the free role really dangerous and i love Stan Lazaridis hes cool! :devil2:
I'm really hoping our national squad will play more often.

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
mamma_mia! said:
sorry can we just laugh at the person who said keep dreaming :D
This is such a great day for Australian football (the real one) and i am really proud. Although it was a friendly i dont believe either side approached it this way and after all we scored 2 goals against their first choice squad. I mean perhaps it wasnt englands day but no one can make excuses and say we didnt deserve to win.
I wanted to see Kalac play too! Bresciano and Grella only featured as subs which is a shame but the more experienced players started which is fair enough, i agreed with that. Kewell was great in the free role really dangerous and i love Stan Lazaridis hes cool! :devil2:
I'm really hoping our national squad will play more often.

yes, mamma_mia, big laughters :naughty:
let alone if vieri (d.ckhead) claims he wants to play for australia ;)

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Congratulations OZ!!! :D It indeed was nice to see them kick the shit out of England.

Do you reckon you could do the same in the Cricket WC in South Africa??? :D My money is on my country of birth... Sri Lanka... All we have to do is to beat either SA or the Windies and we're in the Super 6. Remember 1996????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Reaction score
I was so blue today .
PIPPO dont take place at first time .
and the Puma is not as beautiful as PAPPA .

Untitled

Primavera
Reaction score
it was a great day for australian football... the best on-field moment for the socceroos since 1974. lets hope we can better it with a great 2006 world cup run :D

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
not to take aussies away their only ever win against a "major" football country... but ask yourself if it was a great performance from australia that made the 2:0 result of the horrible performance by england? ;)

PaTtA_9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
and im not saying this just coz im australian, but i believe it was a great performance for australia. we did not let england play their best

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Australia played the best game as a team --Ever-- and did everything right. England were troubled by this strong performance by the Australian's, who they expected to be a push-over, and consequently got "shown up" i.e. outperformed by a team with less skills but more determination to win, and a little guy called Harry Kewell :cool:

DiaVoLo^

Primavera
Reaction score
congratulation to every Australian on this forum.. what a great victory for you guys ... :)

But I have seen your team growing for a time now....so I hope I see u in Germany 2006..... it could be intresting :cool:

and to the guy who said keep on dreaming
:D :tongue: :tongue: :rolleyes:

Forza Australia :rolleyes:

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
DiaVoLo^ said:
congratulation to every Australian on this forum.. what a great victory for you guys ... :)

But I have seen your team growing for a time now....so I hope I see u in Germany 2006..... it could be intresting :cool:

hehe you are only sucking up to the australians so they dont mention Norway v Denmark!! :D

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
DiaVoLo^ said:

yes, it's very easy to hail the winners after the game.
i haven't seen much people making their smart comments BEFORE the game...

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
scharatz said:
DiaVoLo^ said:

yes, it's very easy to hail the winners after the game.
i haven't seen much people making their smart comments BEFORE the game...

hehe another sore loser pommy :tongue: i guess they should invent another sport so they have SOMETHING to beat us in :D

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
juninho-paulista said:
hehe another sore loser pommy :tongue: i guess they should invent another sport so they have SOMETHING to beat us in :D

we can play one of those sports you invented :)

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think England wins in golf... I cant think of an Australian golfer.... Anyway its not even a real sport :o Bore-fest!

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
scharatz said:
juninho-paulista said:

we can play one of those sports you invented :)

doh! youve got me there, unless you call drinking a sport ;)

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
juninho-paulista said:
doh! youve got me there, unless you call drinking a sport ;)

hm... well, it was never a sport but i'm sure we can change that :D

we can organise an official england-australia tournament in drinking :D