Champions League Group Stage: AC Milan vs Newcastle 19/09/2022 18:45 CET

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
the decision to start Pobega precluded all of that. No contingencies
Maybe - but it was his plan to give those two players rest.
Pobega and Chuk were definitely going to play

Pioli also doesnt trust Okafor so I dont expect to see him much up front.

We are once again a nearly team with too many important players having glaring issues.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao needs to be fucking clinical. Embarrassing nonchalance in front of goal. Really disappointing.
Had a clean header. Had dribbled all the players and did a backheel. I hope someone scolds him for that dumb ass back heel. Like wtf was that.

finnishhacker

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
So, we didnt get 3 points on this game. Lets see what Dortmund is made of before we draw conclusions about our qualifying chances. I think they're thin but whatever

D

Deleted member 24225

Not the start I was hoping for, but one point is better than nothing. Still five games left, everything is possible.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
That was frustrating as fuck!!!

Positives, we had a lot of possession... Didn't concerns... Musah got a good run and looked good... Erm, did I miss anything?

I look forward to Padre's wise words later lol.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Finishing was bad, but it was a good response from the players. Annoyed at the draw, but--in general--I was really happy with the performance.
Yes.

It was an assertive performance, but margins and all that. Today has compromised our chances of qualification unfortunately

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Do players always have to get injured before Pioli gives other players chances?
Why no Okafor today?

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
There is literally nothing positive about this match, we fail to secure 3 points at home in group of death. Our next 2 opponent are way stronger than newcastle, we can't even beat the weakest team at home

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we don't make it out of the group, I'm looking forward to this game being brought up as "we dominated but didn't win" excuse.
We had this on our first return to champions league. A lot of missed opportunities.

DonSilvio

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva
There is no fire in this team. They got no belief in Pioli and his dumbass ideas

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
He wasnt the issue - count all the chances we fucked up in the final third

Blaming lesser players when your best players constantly fuck up is a waste of time.

I blame our entire attack first for that shit load of chances wasted in the first half. But in the second half, I saw Reijnders, Florenzi and others complaining about Krunic not playing them the ball early after they made some good runs.

Leao is the flop of the game. Giroud sucked too.

sabeni

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Lmao krunic is suffering from PIssOLIsme and another players injured only 4th in to the season.
SACK PIOLI.
SELL THE CLUB.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Finishing was bad, but it was a good response from the players. Annoyed at the draw, but--in general--I was really happy with the performance.
Yes friend, all good, but this should have been a final for us. 100%needed this win

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
We're not in crisis. We dominated the game, had lots of chances and limited them to almost nothing. We should have won the game easily. We didn't get the ball in the net. It happens.
Really

Kirk Van Houten

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Such a frustrating game, should have won by 2/3. Positives? We didn't concede 5 goals, Sportiello looks decent, Musah looks decent.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't worry guys, when you play well, but you lose in the CL, you get extra credit. Ask Inter fans.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
It was there for the taking but the cocks were too small.

Leao was a big baby. Very disappointing

VillaiN

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Musah should be given more chance. Really impressed by his first pass, compossure and positioning. Created some nice attack on right.

We re beter than castle. This ll return in some game for sure. We were great apart from finishing

Schedule