Champions League Group Stage: Porto vs AC Milan 19/10/2021 21:00 CEST

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
I think rest of the games we should give young players chances to show what they got and whatever happens happens

2 out of the next 3 games are at San Siro...which automatically gives me belief we'll get 6 points ;)

The one team we outplayed in this group was atleti and whos to say with 11 men we wont win the game...

Full steam ahead.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
i said it before - this team is not created to win anything (without blaming anyone just pointing current quality)
add injuries and lack of experience

- players like ibra and olig are good for grinding points in serieA against average teams
- saele is rather empoli level player than even milan bench (game like this show how limited he is when asked to do anything alone)
- krunic should be maybe at empoli bench or somewhere else
- benna & kessie :lol: very good players for and from serieA - kessie bit too slow, benna bit too weak and without creativity needed for cm - but hey they are world class for many here (and i know kessie didnt play tonight)
- calab again is passed by winger ... just lack bit of speed or better reading the game
- tomori with worst game for us... shaky, fouling when not needed, bad passes, didnt cost us a goal today like in some first game but ... was terrible

- leao tired and isolated in 2nd half and milan attack didnt exist anymore (also he carries the ball too often lately rather than pass to fodeBT)

dont know what magic pioli needs to do with olig/ibra-krunic-saele as 3 of 4 in attack for ucl game.:eek::eek:

+ baka is probably our weakest midfielder currently so yea...

Last edited:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
2 weeks to recover Theo, Diaz and whoever else was missing.
Time to pull an Atalanta.

Theo is a huge miss. It's like having Arjen Robben at LB.

We paid peanuts for him. Give him what he wants and tie him down.

He can walk into any team in world football.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
We can only say bravo to porto and respect

We just werent on the level needed

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Theo is so important for us. No other LB could fill his shoes

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Diaz is more important
I am sure we would have gotten something from this match with him on the field

But relying on krunic as a sub for diaz is definitely on maldini.. but I guess he wanted his son to have minutes

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
It was always going to be tough against Porto away with Saele krunic Leao Giroud front 4.

Theo Kessie Rebic very very important in champions league.

VAR is a fucking scam but Porto deffo deserved this one tbh.

Very small chance now but we still alive.

OVUNQUE CON TE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Diaz is more important
I am sure we would have gotten something from this match with him on the field

But relying on krunic as a sub for diaz is definitely on maldini.. but I guess he wanted his son to have minutes

We rely of Krunic because we are poor

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The blame is piolis because bakayoko should have started midfield was exposed and provided no protection to mount any serious attack. Tonali played well but benaccer was awful and I was shocked he remains . Pioli got it wrong imo with what he had available. If we don't we win the league we need a change.

Coaching change?

Baka just came back from an injury, and is clearly very rusty and poor at the moment. Ideally he wouldn't even have been brought on.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Folks need to stop being so shocked. Bar Guroud and Maignan, all the new players bought this season are straight of the banter era playbook.

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
This game was a copy of the liverpool game. our players just couldn't handle the press.

Tonali, Bennacer, Krunic all wanted way too much time on the ball.

Even though he got substituted early I felt Balo-toure was our most dangerous player providing constant overlaps to Leao who never once passed it to the kid even though he was in acres of space. Made all his running worthless. That's what frustrates me about Leao he does not pass quick enough and to the right person sometimes but he will take on a player every time.

our players out there looked like bambi on ice, so clumsy and unable to do basic passes right. Krunic was invisible but ill give him a pass cause he hasn't played in a while but the other two midfielders god were they awful. could not pass more than three passes together.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
If we don't win the league poili must leave. Milan playing with to much over passing especially in key areas of the attack. Milan at opposition 18 yards and pass back to defense. This must stop. Milan avoiding the net.

You high? :lol:

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Who cares

Move forward

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Pioli must leave? Are you mad, he’s been amazing for us. Top class coach. I don’t want anyone else except Pioli

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The Champions League is another level of pressure above what we are used to handle in Serie A.

Always remember that this is our first season back in the Champions League after 7 years. Yes, I did expect us to do well in this group but reality turned out differently and we must accept it.

We have got bad luck with all the injuries and Covid-19 cases. Kessie's red card did not help with the situation either.

I usually bash Pioli in Serie A very hard but not this time. I think he has exhausted all his resources in the Champions League.

About the punishment of VAR upon us for joining the Super League. Let us hope their anger will be gone after this season so we will have more breathing room in the future.

Yes, I could believe we will need to pay 250-500k per match in order to have a fair refereeing experience this season. We have committed sin against the organization. It is hilarious to think that way but it is possible.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Judt incredible how many posters showed up to talk shit after we lost.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Well, maybe we won?t qualify for EL either and then we can solely focus on the league.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Our back-up full-backs suck man. Hope we get better ones soon. Kalulu hasn't come on the way I thought he would and unless Bollo-Toure shows a dramatic improvement, we better get new ones. I think we should also let Theo play further up the pitch and get a brand new left-back who's better defensively. Theo is gifted offensively and shouldn't be asked to hang back to do defensive duties if he can't. I can see him develop the way Bale did when moved further up the pitch.

I fear we might pay the price for the corrupt referee's showing in the Atleti game. Disappointing performance yesterday, the injuries didn't help. We looked strangely subdued, maybe because of the injuries. I can't wait to see what Messias can bring to the table, he looks like a handy purchase.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Our back-up full-backs suck man. Hope we get better ones soon. Kalulu hasn't come on the way I thought he would and unless Bollo-Toure shows a dramatic improvement, we better get new ones. I think we should also let Theo play further up the pitch and get a brand new left-back who's better defensively. Theo is gifted offensively and shouldn't be asked to hang back to do defensive duties if he can't. I can see him develop the way Bale did when moved further up the pitch.

I fear we might pay the price for the corrupt referee's showing in the Atleti game. Disappointing performance yesterday, the injuries didn't help. We looked strangely subdued, maybe because of the injuries. I can't wait to see what Messias can bring to the table, he looks like a handy purchase.

Welcome back :eek:

I agree.
And I'm also frustrated about our backups for fullback position. I mentioned it yesterday what a luxury it was to have Dalot who could play both sides

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bennacer is unrecognisable, he's being very poor lately.

Remember when you posted shit after not watching Milan play in the league?

What is this :lol:

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Welcome back :eek:

I agree.
And I'm also frustrated about our backups for fullback position. I mentioned it yesterday what a luxury it was to have Dalot who could play both sides
Thank you :) It's been a while.

Yeah, so true. He was such a quality back-up. Kalulu and Bollo-Toure look nowhere near that level. Thankfully our budgetary constraints haven't affected our strengthening in other areas to as great an extent as it has in the full-backs.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

What? Kalulu has been pretty good at RB

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
tomori had some bad plays, in midfield we were losing the ball too often when pressed, attack didnt create much - so without the ball we were forced to focus on defending for most of the game.

and when benna and tonali get tired in midfield and didnt bring ball forward our attack lost any base.

olig and krunic are slow/static, saele isnt any surprise in attack -you cant play like that in ucl.

question may be why we lost so many balls in the midfield??
because of slowness?? or maybe players around were static and didnt show as a options?? or maybe lacking of understanding because of forced rotation??

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players

Schedule