Champions League Group Stage: AC Milan vs Newcastle 19/09/2022 18:45 CET

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They'll be more courageous at home, which will open them up to even more counters.

I don't understand how I'm the one who is the most positive after this result lol.
we got 2 important injuries in this game, draw at home.
The only positive thng for us is that they will open more on their own field? Eh, i dont see it

sabeni

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I hope deschamp bench grandpa giroud forever, because he wouldnt retire, we need him fresh, thuram is better anyway.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This games are must wins if you wanna reach second round.
Dortmund will be tougher
We're the kind of team that probably plays better away from home, or at least better relative to other sides playing away. I'm not that scared of Dortmund and Newcastle away, and we have a chance against PSG it's not a lost cause.

1 point feels like shit after that, but there's still 15 more points to play for. We just need around 7 more to guarantee qualification.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
They'll be more courageous at home, which will open them up to even more counters.

I don't understand how I'm the one who is the most positive after this result lol.
Yeah what the fuck bro... you're trolling aint ya haha

images (26).jpeg

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We're the kind of team that probably plays better away from home, or at least better relative to other sides playing away. I'm not that scared of Dortmund and Newcastle away, and we have a chance against PSG it's not a lost cause.

1 point feels like shit after that, but there's still 15 more points to play for. We just need around 7 more to guarantee qualification.
I love how it went from "Milan can't beat EPL teams" and "Newcastle will destroy us" (Botmannnnnnnnn) to...

"disgusting that we dropped points to shitty Newcastle!"

inomilan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Also is Puli already tired (he looked like he played from the start), he had like two occasions in the box where he should have pulled the trigger but decided to take more chances or tried to pass it.

Then again, that was the story of the game wasn't it, choosing the wrong option inside the box.

gioiuzza

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I'm a lil scared of Mbappe but other than him I'm not afraid of Dortmund or PSG

I thought we could win tonight but didn't think we were gonna look so so much better than Newcastle

it's a tough group but that means the other teams have difficult games too

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I know it's still early, but I'm very nervous at how he has looked. It doesn't look good.

Musah looked like he would be a better RW than him.
But Chuk was the chosen one though?

Pulisic was just keeping the right side warm for him?

He's not impressed, but there are tools there... like RLC though, can they add an end product to their running?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I love how it went from "Milan can't beat EPL teams" and "Newcastle will destroy us" (Botmannnnnnnnn) to...

"disgusting that we dropped points to shitty Newcastle!"
I'm used to it by now. In a few years losing at the QF will be a laughably embarrassing event, that can only be redeemed with a scudetto.

sabeni

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Anyone who blames Pioli after we completely dominated the game is an idiot. If just one of our players had finished any of those chances everyone would be talking about a Pioli masterclas
Nahhh, the lack of idea from final 3rd is pioli to blame.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks

The draw initself isnt a problem. There is a long way to go and this group was always going to be tight.

But after the match this feels like a loss. A group will be tight and 2 lost points at home might be the difference.

Im pretty pissed.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah what the fuck bro... you're trolling aint ya haha

View attachment 25677
If I actually wanted to be a troll, I would weaponize the seething hatred that certain posters have against me to twist them into a pretzel to just toy with them, but... I don't actually give a shit.

I actually was happy with our performance. Finishing? No, that was terrible. But they didn't threaten us at all, and we were all over them. They had to clear off the line, make constant blocks. It was like they were a relegation side.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Sadly giroud need to benched, without scoring penalty he is almost finished as a player.

Also leao will never be a talisman for us, he is inzaghi-level player sometimes good sometimes bad. We need to find sheva-level striker as our ace

inomilan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I actually was happy with our performance. Finishing? No, that was terrible. But they didn't threaten us at all, and we were all over them. They had to clear off the line, make constant blocks. It was like they were a relegation side.
Maybe that's why we didn't win, they probably thought they were playing frickin Spezia tonight. :LOL:

IcyDiavolo

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I know it's still early, but I'm very nervous at how he has looked. It doesn't look good.

Musah looked like he would be a better RW than him.
I don’t want to speak too early because I’m seriously hoping he becomes huge, but Chuk definitely strikes me as a highlight reel player. Looks good because he has some decent dribbles now and then, but his overall influence on the game is lacking.

I was happy with Musah. He’s young and it’s clear his decision making isn’t always the best, but you can genuinely see the talent there. Very proactive in this game.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nahhh, the lack of idea from final 3rd is pioli to blame.
If we look at the actual statistics, we had around 2.0xg to their 0.2xg. We should have scored two goals this game. We weren't clinical or lucky. It happens. Pioli set the team up well mostly, and that's evident by the chances created and lack of chances conceded. There's not much more he could do. We've been really dominant this season besides the massive derby brainfart.

makcoul

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The subs were not right. Puli should have replaced Leao because at least Chuk was trying, running, dribbling...
Giroud has never been in the game, why not replaced him Okafor?

iamditi

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Tonight I observed how they press, and I found that when we press high, we always leave a lot of space for a counter-attack because when Leao presses and they pass the ball, he doesn't run back also Giroud is slow.

I caught Leao many times not covering his side, and it annoyed me a lot, I don't like how he positioned himself(I know he has freedom).

But how can our press be good when Giroud and Leao both play? Maybe Okafor should play as a 9.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Yeah okay, that's sensible, positive, fair...

UT0D.gif

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also is Puli already tired (he looked like he played from the start), he had like two occasions in the box where he should have pulled the trigger but decided to take more chances or tried to pass it.

Then again, that was the story of the game wasn't it, choosing the wrong option inside the box.
Pulisic looks like he's never been coached in what to do when he has the ball. Same with RLC. They have skill, technique, etc.

Newcastle were even more closed up than at the start, to be fair to him. I also think his ability to go right stretched Newcastle out a bit more, it would've been a nice thing to have in the first half, because Chuk kept cutting inside, and Newcastle left that right-hand channel open.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score

I'm equally optimistic. We made them look like shit. Of course I would have liked a win but it was clear they were playing for a draw the whole game.

I think we can beat them in England.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
At the vey least Milan dominated the game. It is just a shame they couldn't finish the chances created. Extra shooting practice gents (keep it simple hit the back of the net). I see it as two points dropped and while the team had a good game given what happened v inter, you would have expected a fierier response. It should have been 3 points but sadly a draw will have to suffice they can beat Newcastle in England. And there is a good chance Milan will overcome Dortmund too. PSG it all depends on how they perform on the occasion. In a word disappointing to draw at home but at least it was a better performance than Saturday.

Last edited:

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If I actually wanted to be a troll, I would weaponize the seething hatred that certain posters have against me to twist them into a pretzel to just toy with them, but... I don't actually give a shit.

Okafor and Musah from the start next match!!!

Schedule