Champions League Group Stage: AC Milan vs Salizburgo 02/11/2022 21:00 CET

Levi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Kakà, Nesta, Rui Costa, Gattuso.
Kjaer will hopefully be back to lead the defence, Leao will be back to himself, we go

It’s the team as a whole that needs to function. Against Torino there was a collective blackout.

gioiuzza

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It’s the team as a whole that needs to function. Against Torino there was a collective blackout.

Oh I agree, everyone was fairly poor against Torino. But I think our defence as a whole plays substantially better when one of Kjaer and Maignan is on the pitch, and same for our attack when Leao's in top form.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I'd like to see 4-3-3

Leao, Giroud, Rebic
Tonali, Bennacer, Krunic
Theo, Tomori, Kjaer, Kalulu
Tatarusanu

I think this formation has the most complimentary players. Leao plays well with Giroud (I haven't seen him combine well with Origi). Messias is not a good team player, so Rebic is better on the right, I imagine he combines well with Krunic behind him. We need to win the midfield battle so I'd drop the AM play with 3 CMs.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
Every time I have a trauma in my life I get an arrow tattooed on me... I have several now.

The symbolism and meaning is simple but powerful and relevant... Arrows get pulled backwards, before firing forward... Wednesday night we fire forward!!!

The other thing with arrows is that they kill stuff, so we either fire forward or someone dies haha 😂

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
We are so good it's almost impossible !!

hulk-hogan-flex.gif

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
This game can't come soon enough for me, I'm still livid from last nights performance.

I hope the team are angry, Pioli better of given them a rollicking and we play a great game.

Let's go.

Forza Milan!

Levi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Kakà, Nesta, Rui Costa, Gattuso.
I'd like to see 4-3-3

Leao, Giroud, Rebic
Tonali, Bennacer, Krunic
Tatarusanu

I think this formation has the most complimentary players. Leao plays well with Giroud (I haven't seen him combine well with Origi). Messias is not a good team player, so Rebic is better on the right, I imagine he combines well with Krunic behind him. We need to win the midfield battle so I'd drop the AM play with 3 CMs.

Enough with Krunic and Pobega FFS! We're the Italian champions. We can't continue starting such mediocre players. CDK or Diaz and that's the end of it.

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
I'd like to see 4-3-3

Leao, Giroud, Rebic
Tonali, Bennacer, Krunic
Tatarusanu

Such a good line up. If Giroud was mobile this would have protected Bennacer completely. Anyway Rebic on RW was ineffective last year.

Good luck to all of us

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
What's the record for the shortest interval between contract renewal and sacking for a coach?

:o

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
lol tfat.
Maldini won’t fire Pioli so soon.

Reaction score
I'd like to see 4-3-3

Leao, Giroud, Rebic
Tonali, Bennacer, Krunic
Tatarusanu

I think this formation has the most complimentary players. Leao plays well with Giroud (I haven't seen him combine well with Origi). Messias is not a good team player, so Rebic is better on the right, I imagine he combines well with Krunic behind him. We need to win the midfield battle so I'd drop the AM play with 3 CMs. I also recommend trying the site - https://betpokies.co.nz - there are many interesting options for spending free time online.
The battle in the midfield is always the most important thing, isn't it? I wouldn't discount Messias. Although he might be a better substitute.

Last edited:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
How dare you, sir.

I would never want pioli fired. :o

These are just little trifles of information i am interested in. :devilcon:

Oh don’t get me wrongly. This little triffle of a statistic intregues me too.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
This will be an intense game, Salzburg will be as difficult as Bodo/Glimt were for us at the San Siro in 2020. Never underrate those well-coached and dominant teams from small leagues, especially a team like Salzburg who have been a goldmine for talents in the last 6-7 years.

Albeit, I'd be highly surprised if we don't advance from the group tomorrow. 75k at San Siro will be absolute carnage and there's little chance Salzburg could contain that Leao - Theo side for 90 minutes whilst attempting to go for the win.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
This will be an intense game, Salzburg will be as difficult as Bodo/Glimt were for us at the San Siro in 2020. Never underrate those well-coached and dominant teams from small leagues, especially a team like Salzburg who have been a goldmine for talents in the last 6-7 years.

Albeit, I'd be highly surprised if we don't advance from the group tomorrow. 75k at San Siro will be absolute carnage and there's little chance Salzburg could contain that Leao - Theo side for 90 minutes whilst attempting to go for the win.

It depends which Leao turns up. If we get Sunday nights version we are screwed.

This is a difficult game and we will need to be at our best to advance.

pippofan

wants sex with oriental girls
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivera, Altafini, Maldini, Nesta, Baresi, Prati, Van Basten, Kaka`, Albertini, Gullit
I'm worried about Tata and his stupid mistakes every match.
And the referee, hope he doesn't screw us as most of them have in the Champions' League
Still haven't gotten over the Torino game, I was beyond shocked by our performance so we need to show some pride, fight for every ball and not concede on set pieces. I think Kjaer will be the key, he has to organize and lead our defense. I like the idea of Krunic as with Leao and Rebic on the wings we need some defensive cover.
Forza Milan, we can do it!!!!

Kirk Van Houten

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The first goal tomorrow night will be crucial. I have absolutely no faith in us keeping a clean sheet so I think we need to be in front when the inevitable Salzburg goal comes. Whether Leao shows up or not could be the difference. I just hope to God that we go out and go for the win rather than play for a draw right from the KO.

Schedule