Champions League Group Stage: AC Milan - Porto FC 03/11/2021 18:45 CET

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
What in the world could convince you that Maldini is the right person to take that corner?

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we didnt buy a backup cam for what? got maldini and krunic playing diaz's position fml

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Not good enough. Our only chance now to progress is:

- We beat Atleti and Liverpool
- Liverpool beat both Atleti and Porto, lose to us
- Porto lose to Liverpool and draw Atleti
Not the most impossible of scenarios but WTH....I'd get eliminated in 4th place if it means winning the scudetto...

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
a win against atletico can still change everything as i'm not expecting liverpool to lose against porto

Pingu

Pioli #1 Fan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Not the most impossible of scenarios but WTH....I'd get eliminated in 4th place if it means winning the scudetto...
Well I'd rather in order of priority:

1) Get CL R16 in the only scenario that we can but means other results have to go in our favor
2) Finish 4th and focus on league
3) Get knocked down to EL which would have more games that would exhaust us that isn't the CL

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well, we played better than them for 60 minutes. Unfortunately not enough. Pioli is one of the best coaches when it comes to prepare a game. Today was one of those few times we looked all but prepared. Those first 30 minutes were awful.

I'm still going out on a high note tho, because even with us playing bad, the only two goals Porto managed to score against us in 180 minutes weren't even regular, so...

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
We are too thin and lack any tactical variations. Also too inexperienced. We need 3, 4 more good players. Porto was better and deserved a win.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
I just cant get over that Maldinis corner.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We’ll always have that first 30 minutes against Atletico…

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Well, we played better than them for 60 minutes. Unfortunately not enough. Pioli is one of the best coaches when it comes to prepare a game. Today was one of those few times we looked all but prepared. Those first 30 minutes were awful.

I'm still going out on a high note tho, because even with us playing bad, the only two goals Porto managed to score against us in 180 minutes weren't even regular, so...
Preparation of Liverpool first 30min, this first 45 and Porto away + subs in Atletico game were all bad.

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
bye bye to CL this season. We are just so wasteful when we have the possession. Our midfielders can’t hold the ball. Our best period was the start of the 2nd half where we use the spaces and do some tidy combinations. We took out Brahim a bit too early imo.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Fuck, I really wanted to win today. Not sure if that 1 point will help us much, at least we still have a chance to make it through.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I just cant get over that Maldinis corner.
Why he’s taking corners is beyond me. I know he’s Maldini’s son but it’s feeling really forced now playing him. He’s played in 3 champions league games now and had 0 impact but he still comes on. I know we thin on players but a shattered Leao or Diaz has to be better.

Rosoner91

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Sheva, Pippo, Nesta, Maldini, Rino, Ronaldo(bra), Maradona, Drogba, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Falcao
Either the team has not enough energy or Pioli is just retarded or maybe we even dont have the ambition to go through this group at the moment. Anyway shamefull performance for a club like Milan.

Rossonero81

Forza Milan
Reaction score
A short summary:

- Porto is one of the best teams we faced this season. They are fast and technical and cause many teams a lot of problems.
- Pioli fielded the wrong line-up. None of our leaders were on the pitch in a crucial game. A big mistake and I hope he learned his lesson.
- Romagnoli isn't good enough for this level, let alone worthy of being the captain in such an important match.
- Hernandez needs to play more simple most of the time. He needs to understand when he can make a dribble and when to release the ball quickly.
- Giroud is of little use in high-tempo matches and we should consider if we need him next year.
- Saelemaekers is very fickle and needs some serious competition for the right flank.
- I love Tomori. He's a big talent, but Kjaer is very important in organising our defence.
- We still have a shot at progressing in this group, but this year is all about the learning experience.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Let's just skip the next two CL matches and focus on Serie A

mazurxiii

Primavera
Reaction score
TBH draw is fair result. Porto was definitly better 1st half, 2nd was ours. If we were more lucky we could win it (f.e. Theo's offside when Zlatan scored) but...it could easly go other way (Porto crossbar - they were killing us with set pieces).

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

I actually felt they were the better team for 60 mins. We were better for 20-25 mins in the 2nd half. And they absolutely were dominating us the last 5-10 minutes. If any team deserved to win, it was them.

Having said that, I feel we easily win with Ibra and Kessie starting.

and I don't think the Bennacer-Tonali combo works tbh. Its something to think about, considering we are likely to lose Kessie.