Champions League Group Stage: AC Milan - Porto FC 03/11/2021 18:45 CET

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
God damn Pioli.. why did he take off Leao for fucking Maldini with 6-7 minutes to go? It’s not resting him it’s just fucking bullshit … that last corner killed me god dammit .. fuck pioli fuck him

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Pioli is out of his depth in CL. Why was Kjaer/Ibra/Kessie on the bench??

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
this was partly on the ref for not blowing the foul on Bennacer. But Pioli just doesn't seem to prioritize CL this season. He put freaking Maldini in when we needed to score and didn't put Zlatan in until 75min. CL is over for us this season, better just focus on the league

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Pioli had Florenzi, Messias, and most importantly, Rebic, I think things would have been different.

In January, we need another CAM and a RW if Messias can't help at all. Rebic getting healthy would be huge. As would Toure, because Leao looks exhausted.

But today was about us not playing our game in the first half, and then having to chase the game in the second half.

I still can't believe that goal was allowed to stand. Scandalous decision.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Maldini corner in the end 😆😆
Zlatan sarcastic applause

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
To be honest im fine with crashing out, and for sure not qualifying for europa leauge, ofcourse i hoped for a qualification in CL, but anyone can see we are not ready yet, we dont have proper AM or RW, and even your strikers are above 35, not to mention injuries, refs etc...

So if we can have a good january transfer market, at least having RW, focusing on serie a and win it, would make me happy this year.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Also imo there was a foul before Porto's goal, clearly hit Bennacer first and only afterwards played the ball.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Actually...Romagnoli was the better of the 2 CBs this game.
Tomori was out of sorts...

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
theres a deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerby coming up in a few days how do you people not understand that?!?!?!?!?! five people have asked this question.

even if you don't agree with it, this is the reason.
Exactly.

The hope was clearly that we were up and then Ibra wouldn't need to play.

What if he played Ibra and he got injured? People would have crucified Pioli (and Ibra)

Shit result, these Porto matches have been our worst matches this season

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
He needs to be sold, mate.

He can't be a starter in this team. That's for sure. If we can see this, you can be certain Maldini is way ahead of us. Someone will come in January or in the summer.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A short summary:

- Porto is one of the best teams we faced this season. They are fast and technical and cause many teams a lot of problems.
- Pioli fielded the wrong line-up. None of our leaders were on the pitch in a crucial game. A big mistake and I hope he learned his lesson.
- Romagnoli isn't good enough for this level, let alone worthy of being the captain in such an important match.
- Hernandez needs to play more simple most of the time. He needs to understand when he can make a dribble and when to release the ball quickly.
- Giroud is of little use in high-tempo matches and we should consider if we need him next year.
- Saelemaekers is very fickle and needs some serious competition for the right flank.
- I love Tomori. He's a big talent, but Kjaer is very important in organising our defence.
- We still have a shot at progressing in this group, but this year is all about the learning experience.
I really respect you, but this focus on Romagnoli today makes no sense to me. Tomori made way more mistakes than Romagnoli did. Glaring mistakes.

I totally agree that Giroud is useless in a high tempo game. He's at his best when we're the ones pressing and pushing, but even then, he's so clumsy. I always remembered him as someone who was crucial in hold-up play, he's been terrible at it so far with us, save for the Cagliari game.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Praying Calabria is fit for the Inter match.
And if Liverpool beat Atletico, Milan still have a chance to qualify.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan Players
Probably Pioli was instructed by managements not to prioritize CL over serie A. Milan had a great chance to win if Leao wasn't subbed off

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
God damn Pioli.. why did he take off Leao for fucking Maldini with 6-7 minutes to go? It’s not resting him it’s just fucking bullshit … that last corner killed me god dammit .. fuck pioli fuck him
Leao looked exhausted, just completely exhausted.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Messias has been such a waste of a signing. My goodness. I know he’s injured but man, we skipped registering Samu for him, we missed out of Faivre for him, he can’t keep fit for whatever reason. Man it’s a cursed signing.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
theres a deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerby coming up in a few days how do you people not understand that?!?!?!?!?! five people have asked this question.

I know it’s the derby ffs. And I still don’t agree with it. You don’t fucking throw away a CL game like this. At least play Kessie ffs. You don’t bench all 3 physical players and 2 leaders in Kjaer/Ibra for this kind of game.

