Champions League Group Stage: AC Milan vs Salizburgo 02/11/2022 21:00 CET

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
The “krunic gives us defensive protectation” arguments outta the window 💀
Actually I recall Krunic saving us in a corner and also drawing a crucial foul in our penalty box to save us.. i am pretty sure Tomori in current form would have given the ball away.

But you are right.. even 3 man midfield is not giving enough cover as expected

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
just win/draw

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So we have extra krunic, still cant defend the center. This system not good at all defensively. If they are not good they need more clinical every counters or we will have hard night today. Saelemakers for that extra man in defensive phase is hugely missed.

My insights from the stadium, basically having the whole picture ein front of me non stop:

Salzburg really is pushing it by committing with almost the entire team bar their two CBs in attack. It's crazy. It puts a lot of pressure on us because as soon as they steal the ball, the whole fucking team rushes forward. From here it's kinda obvious why this is so difficult to defend. It's not like our center has no cover but the whole fucking Salzburg team just rushes in a closed formation like God damn German jaegers 😅

The downside of this is they are very vulnerable behind for counters. Theo, Leao, Rebic, even Giroud should have punished them long time ago. They had too many chances to not finish them.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tomori looks nervous but his pressing has been good up the field and he saved a certain goal with speed that most defenders do not have.

I think the center backs are begging at times for a midfielder to drop in with them and help out

Dirooo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Berlusconi's helicopter & Galliani's golden tie
6291f4a5-d97d-4d28-9807-6c57f07add94_text.gif
Still bringing the most relevant and quality sopranos gifs🤣👏👏

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Leao Moving to Salzburg. exchanging pleasantries with Okafor

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
True words. Ismael and Sandro are great players, but they need to be LCM and RCM with a good DM in the middle.
The summer lineups with renato :(

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Woowwowowowo

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Our defence looks a lot less composed compared to last season, but I'm even more worried about our midfield. The double pivot looks very vulnerable in Europe so far. The three men behind the striker (no matter the line-up) simply don't help Ismael and Sandro enough. With Theo often going forward, this often puts us in a delicate situation. We've had success with this set-up, but I think a three man midfield with a true DM would improve us a lot. We've invested a lot of money into the AM position though.
Double pivot looked vulnerable vs Porto and Liverpool last year too. Even with Kessie.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
That goal was well done by Giroud and Rebic, put Krunic on a platter

Schedule