Champions League Round of 16: Tottenham vs AC Milan 08/03/2023 21:00 CET

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Pls delete this post before Gerry sees it
It's the truth, so I won't delete it :o
Ofc it helps to have some more and spend it on the right players. But the truth is that money alone can't buy you everything. PSG will probably never win CL, no matter how many stars they buy. Makes me happy to see them lose.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
“Jihad ball”

Didn’t park the bus, pressed them all night on their turf, created far and away more chances over both legs…

Very far from jihad ball we see from allegri. We need a killer mentality in front of goal but Pioli will never have us play that way for better or worse

dude its not his fault our forwards cant finish properly and make far too many wrong decisions. Leao's attacking positioning is soooooooo fucking bad. he has such great pace strength and dribbling abilities but a football brain he deffo lacks

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I'm commenting from what I see from him. Don't care about hype machines.

I think he's the perfect target player. Does everything right imo.
Weird hill to die on tonight.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
“Jihad ball”

Didn’t park the bus, pressed them all night on their turf, created far and away more chances over both legs…

Very far from jihad ball we see from allegri. We need a killer mentality in front of goal but Pioli will never have us play that way for better or worse
You could feel from the first minutes this was going to be a good night. Very mature performance.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
So, we won.

Great win. Great performance. I'm happy as hell.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
origi is such a bum
outside of the miss, he just goes for such braindead and selfish plays. tunnel vision embodied

didnt really have an opinion of him before he got here so i was hopeful but yeah i doubt he's gonna be a reliable player going forward

Leave Origi alone.

When Pioli subbed him in I told my buddies at the bar: "Origi this season has been so abysmally bad. If he scores tonight, I'll eat a Pizza with Ananas on it."

Me the moment he hit that post:

The brother saved my life... :proud:

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We use this strong defensive game as an example for when we forget how to play a defensive game we will look back on this one.

We can also look back on this game as to how to not mess up in attack.

A very solid display honestly.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ppl shitting on Leao even as he created the two best chances for the game :rolleyes:

It's like our impotent Fiorentna display never happened

Also ... Forza Diaz :o

I don't know what's worse, Leao regressing back to passenger Leao or Rebic still not even close to challenge him.

This contract situation is visibly weighting on Leao. And I wouldn't even say Rebic isn't trying because I see him running all the time, even against Fiorentina, but his physics has regressed so badly that he doesn't even look like a Serie B player anymore.

One way or another, and I meean that quite literally, the Leao situation has to be solved soon.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
We desperately need another forward and replacement for leao.

Origi and rebid have got to go. Absolutely useless

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Look at all those coeficient points.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
“Jihad ball”

We need more shooting training, i suggest every player to score 10.000 goal every training session

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
By the way anyone who wants the wig wearing match fixing fraud at our club needs to reality check

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Superb performances over both games, should’ve had more goals over 2 legs but result is the main thing. We’ve gone 2 more rounds and counting than previous season so on that upward trend. Next tie is a free hit, this team if we finish in top 4 has had a good season. Pity about the league but we are on the right track definitely need to sharpen up our finishing

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What’s Harry Redknapp Droopy the detective hound saying now? Eh??

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
Motm conte easiest game in sometime

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I dont know why we dont defend in the league like tonight...every defender had a job tonight to mark a player

Still trying to figure out if it was us defending superbly or Tottenham attacking poorly. Probably a bit of both. Still, they are like 4th in EPL, aren't they? So yeah, the Fiorentina we faced last weekend was intimidating. And they're a midtable Serie A team. Tottenham was a stark contrast to what we faced four days ago and they are supposed to be an EPL top team, despite players like Kane and Son.

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
This is proving out to be one good night… Just 5 more good games in Europe, boys!

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
I’m so fuckiing over the moon… first quarter appearance since 2012… habibi milan ❤️🖤❤️🖤

Bennacer was fantastic in the few minutes he got.. top

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Still trying to figure out if it was us defending superbly or Tottenham attacking poorly. Probably a bit of both. Still, they are like 4th in EPL, aren't they? So yeah, the Fiorentina we faced last weekend was intimidating. And they're a midtable Serie A team. Tottenham was a stark contrast to what we faced four days ago and they are supposed to be an EPL top team, despite players like Kane and Son.
It's both. They didn't take many risks, except when they played Son on the left with Richarlison up front. Once Romero got sent off they reverted back to being very risk averse, which was weird considering the circumstance. Why take off a winger for a CB when you desperately need a goal? You already had two CBs on the field. Such a weird sub from Conte.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I also think we're really well suited to playing teams with a double pivot. Most of the games we won this past month and half were against 343 shapes. Fiorentina clogged our midfield and suffocated that space, and we suffered. Today the midfield was pretty open and we could man mark without worrying too much about overloads in the middle.

Still think eventually we're go back to a 433 shape, the midfield still worries me a bit. What Maldini said pregame also makes me believe maybe that's the long term plan, since he said we could get the same result with 3 defenders or 3 midfielders, but he prefers 4 defenders.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Ppl shitting on Leao even as he created the two best chances for the game :rolleyes:

Exactamundo.

namorov

High functioning Milanista
Reaction score

People want Leao to run all game. I guess they want another Salad.

He is a sprinter, he can't chase the ball all game. His job is to be explosive, and for that he needs to keep his energy levels to be ready for those key moments. He chases the ball when it's required or when we press, but he is selective about it. I don't think it's laziness, as some choose to see it.

His shooting is shit tho, he needs to put in the work there. Although he had that one shot lately when he hit the post, so maybe he is improving, but it doesnt happen over night.

Schedule