I understand that this season CL is imposible for us, but we still need to go all out for it. It’s the biggest competition in the world.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And ffs guys get off Romagnoli’s back already, if anything Tomori was the weaker link today!

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And ffs guys get off Romagnoli’s back already, if anything Tomori was the weaker link today!
Totally agree. If Romagnoli made the sort of mistakes that Tomori made today, he'd be crucified.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
I really respect you, but this focus on Romagnoli today makes no sense to me. Tomori made way more mistakes than Romagnoli did. Glaring mistakes.

I totally agree that Giroud is useless in a high tempo game. He's at his best when we're the ones pressing and pushing, but even then, he's so clumsy. I always remembered him as someone who was crucial in hold-up play, he's been terrible at it so far with us, save for the Cagliari game.

I agree that Tomori didn't have a good match, but he is still young and played in the right section of the defence today. I can cut him some slack and see overall improvement from him. I'm not saying that Romagnoli was terrible today, but I'm judging him in comparison to Kjaer. He's a captain and responsible for organising the defence. He should be judged as a leader and he fails in that regard. He isn't sure of himself and this means that the players around him feel less confident as well. He also gives the ball away too easily too avoid problems. Then there is the habit of waiting too long to release the ball.

Romagnoli has been with us for many years and I respect him as a Milan player that endured the banter era, but he hasn't progressed at all. The opposite is true. He has become even slower and isn't able to lead the defence.

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
Very very very poor game.

What? The derby is bigger than this UCL match? We needs the points to qualify man.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Time to channel our anger into making Merda eat shit.

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
There were times that dangerous spaces opens up between Leao and Theo for a forward run but they lack that final throughball.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao looked exhausted, just completely exhausted.
Honestly Pioli could have Ibra and Giroud together and save Maldini the hassle, it’s not he’s fault but Pioli should have known he would have no options for Leao when Ibra came on. He’s subs weren’t great. Even keeping Diaz on would have been better and shifting Krunic to the wing. Either way there was a way for him to make sure Maldini doesn’t play. So either he messed up or chose to play him, both options aren’t great.

Maldini simply isn’t ready and forcing him to play random Champions League minutes won’t make him ready.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree that Tomori didn't have a good match, but he is still young and played in the right section of the defence today. I can cut him some slack and see overall improvement from him. I'm not saying that Romagnoli was terrible today, but I'm judging him in comparison to Kjaer. He's a captain and responsible for organising the defence. He should be judged as a leader and he fails in that regard. He isn't sure of himself and this means that the players around him feel less confident as well. He also gives the ball away too easily too avoid problems. Then there is the habit of waiting too long to release the ball.

Romagnoli has been with us for many years and I respect him as a Milan player that endured the banter era, but he hasn't progressed at all. The opposite is true. He has become even slower and isn't able to lead the defence.
Tomori made horrific errors today. Horrific. You could even argue he was at fault for their goal, if you wanted to be cruel.

He made massive errors today that could have resulted in 2-3 goals.

I love Tomori. But he was horrific today. I'm astonished that you are zeroing in on Romagnoli today, who did his job today. If I wanted to be unkind to Tomori, I'd say that when he doesn't have a pace advantage, his poor marking and mistakes become very obvious.

boss85

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Boban, Weah, Nesta, Shevchenko, Kaka, Inzaghi
Seriously. I just don't get it??? in a must win game...stupefying

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Tomori made horrific errors today. Horrific. You could even argue he was at fault for their goal, if you wanted to be cruel.

He made massive errors today that could have resulted in 2-3 goals.

I love Tomori. But he was horrific today. I'm astonished that you are zeroing in on Romagnoli today, who did his job today. If I wanted to be unkind to Tomori, I'd say that when he doesn't have a pace advantage, his poor marking and mistakes become very obvious.

I wouldn't call his performance horrific, but I agree that he was below par today and made multiple errors. Porto could have punished us in some of those instances. He also took an unnecessary yellow.

Tomori normally plays on the left side of the defence with an experienced Kjaer next to him. The fact that he was a bit out of sorts tonight wasn't good, but as I said, I can cut him some slack. I expect him to become better and have less lows in the future.

It's not that I'm zeroing in on Romagnoli, but I just expect more from him. He has been playing in this team for many years and as a captain he should lead the defence. I didn't see that tonight. Did you? Porto was all over us and Alessio doesn't bring enough stability. He doesn't relieve pressure. He doesn't have the personality needed to guide the other players. It doesn't mean I can't be critical of Tomori.