Champions League Group Stage: AC Milan vs Newcastle 19/09/2022 18:45 CET

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
This only ads fuel to the fire.

How many times last season have we seen milan create chances and not be able to finish.

I am sick of seeing same old problems on repeat.

our finishing sucked mightily

however, the problems we had before around the approach to the match and coaching wasn’t the case

also, our defense was solid as fuck

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Newcastle forum:

Milan very rapid on the attack. They're cutting through us better than anyone I've seen us play competitively since Howe's first half season. Some great movement from Theo and Leao, a level above what we normally play.

The difference in left backs is hilarious.

The difference in quality….
:anguish:

Really can't believe this is the same Milan that getting battered by Inter 5-1. they play with such fluidity

“Nothing between the two teams”. Is Hoddle on crack?

No idea how this is still 0-0, they're all over us

Should be 2-0 now.

I think there’s something here for us and we’ve had a lot of the ball. They’ve just got a lot more class all over, playing faster in the transition with more quality

lads it turns out last season's semi finalists ac milan might be quite good. Yes we are struggling but this wasn't going to be a walkover lol

This is really the next level, man. Fucking hell

Have to say it's been a while since I've had this "away to Man City and holding on for dear life" feeling.

Jesus, Milan could be 3-0 up already

How is this the same sport as that Brentford game?
:lol:
How far we’ve come from Susoball.

Dominating an oil funded EPL team and angry we didn’t score at least two goals while barely conceding anything all game.

We’ll do great this season, and we’ll keep getting better every year.

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
How far we’ve come from Susoball.

Dominating an oil funded EPL team and angry we didn’t score at least two goals while barely conceding anything all game.

We’ll do great this season, and we’ll keep getting better every year.
" but but we played awful and Pioli`s plan was very bad"......everyone that knows a bit of football and is not a Pioli hater knows we were 10x times better and only our poor finishing made the game end 0-0

Kmoney

Dribble and Inshallah
Reaction score
That was so fucking frustrating to watch. We should have won easily.

Second half was quite poor though, although with 2 injuries I can’t blame Pioli much on the subs he made

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
Should of won that one, I hope it doesn't bite us on the arse!

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
If Pioli doesn't messed up, we can easily win this. Obviously they play in blocks, the ideal would have someone to turn our game from one side to another so our wingers could run over their fullbacks and penetrate their box.

Im hopping a 2-0 or 3-0 win.
The game went as expected, but we couldn't even score once. Thats frustating, will cost us the quali at the end.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I think I might be one of the few here not THAT mad at Leao for the backheel. Having a creative magical player means that sometimes a mess would be made. The (enormous) flip side is that he could come up with something when nothing works.... not even a genius brk level tactic

So I am actually kind of glad that he's the type of cunt who would try it. Still would kick a boot to his head....but I can't help but want to hug the boy (n/h)

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
If Pioli doesn't messed up, we can easily win this. Obviously they play in blocks, the ideal would have someone to turn our game from one side to another so our wingers could run over their fullbacks and penetrate their box.

Im hopping a 2-0 or 3-0 win.
if we are able to get 1 on 1 in the wings, we will have loads of chances again

newcastle‘s midfield set up :lol:

one time in the match, they had possession with 3 players 5 feet from each other playing the ball back to each other with no Milan player near them. Absolute joke of a midfield.

we are faster with 2X the quality in 4-5 positions

a loss at any margin to that club would be embarrassing

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
AC Mailand been bouncing back since 1899.

No win means no win. Yes we played well but never won the match against Newcastle United on September 19th, 2023. This is not a bounce back. Come on dogs since when our standards became so low. Calling a draw at home against a team we dominated a BOUNCE BACK? Bitches please.

We played well nonetheless. But no three points and no legit bounce back okay? OK good.

We will have a proper bounce back against Verona this weekend. Yes we will.

Forza Mailand.

Wera

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Dortmund are shit, Milan will win twice against them for sure.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Mailand been bouncing back since 1899.

No win means no win. Yes we played well but never won the match against Newcastle United on September 19th, 2023. This is not a bounce back. Come on dogs since when our standards became so low. Calling a draw at home against a team we dominated a BOUNCE BACK? Bitches please.

We played well nonetheless. But no three points and no legit bounce back okay? OK good.

We will have a proper bounce back against Verona this weekend. Yes we will.

Forza Mailand.
They played well

relax, jack

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
We were not bad at all.

Unfortunate not to win.

Also, something which was majorly criticised last year was that we never got many players into the box but now we're getting way more in there. The final ball is lacking but you'll often see as many of our players in the box as theirs. That is one positive

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
if we are able to get 1 on 1 in the wings, we will have loads of chances again

newcastle‘s midfield set up :lol:

one time in the match, they had possession with 3 players 5 feet from each other playing the ball back to each other with no Milan player near them. Absolute joke of a midfield.

we are faster with 2X the quality in 4-5 positions

a loss at any margin to that club would be embarrassing
Tell me about it, is frustrating when you have the victory ready, builted in front of you, but you can't reach it. Our team is not bad at all, but something is missing. We gonna struggle like hell again big lads, but the smallers ones we can totally run over.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We were not bad at all.

Unfortunate not to win.

Also, something which was majorly criticised last year was that we never got many players into the box but now we're getting way more in there. The final ball is lacking but you'll often see as many of our players in the box as theirs. That is one positive
Totally Kuja.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
That backheel was stupid but what the fuck was with Giroud bombing down the middle and getting in the way of Leao? I think he actually closed him off and Leao couldnt get a good shot.

Just let him cook.